• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Kowak said:
well i have been a hardcore mgs fan since mgs1 and i didnt realise it. i bet everyone who has seen that title, including yourself, thought it was to do with the characters name as opposed to symbolise 3D.
Then you'd be wrong. I've said it on this forum a number of times if you really wish to check.

And no, I would say plenty of MGS fans are well aware of it's meaning.

Danielsan

Heh IGN 360
Metal Gear Triology anyone? :lol

If the game was 360 exclusive they would have said so during the conference. Then it would have gone from 'predictable but cool' to 'megaton'.

depward

I like how on the 360 IGN page where it says it's an exclusive, they have "Also Available On: Playstation 3" in the right top box :lol

Forsete said:
Its not exclusive.. They would have pounded that message in if it were.
THIS.
MircoSoft somehow doesn't mention at all that it's exclusive, but tips the biggest piece of info to IGN? MAybe it is exclusive, but I'll belive Geoff years before IGN.

IMO MGA is a spinoff because it doens't follow the MGS story at all. If this game takes place in Raiden's past, but it's all within MGS cannon, then it's not a spinoff...it's whatever MGS3 was.

stuburns said:
Then you'd be wrong. I've said it on this forum a number of times if you really wish to check.

So you genuinely think it has nothing to do with Snake's codename?

Wow if this exclusive...pretty stupid move if true considering their engine was built on ps3...perhaps it runs on a modified SH engine haha...nah jokes aside, even I would be a tiny bit pissed about this... Nothing will make me buy another system though...I need to cut back on all thing gaming anway (actually just checking this place ...)

Forsete said:
Its not exclusive.. They would have pounded that message in if it were.

They did, but apparently no one was listening.

He stopped, said something along the lines of "Everything after this point is exclusive..." then showed a bunch of games including the new MGS.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This is so not exclusive..unless IGN can back this up some more.

No mention of exclusive on the stage, wouldn't confirm it as an exclusive to Keighly, in the non-exclusive section of MS's PR, no mention of exclusive from Konami..but IGN says it is?

BeeDog

:lol At the jumping back and forth. Just make a 100% affirmaton confirmation of the status of this game goshdarnit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gofreak said:

No mention of exclusive on the stage, wouldn't confirm it as an exclusive to Keighly, in the non-exclusive section of MS's PR, no mention of exclusive from Konami..but IGN says it is?
IM STILL WAITING FOR MGS TRILOGY IGN!

BeeDog said:
:lol At the jumping back and forth. Just make a 100% affirmaton confirmation of the status of this game goshdarnit.

Seriously...we need to know what our stance on the quality of the game is.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising confirmed 360 EXCLUSIVE

I still don't believe. This would the ultra uber betralyaton, but I doubt it. Which mod changed the title and based on what?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
did they mention anything about it being a stealth game? i dont recall, sorry if talked about i keep getting 500

Amir0x

Banned
I go by PR and IGN's apparent latest confirmation, will change if IGN is wrong.

Still if true: Jesus christ Sony can't hold any franchise down.

MoeB

They didn't have to say it was exclusive dude.
There was a point when they said:
EVERY GAME MENTIONED PAST THIS POINT IS XBOX EXCLUSIVE.
Was I the only one listening?

Cartman86

Banned
I will not be surprised if tomorrow Kojima comes on Sony's stage and reveals another game. One that he himself is working on. Could be Metal Gear could be something else. We will see though. I am confused though as to why no one from Microsoft said it was exclusive.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yeah, I saw MS' press release. Not multi-plat in there, and in Konami it doesn't say exclusive, so I'm willing to bet that IGN got some wrong information.

:lol Of course I will trust IGN and their amazing journalistc integrity. I expect to see more of MGS:R at the Sony conference tomorrow. Let's not make mountains out of mole holes shall we?

nubbe

When did Raiden become one of the most popular characters?
I hated that I had to play him in MGS2 which made me never play MGS3 & 4

gofreak said:

Pretty much. Occam's Razor leads anyone with half a brain to conclude that IGN is full of shit on this one.

fortified_concept said:
:lol @ the thread title change. Battle of the mods, a joke or a trap? Either way I'm out.
They are tinning out the E# heard so the servers run better.
I'm hoping it's a MOD fight. The question is, who had that title pre-typed in and was waiting to push the button?

StuBurns

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
So you genuinely think it has nothing to do with Snake's codename?
MG1 = Solid Snake, no solid in the title, in 2D
MG2 = Same
MGS1 = Solid Snake, and in 3D
MG:GB = Solid Snake, back in 2D, and dropped the Solid
MGS2 = Raiden is the main character, and in 3D
MGS3 = SS is not even in the game, and a solid 3D game
MGSPO = SS is not in the game again, also 'solid'
MGS4 = SS and 3D

Basically, yeah, I think it means 3D like Kojima said.

I was stoked about a multiplatform release, but exclusive? Thats really dumb. People bitched about the small amount of extra content in NG2 for PS3 but talk about ditching an entire fanbase. Seems really weird.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Cartman86 said:
I will not be surprised if tomorrow Kojima comes on Sony's stage and reveals another game. One that he himself is working on. Could be Metal Gear could be something else. We will see though. I am confused though as to why no one from Microsoft said it was exclusive.

ZOE 3!
Make it so.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
MoeB said:
They didn't have to say it was exclusive dude.
There was a point when they said:
EVERY GAME MENTIONED PAST THIS POINT IS XBOX EXCLUSIVE.
Was I the only one listening?

This.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
depward said:
I like how on the 360 IGN page where it says it's an exclusive, they have "Also Available On: Playstation 3" in the right top box :lol
screencapped for :lol

ao71ir.png

Kowak

Banned
stuburns said:

so first time you saw the title you though solid=3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom