• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

Erigu

PEACE WALKER 100% MEGA SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaz was working for Zero
With Zero might be more accurate. Business partner.

That Ground Zeroes trailer was running on a PC with PS3 specs. Please read watch Kojima's interviews. He clearly stated that. He has no reason to lie about it.
I can think of an extremely obvious one...

No, Ground Zeroes was always running on a high-end PC.
For the nth time, that's not what they said, and no, it wasn't a translation error.

I'm not seeing any statement from Konami about that, there.

The first Phantom Pain trailer was the one that was running on a PC spec'd at current gen.
Nope, the "current gen specs" statement regarded the Ground Zeroes demo.

Batzi

Banned
With Zero might be more accurate. Business partner.

I can think of an extremely obvious one...

For the nth time, that's not what they said, and no, it wasn't a translation error.

I'm not seeing any statement from Konami about that, there.

Nope, the "current gen specs" statement regarded the Ground Zeroes demo.
^ Thank you.

Gun Animal

We had our "Citizen Kane of gaming"

Is this "Apocalypse Now of gaming?"

I'm just kidding

So excited for this one. If they're building a weapon to "surpass" Metal Gear, I wonder how they're going to explain why the Metal Gears in the original Metal Gear games for the MSX are pieces of junk compared to things like Peace Walker and the AI machines.

"""moby dick of gaming"""

Batzi

Banned
i need that song, but i think it isn't released anywhere.

Because that's not a third party song. It is MGSV's soundtrack. Wait for the OST.

As for the graphics, look at this and please focus on Big Boss' hair for a minute..does that look next-gen to you?

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain_2013_06-11-13_025.jpg

nib95

Banned
Because that's not a third party song. It is MGSV's soundtrack. Wait for the OST.

As for the graphics, look at this and please focus on Big Boss' hair for a minute..does that look next-gen to you?

No next gen game has amazing hair though. Hair is a very difficult thing to do. Only decent take on hair I've seen any where is TressFX, and even then it's not perfect.

[picture]
Man, how hard would day-to-day things be with that lodged in your head? You wouldn't want to touch it, or put any pressure on it, you'd have to work around it shampooing your hair. Sleep must be a bitch trying to get comfortable and not bump that, and how could you sleep with the fear that you might just turn over and end up pushing it.

Really thought provoking stuff.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
How come people are are surprised about it being on ps4? I thought it was a given?

Because somehow, when a game is shown on one conference, people assume its an exclusive. MGS not coming to PS4 would hurt the game more than anything. It sells astronomically less on Xbox. Playstation is always a given.

Batzi

Banned
I'd definitely love to play this game when it comes out. I wonder if MGO will be paired with it.

I am sure the multiplayer portion of the game will be similar to PW's co-op which was badass! Kojima said that MGO3 was being developed by the LA studio but we don't know if it is going to be released as a stand alone game or with MGSV.

Joqu

Kojima is God! Kojima is God!
That was amazing! Will be buying the PS4 version. Twice if I have to!

Kiefer sounded pretty bad though. Not an improvement over Hayter at all imo.

Kiefer sounded pretty bad though. Not an improvement over Hayter at all imo.
I dunno, I'm usually resistant to change but I thought he was great for the few lines we've heard. Sounded like Hayter if he went for sounding like an actual person. Going back to watch some PW cutscenes and he way overdoes it.

Joqu

I dunno, I'm usually resistant to change but I thought he was great for the few lines we've heard. Sounded like Hayter if he went for sounding like an actual person. Going back to watch some PW cutscenes and he way overdoes it.
I don't know, he sounded off to me. But I guess I'll get used to it.

And I did dislike Hayter's work in MGS4 and PW, like most people I think. He'd be a fine voice actor with the right direction though. Oh well.

Kiefer sounded fantastic? Its like Hayter found a throat lozenge. Oh well, Hayters gonna hate.

Yep. I can't ever imagine the old Snake voice doing that emotional monologue at the end.

Hey, have the people who said they're boycotting the game because of Hayter seen this trailer? LOL.

I don't know, he sounded off to me. But I guess I'll get used to it.

And I did dislike Hayter's work in MGS4 and PW, like most people I think. He'd be a fine voice actor with the right direction though. Oh well.
Yeah, I wasn't the kind of person criticizing Hayter's work before or anything, and if he kept the role I'd be fine with that as well. I just warmed up to Kiefer's delivery really quickly, though I can understand being attached to the previous voice.

That song "Sins of the Father" is sick. I can't wait for a proper recording!

Also, I like the new Snake voice. It sounds very similar to David Hayter's but with a subtle nuance so you can guess that the actor is different - and I actually like that nuance! I can't explain why, I'm not even familiar with Kiefer Sutherland.

Edit:
Kiefer sounded fantastic? Its like Hayter found a throat lozenge. Oh well, Hayters gonna hate.
I agree.

Yep. I can't ever imagine the old Snake voice doing that emotional monologue at the end.

Hey, have the people who said they're boycotting the game because of Hayter seen this trailer? LOL.

I was at -100 when no Hayter was announced, im now at 50%.
I would actually be more hyped than I was for 4 if it wasn't for that.

SystemBug

Am I the only one that thinks that the trailers Kojima creates look kinda odd?

By odd I mean like bad. Not about the content found in them but the way they are edited. The text and what not.

Trike

It's a good trailer, but it no longer looks like Metal Gear. Hayter just cements that. Keifer is not an improvement.

Batzi

Banned
Well, sure, but the question someone should ask them is "are those two parts sold together / on the same disc?"

that's what we're still waiting to find out. I think the distribution method will be explained when they announce the release date. On a side note, Kojima recently said that MGS4 if released on 360 would have needed 7 DVDs. Since MGSV is obviously HUGE compared to MGS4, releasing the chapters together would probably require 10-12 DVDs on the 360 which is OMG?

games as movies aren't bad if kojima makes them. i think he's the only guy who manages to make cutscenes look like an actual big budget movie. neat camera angles, great cinematography, just overall great direction.

if AAA publishers want to keep making movies they should at least take some notes from kojima.. or pilfer some directorial talent from the movie business instead of being stuck in 1940s hollywood mode.

Ratrat

Am I the only one that thinks that the trailers Kojima creates look kinda odd?

By odd I mean like bad. Not about the content found in them but the way they are edited. The text and what not.
Yes. You are literally the only one. In the world.

Or god I hope so.

JWong

Banned
The trailer felt too much like a marketing trailer. That's very unlike Kojima.

All those stupid buzzwords that popped up was so unnecessary.

Batzi

Banned
I wonder if Kojima ever remakes MG1 & 2
Will he put all this open world and vehicle stuff in it.

well he said that he wasn't interested in doing remakes and that he would rather focus on creating new games. Now Kojima said many things in the past that turned out to be false since he never kept his word on them such as the famous "this will be my last MGS". He might change his mind regarding the remakes and I really hope he does them. And to answer your question yes, it will be open world for sure but of course it won't have mother base building and recruiting systems.

Top Bottom