• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcipello

Called it back when MGS4 came out... and glad i was right too :D my hopes are it's about Raiden's backstory and cyborg transformation.

Flek

Banned
34p0y6w.jpg

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
why is there a solid in the title?

edit: wow even gametrailers is getting 500s. the internet feels so brittle right now

Druz

Belgand said:
As for being exclusive both sides have some evidence going. Left 4 Dead 2 was announced after the "360 Exclusives" statement and it clearly had a label saying it was coming out for PC as well. At the same time it also had a label saying it was coming to PC.

I'm going to side and say that it's probably multiplatform until we get further confirmation.

Exclusivity doesn't omit the PC

Thrakier

Averon said:
Think, people. If it was exclusive--even timed exclusive--MS would've yelled that at the top of their lungs. They wouldn't left any doubt in anyone's mind about 360 MGS exclusivity.

This. If this game would be exclusive we would definitly know it now. Also how much sense would it make to exclude the core fanbase (4 mio. MGS4 sold and after all it's more a playstation franchise) for a spin-off. Kojima will be on the Sony PC tomorrow, he'll announce MGS:pO2 with Big Boss and show a trailer for MG:Rising. I think that's a safe bet.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Unless a company says EXCLUSIVELY FOR..., then it's probably multi. Even then, its a crap shoot. :lol

New Metal Gear is all groovy.

ZeoVGM

Banned
speedpop said:
Don't think I'll go anywhere near this unless Kojima is confirmed as director. It seems like nothing more than a spin-off, and nothing against the Metal Gear Ac!d fans or Portable Ops fanatics.. but those games were pretty shit..

Uh, you just made an ass of yourself. PO was fantastic. Acid was fun too.

Oh, and mentioning Twin Snakes is a good thing. Loved it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Official MS press release says...no exclusitivity.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayR...STORY=/www/story/06-01-2009/0005036113&EDATE=

"Metal Gear Solid: Rising" (Konami Digital Entertainment). "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" is the highly anticipated debut of Hideo Kojima's critically acclaimed "Metal Gear Solid" franchise on Xbox 360. "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" will star Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the "Metal Gear Solid" universe, in a new, thrilling adventure on Xbox 360.

Wait, so is the entire Metal Gear catalog coming to the 360 as well? I only caught the end of the press conference and Morgan Webb said something along those lines. If true, cool.

seat

I can't believe some of you convinced me that character wasn't Raiden on the teaser site. I should have gone with my instincts and held fast that it was him. Sunny? What idiocy. Much crow-eating is deserved in that thread.

Gotta give props to jett, he kept saying it was Raiden and talked down to everyone else who said it wasn't. He was right through and through.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Jimmy Stav said:
Wait, so is the entire Metal Gear catalog coming to the 360 as well? I only caught the end of the press conference and Morgan Webb said something along those lines. If true, cool.

It was Adam, not Morgan.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
omg rite said:
Uh, you just made an ass of yourself. PO was fantastic. Acid was fun too.

Oh, and mentioning Twin Snakes is a good thing. Loved it.
Oh sorry, you forgot that my gaming opinion is obviously vastly different to yours. You also forgot that unless you're willing to buy me a copy of MGS: Rising or confirm Kojima's directors seat, then you can stop insulting me.

Xater

Jimmy Stav said:

No! Whoever that is, is an idiot.

jett

D-Member
Lord Error said:
More weird is that this would be the time where Kojima usually announces MGS4: Subsistenance, but no sign of that either.

MGS4 already has its "Subsistence" extra game. It's called Metal Gear Online.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Jimmy Stav said:

metal gear solid trilogy redeemed?

LowParry

Hrm. I'm curious if this game will steer away from any of the "tactical espionage" and turn more to the pure adventure game. Hopefully we'll see more at TGS this year.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jett

D-Member
CcrooK said:
Hrm. I'm curious if this game will steer away from any of the "tactical espionage" and turn more to the pure adventure game. Hopefully we'll see more at TGS this year.

:lol You'll see a 20 minute trailer at Konami's conference at the latest.

Since we are on the subject of exclusivity PC/360, MS considers Windows/Vista a platform, not GFW but games on played on the OS. Do they see any licensing money from a published game played on their OSs.

In an older interview he stated that MS has two gaming platforms Xbox 360 and Windows.

seat said:
I can't believe some of you convinced me that character wasn't Raiden on the teaser site. I should have gone with my instincts and held fast that it was him. Sunny? What idiocy. Much crow-eating is deserved in that thread.

Gotta give props to jett, he kept saying it was Raiden and talked down to everyone else who said it wasn't. He was right through and through.

EVERYONE? :p

Don

Guessing it won't be a stealth game which is kind of dissapointing. Lightning Bolt Action.
I wonder if they have info on the PSP MGS game as well as this game when the countdown ends.

LowParry

jett said:
:lol You'll see a 20 minute trailer at Konami's conference at the latest.

You think so? Suppose I better go tune in when the time comes. Just didn't think we see something this quick from Koji Pro since it's been a year of MGS4.

LiK

jett said:
Why would they? Sony actually has first party games to show.

just to say: "ME TOO!" altho MS already had Kojima-san present it so i doubt they'll repeat it at their own conference.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I'm sorry but MGS without a version of snake isn't MGS. Raiden isn't fit to change Snakes socks let alone star in his own game. Now if it had been a game about Grey Fox then I would have purchased 3 copies.

angelfly

I thought it was clear from the conference that it just meant future games would be multiplatform. Adam's slip up is causing lots of confusion.

jett

D-Member
seat said:

always bet on jett

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS gave a good show today, but PLEASE......use some common sense, any new console MGS game will not be exclusive to ANY console....360 or PS3.

There is no common sense on GAF.
Many people are all emo hurt because they now have to pretty much accept no MGS4 on 360 so now big meltdowns so their lives are just empty so they will latch only this for as long as they can...

angelfly said:
I thought it was clear from the conference that it just meant future games would be multiplatform. Adam's slip up is causing lots of confusion.

No really it is not causing any confusion at all, he is an idiot and this is generally accepted.

distrbnce

Banned
So... this ISN'T what the big countdown has been for? It's for the PSP game?

I guess it would've been obvious if it had ended during the MS conference...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Some good stuff on the PS Blog right now.

SONY WTF U AINT GOIN FREAKEN PAY FOR MGS PS3 ONLY WTF U LOST FF13 AND NOW METAL GEAR WTF ANSWER OUR DAMN ?S NOW WE PAY FOR A PS3 BC OF PS3 GAMES ONLY AND NOW WE R LOSEN THEM? WTF BETTER SHOW SOMETHING GOOD TOMORROW WTF IM PISSED RIGHT NOW THAT U GUYS WOULD ALLOWED THIS CARE ABOUT UR FANS WHO HAVE HAD UR BACK WHEN NO ONE ELSE HAS WTF PAY FOR PS3 ONLY DAMN IT

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom