• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home to check out the news. It sounds pretty much like people expected. Raiden stars in a new MG game that will make it to 360, and so far mgs4 stays on ps3. I can only imagine this new game will make it to ps3; if the new game were exclusive, MS would have said so before even telling us the name of the game.

Kastro

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
And that was bad...How?

Predictable and silly.

Oh forget all the character development from MGS2 we know an easier way to get people to like him.. just give him a cyborg outfit and do cool things with a sword.

Kojima sold his soul.. he even stated Raiden was his favorite character from MGS2.

SMZC

Steroyd said:
It's like I'm reading this sentence in reverse.

What was cringe worthy about MGS2's Raiden, exactly? That he wasn't a badass like Solid Snake? That he was actually protrayed as a character with visible human traits instead of the estereotypical, shit, emo kind of character that he was turned into in MGS4?

exclusivity not mentioned means there is none.....this will be ps3/360

can't wait to play with Raiden....fall 2010 (hopefully?)

MoogPaul said:
really? out of everything in MGS4, Raiden was the idiot fan service? wow.

Going the easy way out and turning him into a reincarnation of Gray Fox to appease the numbskulls who called him a fag in MGS2 was one of the worst things about MGS4.

I really hope we can an official word on if this is exclusive or multiplatform REAL SOON.

Although I don't know why I want to know so bad, it it's multiplatform i'm buying it for both systems anyway. *shruggs*

Kastro said:
The teaser never says anything about Raiden.

Remember for MGS3 Kojima only ever said the main character was "Snake"

And the title was Metal Gear Solid despite not featuring Solid Snake.

The carnival never ends.

Kastro said:
Predictable and silly.

Oh forget all the character development from MGS2 we know an easier way to get people to like him.. just give him a cyborg outfit and do cool things with a sword.

Kojima sold his soul.. he even stated Raiden was his favorite character from MGS2.
I thought he said that Raiden wasn't even a character until someone bitched at him that snake was too old to be the star.

I, for one, eagerly await the scene in "MGS: Rising" in which Otocon angrily tells Raiden to swap discs because of memory limitations!

Then, the camera pans to the graveyard at the end of MGS4. The somber MGS theme plays in the background as the camera slowly zooms in on a tombstone which reads: "here lies Hideo Kojima's integrity."

Even getting a real MG game is as much of a megaton for MS as getting a late-to-the-party MGS4 would be.

That is, not a real megaton at all. Only real exclusives should be considered a megaton from a hardware vendor.

The Wise Old Man said:
I, for one, eagerly await the scene in "MGS: Rising" in which Otocon angrily tells Raiden to swap discs because of memory limitations!

That was a nod to the original MGS1, you had to change discs at that very same point.

Snipes424

traynuvthawt said:
I really hope we can an official word on if this is exclusive or multiplatform REAL SOON.

Although I don't know why I want to know so bad, it it's multiplatform i'm buying it for both systems anyway. *shruggs*

Don't you think that if it were exclusive that the Microsoft guy would of said so? I mean it doesn't make much sense to me, they want MGS Rising on the 360 so more people can buy the game, why would they cut out all the PS3 owners?

Furoba said:
Could be a XBL game. If it were a full game it would have gotten much more attention IMHO.
It appears to be a last minute announcement, but mostly it's not a huge deal because he didn't say it was exclusive.

SkySonata

Banned
Kastro said:
Nope.. he was the embodiment of fanservice.

They threw his MGS2 persona aside for a Gray Fox clone.

If that were true Raiden would have had a fantastic and memorable exit. In fact, there are far too many reasons why he isn't some mantra of Gray Fox's shadow. Go back to the scene where
Raiden talks to Snake about being free, etc.
Fox wanted to be free through death. Raiden's obviously much different, as far away (in seeking freedom ) from Fox as possible.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
DarkUSS said:
Any official confirmation that MGS Rising is coming out on PS3 as well?
O w/out a doubt. If it was exclusive you could be your ass off that MS would be all over that shit when Kojima was on stage. Multiplatform for sure.

Ashour

Thank you Kojima for making a new games for someone who owns PS360 I don't want to play MGS4, even though it's not a stealth game I have faith in the mighty Kojima.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
DarkUSS said:
Any official confirmation that MGS Rising is coming out on PS3 as well?

Microstofts PR statement has it listed with the multiplatform games and not the exclusive ones. It is also featured in famitsu PS3 + PSP.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
k1aq12.jpg

http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/statuses/1995625383

StuBurns

Banned
Nice move I think, I never expected MGS4 to go multiplatform, this is nice middle ground.
Raiden in MGO plays like a turd though, hope it's nothing like that.

uh yes, I was familiar with that. I was just being silly and whatnot.

Everybody knows that Kojima will just mess with us Xbox 360 owners and give our consoles the RROD during the Psycho Mantis boss fight...

Snipes424

The Wise Old Man said:
uh yes, I was familiar with that. I was just being silly and whatnot.

Everybody knows that Kojima will just mess with us Xbox 360 owners and give our consoles the RROD during the Psycho Mantis boss fight...

lol, now that shit would be funny.

The amount of money for MS to get an exclusive MGS game would be HUGE and stupid. Maybe not on the scale of a Sony paying to get an exclusive CoD or Gears game, but still so much that it would make zero sense.

MMaRsu

Banned
Will people stop calling this a spin off? It's the next Metal Gear game, as in, the follow up to Metal Gear Solid 4.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
stuburns said:
Nice move I think, I never expected MGS4 to go multiplatform, this is nice middle ground.
Raiden in MGO plays like a turd though, hope it's nothing like that.

raiden on mgo is unstoppable. but im sure a full game centered around him would be something more like zoe

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
MMaRsu said:
Will people stop calling this a spin off? It's the next Metal Gear game, as in, the follow up to Metal Gear Solid 4.

We don't know that. If i was a betting man, i'd say it's the gap between MGS2 and MGS4.

From the press release
"the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360®. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, "

:lol :lol

Kowak

Banned
MMaRsu said:

surely the logo would have a 5 next to it like all the other games.

I bet this is DLC or something

jett

D-Member
The Wise Old Man said:

I hope this multiplatorm business doesn't mean they're cutting back on the game. PS3/BD lead platform plz.

MMaRsu said:

No "5" in the title. "Explosive Bolt Action" instead of "Tactical Espionage Action" which mean no MGS gameplay. I seriously doubt it. And by seriously doubt it I mean I'm pretty certain it's a spinoff.

So the talking point is, "Oh, I thought you guys were getting MGS4? What happened to that? Oh, Metal Gear Solid: Rising? Raiden? Well that'll be nice for you."

I mean I was going to go with, "MGS was never an exclusive franchise, remember MGS: Subsistence, or Twin Snakes?", but that works too.

MMaRsu

Banned
Didnt Kojima close the 'Snake' chapter with MGS4? I haven't played it but I hear everywhere that the story of Snake is done.

I would say this is just the next Metal Gear franchise..

Where do people get the balls to say they are 100% sure that this isn't the next big thing for Kojima, but that we'll see a Metal Gear Solid 5?

Kowak said:
surely the logo would have a 5 next to it like all the other games.

I bet this is DLC or something
They made it pretty clear this was a full game release at the MS press conference. It probably plays differently from the other MGS games so Kojima didn't feel comfortable slapping a "5" after it. It's probably going to be a departure from the series gameplay wise.

MMaRsu said:
The references to Sunny make it pretty clear we will be playing out some of what Raiden did before MGS4. Spinoff Confirmed.

Metal Gear Spinoff Raiden

MArk it down in pen. done

Edit: I don't think that's worth anything. Geoff Asked and got no answer. If it were exclusive, MS would have said so at least 5-6 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom