• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

Listen to the new KP Alert episode, at around 29 minutes.

Still stopping juuuust short of saying "they're on the same disc", though. Like I said, I'm 99% positive you're right, but I just need to know why nobody at Konami will state it plainly. It's always "together they make up MGS5", and there's too much wiggle room in that statement for someone of Hideo Kojima's word-twisting abilities. This is the man who brought us Meme/Gene/Scene, after all :p

Fjordson

Ah, so it might not be separate releases. That's cool. Man, I can't wait for this shit.

Has any sort of release window been given? I saw someone say 2015 in the other topic, but that's so far away. Say it ain't so =[

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ah, so it might not be separate releases. That's cool. Man, I can't wait for this shit.

Has any sort of release window been given? I saw someone say 2015 in the other topic, but that's so far away. Say it ain't so =[

afaik no hint of a release date has been given, not even the year.

"So we can't comment yet on how these things will be distributed and sold"

They are being REALLY CAGEY about something that you're describing as straightforward.

Or the origin plan releasing the game seperate has been changed.

duckroll

"So we can't comment yet on how these things will be distributed and sold"

They are being REALLY CAGEY about something that you're describing as straightforward.

Since we still haven't heard anything, it's likely a final decision has yet to be made, and they're leaving all their options open.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I really need to beat PW so I can join in the story discussion. Only MG I have not beat, only because I got the PSP version, loved it, then got a Vita and was holding out for an HD version. May as well just buy the PSN game I guess.

pa22word

Anyone rip the music yet? I /need/ to be able to play that on repeat over and over again for hours on end!

just like I do with all mgs music >_<

Nemesis_

I beat Peace Walker, the credits rolled, and then I apparently had to do something else and it was incredibly vague and I have since given up on it.

I know the only thing I missed was that Paz was
working for someone called CIPHER but I don't actually know who or what CIPHER is
. So yeah :/

I should read-up or try to finish Peace Walker though I honestly don't know what I'm doing. >_>

Trike

I agree, though disagree with this.
This was the first time I really got the MGS feeling.

Hiding in a cardboard box is more believable and less silly than hanging off of the side of a horse in broad daylight in front of soldiers. As far as gameplay goes it looks to be far away from what Metal Gear is familiar to. Maybe that just comes with turning the game into an open world game.

Not to mention the massive amount of retconning there seems to be.

I thought Kiefer's voice was pretty good and that's coming from a fan obsessed with David's voice.

Kiefer's voice isn't bad, but it doesn't sound like Snake. When I see his face and the voice at the same time it throws me off.

Also, why do you guys think that Eli would be liquid? He is probably around the right age and has his hair, but he is not in the right place. He grew up in the UK and I believe his eye color is wrong. Then again, retcons. Old Pappy Big Boss probably fathered the kids with Kaz now, and they all met in 198X.

Batzi

Banned
I beat Peace Walker, the credits rolled, and then I apparently had to do something else and it was incredibly vague and I have since given up on it.

I know the only thing I missed was that Paz was
working for someone called CIPHER but I don't actually know who or what CIPHER is
. So yeah :/

I should read-up or try to finish Peace Walker though I honestly don't know what I'm doing. >_>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_the_number_0_in_English#.22Zero.22_and_.22cipher.22

Look for a walkthrough. The path to get to the hidden second ending is so silly you'll literally never figure it out on your own.

Honestly, you'd be absolutely fine just looking it up on Youtube. It depends on how much you really want to experience one more grindy bossfight.

Also, why do you guys think that Eli would be liquid? He is probably around the right age and has his hair, but he is not in the right place. He grew up in the UK and I believe his eye color is wrong. Then again, retcons. Old Pappy Big Boss probably fathered the kids with Kaz now, and they all met in 198X.

Not really a retcon, just depends on your definition of 'grew up'. He didn't necessarily spend every moment of his young life in Britain.

I was watching this on my iPad the day it got released and everyone thought I was watching a movie. Decided to pop it up on the Apple TV and everyone was wowed. They almost could not believe that they were watching actual gameplay, not a simple movie.

Vasili2K38

Ok, I'll throw my theory.. Kojima after MGS4 was done with Metal Gear, and after the PS3 downgrade and the problems carried in MGS4 he focused in having its own engine and making his next game, and open world game with a story centered in the famous taboos etc.. the famous Project Ogre. But then in some point, I don't know if it was because of the Rising fiasco and the outsourcing of this game to Platinum he decides that he can't leave to anyone his child saga, and then he transforms Project Ogre in Metal Gear Solid V, keeping a lot of new gameplay elements that he wanted to do (new motion capture techniques, open world, day/night cycles, the taboo themes..) and introducing the story after Peace Walker events. I would even say that ponytail-horned Snake was originally a new character of a new game.

And then, even after everything I've said, I would even go to the point that this game will be a reboot of the entire saga and its mythos, and then after MGSV we'll have more Metal Gears in this "new canon".

Erigu

And then, even after everything I've said, I would even go to the point that this game will be a reboot of the entire saga and its mythos, and then after MGSV we'll have more Metal Gears in this "new canon".
Blinded by the lens flares! ^^

cartridge

Banned
I absolutely love the tone set in this trailer. It's like Road Warrior, Apocalypse Now, and Top Gun all rolled into one delicious strudel of maddenly high concentrations of badassery, with The Lost Boys frosting on top.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not for Honor, Not for Love, Not for Power, Not for the Future...

Dem feels.

Trike

Look for a walkthrough. The path to get to the hidden second ending is so silly you'll literally never figure it out on your own.

Honestly, you'd be absolutely fine just looking it up on Youtube. It depends on how much you really want to experience one more grindy bossfight.

Not really a retcon, just depends on your definition of 'grew up'. He didn't necessarily spend every moment of his young life in Britain.

True. I mean we never learned Liquid's real name either, right? Just seems kind of coincidental. Apparently we were supposed to learn why Liquid was so bitter about Big Boss in Peace Walker. Or, I guess, given more reasons. Still seems kind of lame.

duckroll

I don't think the dude in trench coat is Kaz

Definitely Kaz. You can see he's missing his right hand:

S3wcGtC.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Dat visuals!

Haven't played a MGS game since the 2nd (which I hated), but this will be MINE!

Can't recommend you try MGS3 enough. It is arguably the best of the series, going back to MGS' tighter story line. It just happens to have some of the best boss battles in the series (so far).

Also? Camo!

Nemesis_

Hmm, thanks guys! I might have a look and adjust my approach depending on how much time I have in the coming weeks.

Assuming that CIPHER are
the early Patriots or something
based on the link Batzi posted alone :p

Hmm, thanks guys! I might have a look and adjust my approach depending on how much time I have in the coming weeks.

Assuming that CIPHER are
the early Patriots or something
based on the link Batzi posted alone :p

You can probably knock it out in a couple of hours or so if you follow a guide. The idea is that you complete about three or four random Extra Ops missions and a new mission will unlock where you'll hunt down Zadornov, and you have to repeat that process five times, I think. You also need to have certain upgrades for Metal Gear ZEKE, which you might need to replay some of the bossfights for (they're random drops, but not really rare). The final Zadornov hunting mission will lead straight into the final final boss, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom