• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

I think the reason reason that Quiet is semi-nude is because her skin can act as camouflage. There is a camouflage like pattern on her face that suddenly disappears as she looks into the camera at 6:35 into the new trailer.

That.. makes a tonne of sense if her skin is octocamo-like. Something crazy, just like The End being able to use photosynthesis. Looks like we're getting back to zany MGS bosses.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sweet dreams, GAF!

hyfAA3I.jpg

Izick

I thought she was partially nude was due to the hot environment, and being out (likely in an open area with the sun blazing down) all day, waiting for a target. The changing camo stuff makes sense though. I still just think it's just metaphorical.

Man this is really feeling like the series wrapping up.

MGS 4 did as well, but way more so.

I expect taking over bases or areas will be easier than before, I mean you can get in and command a tank/APC. Saving Kaz by taking a tank and driving it across the desert destroying anything in your way will be amazing. Controlling a Metal Gear and speeding across a desert or any landscape would be mindblowing.

I also expect weapon customization for your own arsenal. I'd probably rock a silenced AK and Colt 1911.

Silencer? HAH! Nope. If the AK's gonna shred people up sounding like that, I want everyone to know I'm coming.

Metal Gear Solid V: Not-So-Tactical Rambo Operations

looks like old man bad guy from mgs3 reanimated(name is escaping me)

Looks like Scorpion + Robocop + headphones

Sn4ke_911

Kojima's twitter

Photo with JAMIE CHRISTOPHERSON and his wife. He's a composer of MG Rising.

BMhTy_BCcAEJ-HV.jpg:large

Sn4ke_911

You're thinking of The End.

1_end.jpg

I thought that as well. One of Snake's past demons come to visit?

Dude no. Watch the trailer again, those fuckers are fast as hell, definitly not The End.

The End is maybe Code Talker?

SamuraiX-

This trailer perfectly exemplifies Kojima's statements a year or two ago about Project Ogre (a.k.a. MGS V The Phantom Pain) examining themes that are absolutely taboo.

:O

.Anema

Will buy this for my PS4, god, the graphics are AWESOME!

This moment is really awesome BTW, i'm dreaming about the tactical posibilities and the mission settings
i7BrFPwHjyO08.gif

Can't fucking wait!!!!!!

Grief.exe

This moment is really awesome BTW, i'm dreaming about the tactical posibilities and the mission settings
i7BrFPwHjyO08.gif

Can't fucking wait!!!!!!

How many times have we wanted to do this in a stealth game?

You see a guard come around the corner, but there is no way to react quick enough. Your character is just too slow and you end up having to quick load.

MormaPope

Banned
Imagine that desert area being a map for multiplayer. Open world Metal Gear online with vehicles and really huge maps?

Bejesus.

Izick

Dude no. Watch the trailer again, those fuckers are fast as hell, definitly not The End.

He's not really alive though.

We still don't even know what's real and what's in Snake's psyche. Snake using past victims to design the demons in his mind maybe.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How many times have we wanted to do this in a stealth game?

You see a guard come around the corner, but there is no way to react quick enough. Your character is just too slow and you end up having to quick load.

Too right. So excited for this.

Izick

I want to see more innovation in movement mechanics like I saw in MGS V and Titanfall yesterday. Those seem to be two games that employ smart additions to the usual, basic control we have over a character.

So this is essentially a MG1 prequel, right? Finally?

Not enough info to know for sure yet, but there's still a good bit of time between the two.

The events of Metal Gear occur in 1995, while MGSV takes place in 1984.

RangerBAD

i7BrFPwHjyO08.gif

Can't fucking wait!!!!!!

Those guards should be able to hear someone dropping to the ground and gun hitting rocks and the like. :p I just really hope the AI is fun and not missing saddled horses passing by.

MormaPope

Banned
"A Wise man denied his homeland"

Code Talker could be related to Psycho Mantis. Synopsis of Mantis's childhood:

Psycho Mantis was born in a small Russian village before the collapse of the Soviet Union. His mother died giving birth to him, which made his father resent and hate him. He discovered his powers and his father's true emotions one day while accidentally reading his mind. He wondered if his father would kill him, and the shock of this revelation awoke his subconscious. He used his telekinetic powers to burn down the village that he lived in, killing all residents. This release of psychic energy caused severe burns across his body, particularly his face.

Code Talker being Mantis's grandfather would be neat, he would be one of the only surivors from Mantis's rage. The energy Mantis used could've altered Code Talker's mind so he also has mind powers.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
More than the graphics, and the themes, the actual gameplay (as cheekily teased as it is) excites me more than anything else, as it seems like an actual realised vision of what KojiPro originally talked up MGS4 to be. Open, dynamic battlefields with terrain and interior stealth, no real limitations on how you approach your targets. Taking the base MGS3 formula to the next level, as it should have been.

Pretty excited, but hoping the expected PC port gets confirmed soon :/. I won't be buying this on my PS3 knowing there's a proper next gen build. But I won't be getting an Xbone or PS4 for quite some time. KojiPro did advertise for next gen and PC ports. The former is now confirmed. Hopefully the latter isn't far away.

Grief.exe

More than the graphics, and the themes, the actual gameplay (as cheekily teased as it is) excites me more than anything else, as it seems like an actual realised vision of what KojiPro originally talked up MGS4 to be. Open, dynamic battlefields with terrain and interior stealth, no real limitations on how you approach your targets. Taking the base MGS3 formula to the next level, as it should have been.

Pretty excited, but hoping the expected PC port gets confirmed soon :/. I won't be buying this on my PS3 knowing there's a proper next gen build. But I won't be getting an Xbone or PS4 for quite some time. KojiPro did advertise for next gen and PC ports. The former is now confirmed. Hopefully the latter isn't far away.

I wonder what they are waiting for.

It seems like a great deal of people in this thread are excited for a PC version. And I think, to a certain extent, we expected a PC announcement.

Izick

"A Wise man denied his homeland"

Code Talker could be related to Psycho Mantis. Synopsis of Mantis's childhood:

Code Talker being Mantis's grandfather would be neat, he would be one of the only surivors from Mantis's rage. The energy Mantis used could've altered Code Talker's mind so he also has mind powers.

He looks Native American. It fits with the idea of being "denied his homeland" as well.

kotor22

I'm really not trying to make the connection here but in MGS3 The End
could run really fast, a heck of a lot faster than snake anyways, I've never seen an old man move so quick I tell you what!

Well considering the news that Castlevania LoS and MGRising are coming to PC, I'm thinking there might be a PC version later on? But this is 1 of the biggest reasons why I'm getting PS4 by the end of this year

RK9039

Yes, and also a Konami rep said he couldn't confirm a PC release, so they seem to be hush-hush about it like they were with Rising.

Solo

Fuck your pride, Kojima - the MGS theme MUST return in this. License that shit. Hell, buy it if you have too. It's been 9 fucking years since it appeared in the series :_(

Izick

Wikipedia said:
Code talkers were people who used obscure languages as a means of secret communication during wartime. The term is now usually associated with the United States soldiers during the world wars who used their knowledge of Native-American languages as a basis to transmit coded messages. In particular there were approximately 400-500 Native Americans in the United States Marine Corps whose primary job was the transmission of secret tactical messages. Code talkers transmitted these messages over military telephone or radio communications nets using formal or informally developed codes built upon their native languages. Their service improved communications in terms of speed of encryption at both ends in front line operations during World War II.

220px-ChoctawCoders.jpg

Wikipedia (in reference to picture above) said:
Choctaws in training in World War I for coded radio and telephone transmissions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_talker

Imagine that desert area being a map for multiplayer. Open world Metal Gear online with vehicles and really huge maps?

Bejesus.

add a mode that has one player selected as a Metal Gear all the others need to defeat it.
player selects which one to be
Gekko->Zeke->TX-55 Metal Gear->Metal Gear D->REX->RAY

Top Bottom