• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

RangerBAD

Does anyone know the song or whatever is being used in the first 2 minutes of the extended trailer? Is it even the same person who is singing the new song in the trailer "sins of the father" I think it's called

Donna Burke from Peace Walker!

Jb

What the fuck.... was the blonde kid Paz?

Also nice to see it confirmed for PS4 but no PC logo? WHta was the point of releasing Rising on Steam then?

PS3! Fuck yes! I'll probably buy it for both the PS3 and 4. Fox news will probably have a field day with this. ;P

Kaz talks a lot, I wanna hear more of BB's voice.

Was that Paz getting the bomb taken out of her stomach?

Grief.exe

It will be interesting to see them balance the open world experience with the movie-like games that Kojima is known for.

dukeoflegs

Damn that was intense.
BB shooting those kids in the cell. There's going to be some pissed off parents talking about this game if you kill kids.

metalgearsolidv1.png

For some reason it wont let me directly save the images.

Dare i say? This looks like the current gen versions maybe upres to 1080p and 60fps. I don't think this is the next gem version.

Naar

Donna Burke from Peace Walker!

Um... I am talking about the new MGS 5 extended trailer. The first 2 minutes there is someone kinda humming. Is that part of some full song?

Unless you meant that humming was from something in Peace Walker, which I didn't hear when I played that game

Pooya

I've watched it 6-7 times already, best thing out of E3.

have they said how different current gen version is? curious how that's going to work.

Danielsan

Dealing with drug mules, torture and child soldiers.

Really surprised there's been no hinting of Grey Fox. Unless he's Ismael and it's preliminary exo-skeleton experiments that has him in bandages. Is it just me or does Kaz sound similar to Big Boss (I know the actors are different, but it's just weird).
Not sure where you got the drug mules. The package in the kid's intestines is a bomb.

SkylineRKR

This is one of the best trailers I have seen. Its so graphic and to the point. It shows the atrocities of war, and brilliant gameplay as well. Accompanied by excellent music. A masterclass.

I hope the game can live up to it.

The lack of PC is so depressing. What is the point of making games on PCs, demoing them on PCs, and then just not launching on them?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/6843/metalgearsolidv1.png[/IG]

For some reason it wont let me directly save the images.

Dare i say? This looks like the current gen versions maybe upres to 1080p and 60fps. I don't think this is the next gem version.[/QUOTE]

Next gen versions ARE just upres to 1080p/60fps with some boosted effects. Looks pretty good all things considered.

Izick

Posted in the other thread, but it fits here as well:

I can't believe they're going to finally show us the decline of Snake fully into Big Boss we come to know in the earlier games. Lots of interesting ground to cover there. I'm guessing Kojima will still find a way for us to sympathize with him when he does this super evil shit. The regret and sadness on his face on his face when he starts to shoot those children in the prison after he hands them diamonds is pretty gut-wrenching enough.

Trailer is amazing though. Most anticipated game by miles. They seem to have really improved the gameplay ten-fold along with the new cinematic stuff. The only negative thing related to this game right now (for me) is the lack of Hayter, but I understand Kojima has a vision.

I get the feeling from this trailer that this will be a seamless open world. I recall news from the previous trailer that was along the lines of it being "like" an open world; the helicopter is like your loading screen as you travel to different locations on the map. So which is it? Is each location like a really big area that has limits and you need the helicopter to go outside of it, or can I walk my way from one side of the map to the other uninterrupted? This game looks amazing, regardless.

Top Bottom