• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Has anyone referred to Rising as "Ninja Gaiden Raiden" yet? If not, there ya go. Assuming that's what it is.

StuBurns

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Didnt Kojima close the 'Snake' chapter with MGS4? I haven't played it but I hear everywhere that the story of Snake is done.

I would say this is just the next Metal Gear franchise..
He said that after MGS2 too. He was wrong then.

There is no reason to think this is the next 'real' MGS game. It could be, but I doubt it. Because it'd be called MGS5 or something.

EDIT: Exclusive, megaton.

Erebus

BobTheFork said:
The references to Sunny make it pretty clear we will be playing out some of what Raiden did before MGS4. Spinoff Confirmed.

Metal Gear Spinoff Raiden

MArk it down in pen. done

Edit: I don't think that's worth anything. Geoff Asked and got no answer. If it were exclusive, MS would have said so at least 5-6 times.

This sounds more of prequel to me rather than spin-off.

Jim said:
Has anyone referred to Rising as "Ninja Gaiden Raiden" yet? If not, there ya go. Assuming that's what it is.
Raiden Gaiden is much better.

Edit: ^^^ yeah I know, I was having fun with him : )
I think it will be some pre and some post MGS4 action.

vazel

Banned
DarkUSS said:
This sounds more of prequel to me rather than spin-off.
It holds the same legitimacy as Portable Ops. It fills in more of the story but isn't one of the main entries.

LiK

Jim said:

yes, i think i've stated that before. great minds...

Kowak

Banned
DevilWillcry said:
They made it pretty clear this was a full game release at the MS press conference. It probably plays differently from the other MGS games so Kojima didn't feel comfortable slapping a "5" after it. It's probably going to be a departure from the series gameplay wise.

then surely you change it from metal gear solid to metal gear raiden. i hope this isnt all out action, but have faith in kojima.

Banned
jett said:
I hope this multiplatorm business doesn't mean they're cutting back on the game. PS3/BD lead platform plz.

Me too. I hope they lead with 360 for it`s better memory management and video card.

:D

Kowak said:
then surely you change it from metal gear solid to metal gear raiden. i hope this isnt all out action, but have faith in kojima.

Metal Gear Solid is nothing to do with Solid Snake...

It's to do with the series venture into 3D

Kowak

Banned
Orlics said:
You better be kidding because that pic was taken at least two full years ago.

then he could foresee this happening and has looked miserable for the last two years, imo

WrikaWrek

Banned
True megaton. Sad i missed it.

2 years in a row for MS. Still waiting to watch the conference, seems like no site has it ready to watch yet, seriously stupid.

Jim

LiK said:
yes, i think i've stated that before. great minds...

I blame lack of search.

Also, here's the Press Release that was sent out right after the conference which I didn't see in the thread yet (again, no search).

KONAMI ANNOUNCES THE FIRST METAL GEAR SOLID® TITLE FOR THE XBOX 360® METAL GEAR SOLID®: RISING

Raiden Stars in the First Metal Gear Solid Game to Hit the Xbox 360®

El Segundo, Calif. - June 1, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360®. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: http://www.konami.com.

LiK

side story, main sequel, spin-off...who cares. it's another MGS story and it might be more action because of Raiden Gaiden so i'm excited. you guys wanted more MGS, didn't you?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
BigFwoosh said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet (lol 500s), but this pic is on The Kojipro site:

the_report_e30901.jpg

There we go.

I am aroused

Kowak

Banned
Dabookerman said:
Metal Gear Solid is nothing to do with Solid Snake...

It's to do with the series venture into 3D

I had always thought it was because of snake, thats rather weak then.

esbern

LiK said:
side story, main sequel, spin-off...who cares. it's another MGS story and it might be more action because of Raiden Gaiden so i'm excited. you guys wanted more MGS, didn't you?

yeah but not with a character thats more suited for a gymnastics team than being a spy

Orlics

LiK said:
Well, Kojima himself called it the "next MGS" in GDC. So that's all we can really describe it as.

esbern said:
yeah but not with a character thats more suited for a gymnastics team than being a spy

Wouldn't that make him a better spy?

jvalioli

MMaRsu said:
Didnt Kojima close the 'Snake' chapter with MGS4? I haven't played it but I hear everywhere that the story of Snake is done.

I would say this is just the next Metal Gear franchise..

Where do people get the balls to say they are 100% sure that this isn't the next big thing for Kojima, but that we'll see a Metal Gear Solid 5?
If it were the next Metal Gear franchise I doubt it would be named Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

Burai

shitonmychest57
The damage control from the PS3 fans is admirable.

"It's not got a number at the end, therefore it's not a real MGS game."

I await the 180 on this stance over the next couple of days when the PS3 version is confirmed. :lol

Jim said:
I blame lack of search.

Also, here's the Press Release that was sent out right after the conference which I didn't see in the thread yet (again, no search).

hmm....PR makes no mention of a PS3 version. I'd be super-shocked if it didn't have one, but still

LiK

esbern said:

:lol well, i think maybe it's because people wanted to play as him from the MGS4 cutscenes.

Orlics said:
Well, Kojima himself called it the "next MGS" in GDC. So that's all we can really describe it as.

Wouldn't that make him a better spy?

yea, this won't be all balls out action. i'm hoping for Tenchu-style except without teh suck.

Facism

alr1ghtstart said:
I'd be willing to bet on IGN's great journalistic integrity on their exclusive news...

it'd be silly, wouldn't it? Miss out on sales for the millions or so who bought MGS4 on PS3. I don't think there's a moneyhat big enough? (yes i know MS has deeeeep pockets :p)

Kevtones

Does Metal Gear really matter that much anymore?

Interesting tech MS, I'll wait for a hands-on before I commit either way. The possibilities are cool but I'm skeptical that it will be as good as advertised.

Tony Hawk is dead before it hits retail.

Not enough games, MS.

Burai said:

I await the 180 on this stance over the next couple of days when the PS3 version is confirmed. :lol
are you joking or being stupid, it's hard to tell. NO ONE said it's not a real MGS game. There is debate as to whether it's a prequel, a spinoff (different story), or something that comes after #4. How would it not be a MG game??? Metag Gear Acid is still a MG game, but it's a spinoff.

Kowak

Banned
stuburns said:
How is it weak? It's far more interesting than naming it after the occasional protagonist.

well i have been a hardcore mgs fan since mgs1 and i didnt realise it. i bet everyone who has seen that title, including yourself, thought it was to do with the characters name as opposed to symbolise 3D.

Burai said:

A spinoff is a spinoff no matter where it is so the console is not a factor. The game is most probably not even in the same genre MGS main games are. The hostility is unnecessary.

StuBurns

Banned
Forsete said:
Its not exclusive.. They would have pounded that message in if it were.
Maybe, maybe things aren't finalized yet.
I'd be surprised if it is exclusive, but it could be.

This isn't the only game from Koji-Pro in development.

WrikaWrek

Banned
When GTAIV was announced at the MS conference, the PR statement included the PS3 version.

Why would Konami do it differently?

Orlics

fortified_concept said:
A spinoff is a spinoff no matter where it is. The game is most probably not even in the same genre MGS main games are. The hostility is unnecessary.

i don't even see what's being argued

Kojima called it the "next MGS" when he talked about the MGS franchise in GDC

how does that make it a spinoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom