• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know what 360 only gamers feel about this title, this thread is mainly trolling and damage control right know.

I don't see alot of excitment, to be honest.

Loudninja

Anerythristic said:
Would like to know what 360 only gamers feel about this title, this thread is mainly trolling and damage control right know.

Damage control for what?

Donos

DeyTukRJerbs said:
Hopefully we get a trailer of Raiden chopping shit up in Sony's conference tomorrow.

Konami has it's own meeting i think. I guess MGS-R will be their focus (and trophies for MGS4 :lol )

jonah777

Anerythristic said:

I know very little about MGS in general... so it's wait-and-see for me. Raiden certainly looks to be a more interesting character than Snake.

h3ro

Anerythristic said:

There isn't much trolling going on. We knew the announcement was coming and I think generally, all of us are happy that we'll be getting a NEW game, regardless of platform.

evil ways

So it's official, it's ok and cool to be a Metal Gear fan now that it's multi platform. Whew!! :D

Long live Metal Gear Solid!!

Steroyd

Anerythristic said:

Not surprising because it sounds more like a Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden hack slash title rather than MGS5, other than that there's not much to gauge from the announcement outside of omfgwtfbbq a MGS title for Xbox 360!!!

KingJ2002

i wish they would have shown off the game... but im excited about this piece of news.

with that said... im not going to wait on a 360 port of mgs 4... once sony announces a ps3 price drop im going out and picking up mgs 4

Too_Good

Neo Member
I don't know. It's not a Metal Gear game without the sneaking. So lightning bolt action is supposed to mean Ninja Gaiden type play?? A lot has to be explained about the game before the hype train leaves the station.

Colocho

Banned
seat said:
I can't believe some of you convinced me that character wasn't Raiden on the teaser site. I should have gone with my instincts and held fast that it was him. Sunny? What idiocy. Much crow-eating is deserved in that thread.

Gotta give props to jett, he kept saying it was Raiden and talked down to everyone else who said it wasn't. He was right through and through.
I think anyone with a brain knew it was Raiden and Big Boss.

Anerythristic said:

There's nothing to be excited about, beyond the pedigree. If it's a competant action game that's nice though.

Dever

Banned
jonah777 said:
I know very little about MGS in general... so it's wait-and-see for me. Raiden certainly looks to be a more interesting character than Snake.

Snake is far cooler than Raiden imo.. I'm so disappointed that the next big MGS game is going to be Raiden, not Big Boss.

dacuk

Averon said:
There's no freaking way MGS:Rising is 360 exclusive. I can't believe people are entertaining the notion. :lol

I can see some bitter tears coming your way...

LJ11

Hopefully it's not a total departure, they really nailed the controls in 4, and I would love to play another entry with similar mechanics.

seat

Why the whining? I figured Raiden was redeemed in MGS4. He was arguably the coolest character in that game.

fortified_concept said:
Looks like a DMC type of game.
Jesus fucking Christ, I fucking hope not.

jonah777 said:

I understand people have their own opinions and I respect that, but.....wow, seriously?

I mean I guess to someone like you who doesn't know about MGS, I can maybe see that....but man. You're missing out.

seat said:
Why the whining? I figured Raiden was redeemed in MGS4. He stole the spotlight with his awesomeness in that game.

Raiden in MGS4 was the most egregious example of Kojima catering to idiot fans. He was far more interesting in MGS2.

SMZC

Red Blaster said:
Raiden in MGS4 was the most egregious example of Kojima catering to idiot fans. He was far more interesting in MGS2.

This.

I don't give a fuck about this game, Raiden's character was ruined in MGS4 and this game looks like it will ruin him even more. Regardles, I'll still buy this Metal Gear Solid Rising, as the bitch that I am.

Dever said:
Snake is far cooler than Raiden imo

It's a pretty damned safe bet that we'll be seeing Snake in this game. They'll probably make him the new Big Boss or something ridiculous like that and then devote 8 hours of cut scenes retconning and trying to explain why Snake is Big Boss. Nonetheless, I am still excited for this game.

RpgN

WickedLaharl said:
but kojima is a sony fanboy. this wasn't supposed to happen!

You're streching this, everyone expected a new MGS would be multi :lol

I'm glad they're focusing on Raiden this time.

jonah777

SMZC said:
This.

I don't give a fuck about this game, Raiden's character was ruined in MGS4 and this game looks like it will ruin him even more. Regardles, I'll still buy this Metal Gear Solid Rising, as the bitch that I am.

lol... at least you're honest.

seat

fortified_concept said:
Raiden is staring and it says in the title "Lightning Bolt Action" instead of "Tactical Espionage something". I think it's a pretty safe bet.
If so this is going to disappoint a lot of 360 owners. With "Metal Gear Solid" in the title they'll expect a stealth/shooter, not yet another dumbass hack'em-slash'em game. I expect it'll be a hybrid of sorts.

WOW, you can see chaos everywhere because of this. The internetz just became a fanboy warzone because of this.

What i find funny is that NeoGAF is the carnival of stupid for like 360 days of the year, but those 5 days around E3 it is the only safe place to be.

dorkimoe

its not exclusive. it was shown after the exclusive stuff

360 fanboy here, not ps3 one so im not just trying to flame

DSK123

Neo Member
At some point Microsoft said that all games shown for the rest of the conference would be Xbox Exclusive. MGS came after that.

Steroyd

SMZC said:
This.

Character... ruined... in MGS4?

He was a whiny little bitch who needed his hand holded in MGS2.

Thrakier

Is it not like Halo Reach coming to PS3? Sony would have a big name but no one really cared? PS3 owners still get the game and 360 owners (if they have no connection to the MGS universe obviously) don't care much about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom