• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

Jb

I think theyll want to show it off at one of the conferences first. GTTV is probably just going to be more weak justification for ditching Hayter.

And it's probably gonna be MS. I just hope it's not XB1 exclusive, I hate 3rd party exclusives.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
And it's probably gonna be MS. I just hope it's not XB1 exclusive, I hate 3rd party exclusives.
Konami would never let it be exclusive on XBO. MGS2, the HD Collection, and Rising all sold very poorly on Xbox systems versus Playstation systems. If he's at the MS conference it'll just be to reiterate multiplatform development.

Salaadin

#warchest

Seriously though, why would Konami ever make it exclusive to XBone? They WANT the game to sell in Japan, right?

I can see a US exclusivity deal or something like that but thats even stretching it considering the games popularity on PS consoles. My thoughts are that if it goes full exclusive one way, Id bet that way is Sony. If MS gets anything, its going to be multi platform.

Im really thinking that its going to be 360/PS3/PS4 limited with a XBO and PC version later.

Can someone explain to me how Snake is 49 years old in 1984?

According to wiki (shaky source, I know), he was born in 1935 so that lines up. Apparently a quote in PW confirms it but the source they give is out of context.

Ein Bear

You just blew his mind.

X0dh71G.jpg

Erigu

According to wiki (shaky source, I know), he was born in 1935 so that lines up. Apparently a quote in PW confirms it but the source they give is out of context.
In Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (1974), he's said to be the same age as Che Guevara when he died (i.e. 39). That would indeed mean he was born in 1934 or 1935.

(And Solid Snake was born in 1972.)

Ok fair enough, it's not the Solid Snake of MGS and MGS2 then.

Correct, MGS1 MGS2 and MGS4 take place in the 2000's and star Solid Snake.

MG3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker and MGS5 span the 60's-80's and star his father, Naked Snake (who is awarded the title Big Boss, and is called Snake and BB more or less interchangeably thereafter).

Why would M$ or Sony show a trailer for MGS V in their conferences? Oh boy, this is so weird, I can't see them spending time on the PS3 and 360.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why would M$ or Sony show a trailer for MGS V in their conferences? Oh boy, this is so weird, I can't see them spending time on the PS3 and 360.

The game is almost certainly crossgen. The scalability of the Fox Engine has been one of Kojima's talking points. I feel pretty good about this being at the Sony conference.

duckroll

Trailer is coming out next Wednesday (japan time).

https://twitter.com/kojima_pro/status/342745207512629248

So it's not going to show up at a press conference.

I don't think that the website update excludes it showing up at a conference. That's just when they're confirming their own official update of direct feed material. At this point, I think if they're showing up at either of the conferences, they probably want to keep it a surprise, so they won't be announcing it in advance.

jett

D-Member
Pretty sure I remember MGS4's trailer debuting before a conference then still showing up there (I think it was extended but can't remember).

Yeah it was a 3-minute edit of 15-minute monstrosity. Now that I think about it, there's no way either company will give the full time required to a MGS Trailer. :p

It's a series of tweets about the theme of racial warfare in MGSV. For some reason our friend here decided to just post one out of context one.
Thanks,for a moment I thought he was venting anger that he has about next gen consoles.
I just looked and depending on what evening is for him, the trailer should be up between 8 and 12 UK time.

RavenH2

I've been thinking... in the first trailer we saw, the one titled "The Phamton Pain", we clearly heard Ismael saying "On your feet soldier" when he picks up BB...

So... Keifer is both BB and Ismael, and that corroborates that Ismael is a part of his mind?

Are they different characters and there's a chance Hayter will be back?

Thoughts?

Man im so unhyped for this.
From the voice situation to the stupid looking horn thing.

Sad to because Metal Gear is my favorite series and MG2:SS, MGS1
are my #1 & 2 games of all time.

Top Bottom