• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Gamescom Gameplay Demo

Yeah, this is a massive, massive evolution of Peace Walker. It's incredible what they've done with it by taking a core idea and expanding on it.

Bossman

FOB mode sounds great. My only worry is that being the attacker will be too difficult if the defender is online because the defender has multiple respawns + all those AI buddies with him.

DrBo42

There was something at the end about how FOBs expose you to the world and some will be enemies while others can be allies? Is there some sort of trading system going on in FOBs? Maybe they just meant calling people to help the defense of yours.

Salbug

Another 30 minutes of MGSV gameplay!? Oh lawdy I don't know how much more I can take!

giphy.gif

Man, you will be able to waste hours just screwing around at Mother Base.

0fzmd6n.gif

OMFG You can have a puppy!?

DieH@rd

Banned
wkdurqvjpq.gif

[heavy aliasing is there because of the gif creation process I used :-/]

So how do you shoot down the wormhole?

You can't. That is the whole point of it. It guarantees an extraction.

FOB mode sounds great. My only worry is that being the attacker will be too difficult if the defender is online because the defender has multiple respawns + all those AI buddies with him.

I think that defending should be easier.

Oni3298

Honestly though, if you're stealing resources and shit from the defender, then it SHOULD be difficult. Otherwise most defenders are gonna hate their lives.

Risev1

haha warmholes, teleportation prosthetics, the game is even more futuristic than MGS4, even though it takes place 30 years earlier.

And I love it

Also, that scene with Snake and flies all around him is just hilarious. This game will probably have so many optional moments like this, and they're all brilliant.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This looks fucking amazing wtf

And the music selection LOL

Final Countdown
Take on Me
Kids in America
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Maneater

A-V-B

It is the same thing here except, there will be pay to speed up services unfortunately. You obviously don't have to pay though.

No. You never have to pay, do you? It just gives them the room to make doing anything else torturous.

God, I really thought Kojima was beyond this.

Erban1

With the customization and options at play the FOB system looks amazing, and is easily the deepest invasion system in any game.

Co op defense sounds awesome, and the possibilities long term are going to be amazing. Once a FOB becomes big enough I could see stealthily infiltrating a base taking quite a bit of time. I can't wait to put together an impenetrable fortress full of devious traps and air-tight security.

This just might be the best $60 I ever spend.

I don't like being able to use different soldiers during missions. Is this game even going to have cutscenes? There's too much gameplay in this Metal Gear.

DieH@rd

Banned
This FOB PvP is intense. Maybe too intense for me, but I'll try it out.

That attacking player was very good, he had great gear and knew how to create effective traps.

I don't like being able to use different soldiers during missions. Is this game even going to have cutscenes? There's too much gameplay in this Metal Gear.
They can't be sent to campaign SP missions.

Alienous

The FOB combat seems more like Metal Gear Solid multiplayer than any of the MGOs.

You're pretty much creating and modifying a MGS2 Big Shell map for to try to beat another player and stifle their infiltration.

Man that FOB stuff looks like what watch dogs invasions should have been.

Also that soundtrack....this is pretty much ticking all my (cardboard)boxes.

Looks like a complete grindfest - maybe even worse than Peace Walker.

I hope all this can be automated and completely ignored in favor of a focused story.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm seriously just blown away at the level of detail and the kind of gameplay involved in the Mother Base aspects. Morale, relationships with others, the FOB combat and general usage/gameplay, the scale of the map, from showers to cargo transportation to posters, and falling hazards caused by construction.

Just so MUCH to do man, I don't know why the Bootcamp players ignored Mother Base so much during their playthroughs. This is an extremely critical aspect of the game!

zkorejo

It has Joy division.

IT HAS JOY DIVISION, I REPEAT.

(I know Kojima loves the band)

Plus it was Boss' codename.

This has really hyped me up.

I might spend more time invading FOB's and defending mine instead of playing MGO (even after it releases).

A-V-B

Looks like a complete grindfest - maybe even worse than Peace Walker.

I hope all this can be automated and completely ignored in favor of a focused story.

That French review claimed otherwise, didn't it? You have to grind, or you'll be left in the dust and unable to complete story mode.

No. You never have to pay, do you? It just gives them the room to make doing anything else torturous.

No. My point is that it's the same thing as Peace Walker except that didn't have the option to pay and speed things up so you had to wait when you wanted to build things whether you wanted or not. In MGS5 there is going to be an option to speed it up by paying of course which is a shame but Konami is gonna Konami.

EDIT: I'm certain that this was Konami's decision and not Kojima. I'm sure if Kojima thought like that then they wouldn't have fired his ass.

Top Bottom