• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaver18

Articate said:
zy7c4n.gif

Also:
500 - Internal Server Error - it beings.

Seriously, though.

There's a monopoly forming in the game industry. Well, actually two, but aside from Wii - the 360 now has managed to get in a circle where they can buy all games before they have so much money, and get so much money because they have all games.

I do not like it.
whaaat? isnt that the goal? to have every great game on your console. why would you not support microsoft trying to improve their console?

Menaged

Please come to PS3 too.
I don't want to buy another console.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that care MGS is coming to 360. I think as many people possible should enjoy this franchise. And this is why I want it to come to PS3 as well :(

Xater

Lion Heart said:
Nice, I wonder how different it will be from the typical MGS.

Will probably not be a stealth game. It said "Ligtning Bolt Action" insted of "Stealth Action". So I guess more Ninja Gaiden direction but with Raiden as a cyber ninja.

Averon

There's no freaking way MGS:Rising is 360 exclusive. I can't believe people are entertaining the notion. :lol

ZeroFate

So I'm guessing this is sort of a standalone story considering they're not porting MGS4 over to the 360? I hope this is a multi-platform release since MGS4 is actually available on the PS3.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Averon said:
Wow. No meltdowns yet? I'm disappointed.

We have known for a while that the next console MGS game was multiplatform.

Surprised they kept the MGS name. Thought they would have gone with metal gear raiden.

commanderdeek said:
I didn't see a ps3 symbol at the end of the video.

If it was exclusive, MS would have been shouting it at the top of their lungs and had flashing lights and music.

It is multi just like most expected.

Razor554

If this would been exclusive, im sure they would have mentioned it, atleast the MS guy would have. By this time last year we have like 30+ pages of raving about FF coming to 360? But not in a same pace with MGS? Im disappointed GAF.

Kastro

Banned
Lame... stop milking this stupid fucking storyline. MGS4 was the end.

What is there to tell about Raiden that hasn't been told already?

Loudninja

Razor554 said:
If this would been exclusive, im sure they would have mentioned it, atleast the MS guy would have. By this time last year we have like 30+ pages of raving about FF coming to 360? But not in a same pace with MGS? Im disappointed GAF.

Because its not MGS4?

Facism

-viper- said:
why would this be a 360 exclusive? It was first shown on the PS3 Famitsu.

It's multiplat. As expected.

Of course it's mulitplat. If it was exclusive, they would have made a big fuss about it, used Pavlonian techniques and tell you it was 'the greatest game of the *insert genre' 8 times during the reveal.

Now people can shutup about MGS coming to 360 finally. :)

Glad to see it's a new game too, and not a year old port. Everyone can appreciate that.

I am going to call it now: You play as Raiden for the first chapter, then it switches to Snake for the rest. Basically the reverse of MGS2.

Getting the new MSG at the same time as the PS3 version is more megaton than getting MGS4 over a year late would be.

God I love E3.

It's obviously coming to PS3 too. They already have the god damned engine running on it. And the whole PS3 +PSP thing in the Japanese mags.

But... ugh, Raiden. If not a new Snake/Big Boss story, I at least wanted a remake. Raiden is just not a good character.

Man...the 500 Internal Server Error's are hot and heavy today!

Still, I'm waiting on the folks to say "Yeah? Well, it's not Snake, so it's not a REAL MGS, so there!"

John_B

This is a spin-off. If Raiden is in a suit like that teaser suggested then it will play nothing like the normal games.

I sincerely hope there is a MGS5 still to be announced. Raiden spin-off and Big Boss PSP game would suck after that teaser.

Artofwar420

I predict it will be an MGS4 port, but with an added Raiden level(s). Maybe even something Big Boss related thrown in.

Whatever the case I'd buy it, I hope it comes to the PS3.

keyrat

Can't find the post right now, but I would just like to say I called it. I'll dig it up later.

(I called the Raiden game, not x360)

anddo0

HurricaneJesus said:
I am going to call it now: You play as Raiden for the first chapter, then it switches to Snake for the rest. Basically the reverse of MGS2.

Getting the new MSG at the same time as the PS3 version is more megaton than getting MGS4 over a year late would be.

God I love E3.

Not really sure about it being a megaton.. I mean, who didn't assume the next game would be multi?

Binabik15

On one hand, I´m pissed that 360 fanboys will proclaim victory for the next few months and shit up every thread and the flames between them hardcore ps3 fans will lead to almost unreadble threads, on the other I´m looking forward to people NOT putting down a Metal Gear game because it´s not on their system.

On a third hand (I´m an alien) I hope that Kojima can at some point in the future break free from MG and start working on new stuff. Robot Game, 61!!

Kastro

Banned
kodt said:
between 2 and 4?

We already know what happened.. it was explained in MGS4.

Making a game out of that is just a pathetic excuse to keep milking the storyline.

Why should we care when we already know the outcome?

This prequel shit was old after MGS3.. now it's just a joke.

Thrakier

I guess he'll show the trailer at the sony PK tomorrow. There is no way that he didn't make a new trailer. Kojima loves making trailers.

hsin

Banned
If it's Raiden, I'd love to see how it pans out. The Grey Fox Ninja levels in MGS VR Missions were fun as hell and I was disappointed there were only 3 measly levels.

keyrat said:
Can't find the post right now, but I would just like to say I called it. I'll dig it up later.

(I called the Raiden game, not x360)

don't bother, EVERYONE called the raiden game. way back in gdc.

DMeisterJ

Banned
traynuvthawt said:
don't bother, EVERYONE called the raiden game. way back in gdc.

Exactly. We all knew it was a multi-plat Raiden game every since we heard the rumor of Kojima's PS360 game, and the Raiden Game.

1 + 1 = 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom