• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

RK9039

Sorry but who said that? i'm on my phone.

#teamonegame

Kojima said that in Japanese, the translator said 'distributed and sold' in English. The translator is Sean Eyestone who is working on the game so it's not a mistranslation.

#teamhopingforonegamebutitdoesn'tseemlikeit'sgoingtobeonegame

Man, I really want a remake of the first two games.

solid_snake_vs_big_boss_mg2_by_solidsnake78902-d3gax2l.jpg

I'll admit, I'd rather have that than MGSV, but maybe I dunno what I'd be throwing this way with this. I'm just a little more cautious after GotP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima said that in Japanese, the translator said 'distributed and sold' in English. The translator is Sean Eyestone who is working on the game so it's not a mistranslation.

#teamhopingforonegamebutitdoesn'tseemlikeit'sgoingtobeonegame
Maybe they changed it? this interview is old.

Grief.exe

That trailer was intense. They really are pushing things.

Any update on release or that whole GZ / PP being two separate game things? Would be nice if Ground Zeros was out in 2013 if the full MGSV game isnt available till 2014.

And I bet a PC version will depend on how Lords of Shadows and MGR do.
And they should do good once they are good ports and on steam and not just on some shitty konami store.

Lords of Shadow has been confirmed Steamworks for a while, so we can guarantee that portion.

Music gave me chills, not sure what other people in the thread are on.

Song is titled 'Sins of the Father' which is perfect for the story.

Izick

Absolutely :lol

Hideo's vision or not, that theme *is* MGS.

I'd rather have it be the creator's vision instead of just what the fans want. If that were the case, then we'd never have gotten MGS 2.

I'm not saying he shouldn't listen to his fans at all, but it's his game to create.

I'll admit, I'd rather have that than MGSV, but maybe I dunno what I'd be throwing this way with this. I'm just a little more cautious after GotP.

I think this game is the necessary player punch to have Big Boss as a full set antagonist in a Metal Gear 1 remake. It would make the things more poignant.

Sn4ke_911

Also at the beginning when the soldier charges the shock sticks you can see those weird orange lines as we've seen in the GZ trailer.

What the hell is up with that? and FOX and XOF and two phantoms were born. (My guess is Solid and Liquid)

Goddamn, Kojima you magnificent bastard

Eli is 100% Liquid:
- Right age (Liquid would be 12)
- Right hair
- Wears his shirt unbuttoned
- "A youth who curses his fate" (Liquid hated Big Boss)
- Possible Jackal teeth on his necklace ("In the Middle East we don't hunt foxes, we hunt jackals")
- Looks like a smarmy git :p

When it looks and quacks like a duck in a Metal Gear trailer, it usually is. People were swearing up and down that the guy with the red scarf, red gloves, brown coat, cowboy boots and silver hair in the old Phantom Pain trailer couldn't possibly be Ocelot, and look how that turned out.

Sn4ke_911

It's not that old really. But maybe.
Someone ask them if it's one game and one game only before i kick a kitten.

looks like KP wants to answer that question but fails to find the right words lol.

Korezo

Yea... I don't think MGS is for me anymore. Was a huge fan of the MGS franchise but now the game is just ridiculous.

Kinyou

I'd rather have it be the creator's vision instead of just what the fans want. If that were the case, then we'd never have gotten MGS 2.

I'm not saying he shouldn't listen to his fans at all, but it's his game to create.
Does he not use it because of his vision? I thought it was because of those plagiarism accusations.

Izick

Compare him to Chico.

If you picked out two 12 year olds, you could probably find one that looks like he's in his late teens, and one that looks like he's 8. People look different, but I don't even think these two look a huge way apart anyway.

Does he not use it because of his vision? I thought it was because of those plagiarism accusations.

Could be that too. But it doesn't really matter either way though. If it's not in because it can't be in, then fine, and if it can't be in because it doesn't work with his vision, then fine.

RangerBAD

Well not everyone looks the same with 12.

Well, it could be Liquid and they just retcon some stuff in. He doesn't do anything military related until the SAS (18). Cipher was using him, along with Snake, as an insurance policy so that Big Boss couldn't go against them. I doubt they would be letting him go into battles where he could get killed.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yea... I don't think MGS is for me anymore. Was a huge fan of the MGS franchise but now the game is just ridiculous.

I mean, the second one had a fat guy on rollerskates, a vampire who ran on water, and the president of the US in a doctor octopus suit with two katanas.

In the third you fight a guy who grows bees in his stomach, a 100 year old sniper who uses photosynthesis, and the predator.

Don't need to mention 4.

I think the series has been pretty consistent in that regard.

RangerBAD

Kojima is not afraid of the retcon.

True enough, but I want to believe in Kojima! lol

I mean, the second one had a fat guy on rollerskates, a vampire who ran on water, and the president of the US in a doctor octopus suit with two katanas.

In the third you fight a guy who grows bees in his stomach, a 100 year old sniper who uses photosynthesis, and the predator.

Don't need to mention 4.

I think the series has been pretty consistent in that regard.

People packing it up over serious business.

When it looks and quacks like a duck in a Metal Gear trailer, it usually is. People were swearing up and down that the guy with the red scarf, red gloves, brown coat, cowboy boots and silver hair in the old Phantom Pain trailer couldn't possibly be Ocelot, and look how that turned out.

'but his face looks different!'
Ignores face has looked different in every game.

That 'first you'll have to rescue Kaz' dialogue is probably dubbed over from the part in Cyprus where Ocelot finds him. It doesn't make any sense if he's saying that in Afghanistan.

Kinyou

Could be that too. But it doesn't really matter either way though. If it's not in because it can't be in, then fine, and if it can't be in because it doesn't work with his vision, then fine.

I guess. MGS5 looks way less "MGS like" then GotP anyway so I probably won't miss it as much.

That is fucking Liquid. Liquid was already a full blown mercenary at that age so of course he is a little beefier.
I thought the clones had accelerated aging, basically skipping the child age?

SiteSeer

I had reservations but just from the few lines we heard, Sutherland is fucking owning this role.

sounds good, my thinking is kojima wanted a new voice for big boss so that when its time for the metal gear remake he'll have hayter return for snake.

how weird would if have been if big boss and young snake were the same voice actor? would sound like a guy talking to himself when young snake and big boss invariably meet.

Only Solidus had constant accelerated aging, AFAIK Liquid's aging was completely normal for his lifetime, as Solid's only kicked in and was brought up for the first time during MGS2.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
People packing it up over serious business.

You mean over the darker tone?

We can all the way back to the original to rape allusions.

Ocelot "had his fun" with Meryl after Snake and her are captured. I'm not saying it happened. I'm saying it might have.

Well I imagine you wouldn't skip being a child, you'd just go through it at a rapid rate.

Liquid has already had ties with the middle east before. It can't be Raiden because he was a child soldier in Liberia.

Only Solidus had constant accelerated aging, AFAIK Liquid's aging was completely normal for his lifetime, as Solid's only kicked in and was brought up for the first time during MGS2.

It's brought up first in MGS1.

Grey Fox: "You look terrible Snake."

Grief.exe

Well I imagine you wouldn't skip being a child, you'd just go through it at a rapid rate.

Liquid has already had ties with the middle east before. It can't be Raiden because he was a child soldier in Liberia.

And Raiden would be too young for this time period.

Top Bottom