• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - E3 2006 Thread (HD TRAILER UP)

Lakitu

st5fu
Right, thought I'd create this for talk about the series around E3 coz we all know E3 is a very special time for the series around E3 and with new screens hitting the web soon, I figured it would be the right time do create this topic.

Essential Links
Kojima Productions E3 2006 Page
Metalgearsolid.org at E3 2006

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Format: Playstation 3

gafbannernonsc1sl.jpg

Listen to 90 seconds of the new trailer! Here! - [URL="http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2006/05/001622.html"]Click here for a translation of the dialogue[/URL]

Listen to another audio snippet, this time of Hidechan radio! Here.

Trailer (direct-feed) will debut on the web on May 10th, 11:00AM (US Local Time)

What's expected:
-A brand new epic trailer.
-New screens.
-New info/interviews.
-A demonstration from Hideo Kojima.

What we know:
-Another audio snippet of the trailer has been posted online through Hidechan Radio. No translation at this time.
-A camera shot on the showfloor partially reveals the new MGS 4 logo.
-The trailer itself will be 10-15 minutes long (leaning towards 15).
-An audio snippet of the first 90 seconds of the new trailer has been posted online, just listen to the Kojima Report (15) and here is a English translation of the dialogue.
-Kojima says "it's based on a new war, something that's totally different from the past. A lot of things that we never have done are in the game" according to MTV.com
-The trailer is supposed to include the following characters:
Campbell, Otacon, Meryl, Liquid Snake, Naomi, Solid Snake and Raiden
-Apparent dialogue from the trailer:
"The face of war has changed. It moved from a policy of determent to all-out control, and with this, the threat from weapons of mass destruction disappeared. The control of the battlefield also meant the control of history. The face of war has changed. With the control of the battlefield, war became eternal."
- Solid Snake.
-Should show MGS 4's full graphical power as the textures of the TGS trailer were a rush job and the trailer was originally meant to be 10 seconds long.

Media:
An audio snippet that continues where the last one left off on Hidechan.
Audio snippet of the first 90 seconds of the trailer
Trailer (Coming Soon)
New MGS 4 Logo (Showfloor)
Screens (Coming Soon)

Articles:
Coming Soon

Metal Gear Solid PSP
Format: PSP

What's expected:
-Reveal of the title and it's gameplay.
-New trailer.
-New screens.
-New info/story line details.

What we know:
-It's an action game.
-It's part of the main Metal Gear timeline and is not a spin off.
-The game is about how Big Boss established Foxhound.
-Features Big Boss as the protagonist.
-Based on the events of MGS 3 in thr 1964 but set in the 1970s.
-It supports wi-fi.
-Looks on par with the PS2 MGS games.
-Polygon count lower but won't be noticeable.
-Exciting duels.
-When a fellow troop dies, he does not come back.
-Alternative methods of victory are expanded.
-Surrendering with the white flag without dying means, battle ends without any decrease. (Wi-Fi competitive mode)
-At the start you can choose whether or not you want to lose troops. (Wi-Fi competitive mode)
-If you don't bet when you lose or die, you don't lose troops. (Wi-Fi competitive mode)
-Release: Fall 2006/2007 - 20th anniversary of the Metal Gear series.
-Has a link with MGS 4.
-Once you die, you can't continue.
-Paramedic from MGS 3 will be in the game.

Media:
Trailer (Coming Soon)
New Screens (Coming Soon)

Articles:
First ever translated details at GAF

Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (DGN)
Format: PSP

What's expected:
-New trailer
-New screens
-New info

What we know:
-It's a conversion of the original Metal Gear Solid into digital comic form.

Media:
Trailer (Coming Soon)
New Screens (Coming Soon)

Articles:
Coming Soon

What else?
-There's rumoured to be more, in the latest podcast for instance they talk about there being more than a game, whatever that means.

---------------------------------------------

Cheers to brandonh83 for the awesome banner :D
Thanks to lunlunqq, Miburou and duckroll for the MGS PSP details

Discuss all MGS E3 activity in this topic.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
"The face of war has changed. It moved from a policy of determent to all-out control, and with this, the threat from weapons of mass destruction disappeared. The control of the battlefield also meant the control of history. The face of war has changed. With the control of the battlefield, war became eternal."
- Solid Snake.
:lol

I love MGS

djkimothy

This thread has got me going. It will soon expode in an orgy of media and mass hysteria. The sad part is we have to wait to play it. :(

Ranger X

WalkMan said:
It's still kind of sad seeing Snake at the end of his life. :( still fighting...

So was Big Boss. This series could be an endless circle with new snakes each time.
Metal Gear Solid is having all the potential of cult series like James Bond really. There will always be an agent 007! ;)

Elios83

In a sense it's better that we don't get anything spoiled before E3 but I hope the trailer is showed at the Sony conference on May 8th.

WalkMan

Banned
Ranger X said:
So was Big Boss. This series could be an endless circle with new snakes each time.
Metal Gear Solid is having all the potential of cult series like James Bond really. There will always be an agent 007! ;)
Yea but if anyone is going to take over... it'll be Raiden. He better be a cyborg in MGS4 or I'm gonna be dissapointed.

Solo

Lakitu said:
Trailer (direct-feed) will debut on the web on May 10th, 11:00AM (US Local Time)

Campbell, Otacon, Meryl, Liquid, Naomi, Snake and Raiden

Where did that date and time come from? And where did that character list come from?

MGS4 will rule E3, again :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

I can't believe all of them are going to be in this video...OH SHIT IF TRUE

bud

Lakitu said:

Oh shit, I didn't even notice that! I'm sure that i speak for fellow MGS fans too when I say that this is an all-star MGS cast.

djkimothy

Bud said:
Oh shit, I didn't even notice that! I'm sure that i speak for fellow MGS fans too when I say that this is an all-star MGS cast.

But what of Ocelot?

I hope the direct feed is a decent codec, please not WMV!!! I want H.264! >.<

BlueTsunami said:
oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

I can't believe all of them are going to be in this video...OH SHIT IF TRUE

Wasn't there that picture of that voice cast together after a session for the trailer, so its most likely very true :D

Sucks on the May 10th reveal if true. That means no MGS4 trailer at Sony's conference and worse it means we need to wait 2 more days.

BlueTsunami said:
Raiden will be badass..MARK MY WORDS
Your words? Kojima already assured us fans will like him a lot more than they did in MGS2. The only thing they won't change that might still suck is his voice actor.
WalkMan said:
It's still kind of sad seeing Snake at the end of his life. :( still fighting...
It's just a fulfillment of curse.

Snake once again saved the world. However, there was no smile on his face. Big Boss' last words kept ringing in Snake's head."Whoever wins, our battle does not end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there. And the survivor must live his life as a warrior until he dies." Snake then disappeared into the white lands of Alaska. It's even sadder to read this with The Boss in mind.

I'll just throw this in here, Kojima again confirmed there will be a MGS movie during a interview in this months PSW. He saids that he feels Viggo Mortensen would make a perfect Solid Snake.

SolidSnakex said:
I'll just throw this in here, Kojima again confirmed there will be a MGS movie during a interview in this months PSW. He saids that he feels Viggo Mortensen would make a perfect Solid Snake.

Now thats actually a good choice....

BlueTsunami

Verboten said:
The only thing they won't change that might still suck is his voice actor

Hmmm thats true. I wonder how they will go about Raiden's image in conjunction with his VA.

SolidSnakex said:

I can't picture Aragorn with a gun, and no I havn't seen A History of Violence. I've heard Chritian Bale mentioned before, I think thats a better fit. Actually Sawyer from Lost would be excellent.

BlueTsunami

MiamiWesker said:
I can't picture Aragorn with a gun, and no I havn't seen A History of Violence. I've heard Chritian Bale mentioned before, I think thats a better fit. Actually Sawyer from Lost would be excellent.

A History of Violence is a very good movie, I highly suggest it

I also think Christian Bale would be a good choice

Kreuzader

Verboten said:
Snake once again saved the world. However, there was no smile on his face. Big Boss' last words kept ringing in Snake's head."Whoever wins, our battle does not end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there. And the survivor must live his life as a warrior until he dies." Snake then disappeared into the white lands of Alaska. It's even sadder to read this with The Boss in mind.

Yeah, the part of the Boss' monologue that echoed those lines was well-crafted I thought.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle.

MiamiWesker said:

Now thats actually another good choice, but i think morten will be more adequate....

BlueTsunami said:
A History of Violence is a very good movie, I highly suggest it

I also think Christian Bale would be a good choice

Christian Bale is an excellent actor and all but he has 0% of likeness to snake.....

dalyr95

Brosnan would be good for later years Snake and Hugh Jackman for early years. They both have a gruff angle...

After watching the FF Advent Children I would rather prefer a animated movie to the real thing. With all the original voice actors.

Looks like they are going for live actors, so Viggo is once hell of a good choice.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Raiden SHOULD be badass. He learned a lot from snake in MGS2.

And the dude was a pretty excellent sneaking machine, even if he whined a little.

WalkMan

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Raiden SHOULD be badass. He learned a lot from snake in MGS2.

And the dude was a pretty excellent sneaking machine, even if he whined a little.
I'm thinking Raiden will be killing Snake...attempting to.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WalkMan said:
I'm thinking Raiden will be killing Snake...attempting to.

Kojima said we'd like Raiden after this game though.

If Raiden does any of that, Raiden will be hated so badly.

dalyr95

I can imagine Raiden saving Snake's life a couple of times during the game, and Snake saying "I owe you one" etc etc.

Then at the end of the game Snake comes through big time and saves the world or something and Raiden/Snake saying "We're even now" but just alot more dialogue as this is a Kojima game :D

7Th

Y2Kevbug11 said:

Depends on execution, I can picture a really badass Snake's death by Raiden's hands making me respect this second character.

Y2Kevbug11 said:

Yes, because everyone hated Naked Snake when he did in the Boss, and Grey Fox when he tried with Snake.

Verboten said:
Yes, because everyone hated Naked Snake when he did in the Boss, and Grey Fox when he tried with Snake.

Raiden is already hated, Solid Snake is the most popular character in the series by a long shot. Put Raiden taking Snake out and you've just made a character that people are going to hate alot more than they do now.

7Th

Verboten said:

Exactly, Raiden is disliked because he was/is a pussy.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
....Have their been any mentions of any ninjas? I want to see a fucking cyborg ninja, and I don't care who it is.

Solo

Vyse The Legend said:
I hope there's English VA in the trailer. I'd love to hear Liquid and old Ocelot again. Sadly, I doubt it will be.

If history holds, then we'll be waiting until next E3 for english VA.

[Nintex]

MGS2 was awesome and i didn't have much problems with raiden untill....
In the end it turns out that he is a child soldier and a killer and he become's a little more hardcore and I thought wll i almost finished the game he wasn't THAT bad...
But then the final dialogue comes in and he says Poetry that sounded so gay that I wanted to control snake and shoot him

Top Bottom