• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

Kojima's done did it again, I'm hyped. For as much flak as he gets for his games being more "movie than game", the man can deliver it in a way to make me care. In these modern days of games trying to go for a cinematic approach that almost universally fall flat on their face, this is doing it right by me.

Barakov

That first minute and a half......that was stunning, amazing and more than a little messed up. Kojima really didn't pull any punches when it comes to the content.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FIRST XV NOW THIS

INSERT IN

Danielsan

I will also say. Jack Bauer's voice >>> David Hayter. Still sounds like gruff like Snake, but he doesn't ham it up to eleven. Great voice work in general in the trailer

RangerBAD

I get the feeling from this trailer that this will be a seamless open world. I recall news from the previous trailer that was along the lines of it being "like" an open world; the helicopter is like your loading screen as you travel to different locations on the map. So which is it? Is each location like a really big area that has limits and you need the helicopter to go outside of it, or can I walk my way from one side of the map to the other uninterrupted? This game looks amazing, regardless.

I feel like there will be just different "levels" with just large, large areas. It won't all take place in a seamless place. The settings will change for objectives. What we saw was him trying to recover Kaz probably.

hachiroku

Banned
Solidus?

ss.png

More likely taken from the PC since this game hasn't been seen running on the PS4 or Xbone.

Well, I assumed it was PS4/Xbone since MGSV/Ground Zeroes shots in the past have always been 720 as opposed to 1080.

Also, the glasses/beret guy is Kaz... come on people. Next someone will come in here saying Gene has risen from the grave.

MormaPope

Banned
The true sequel to MGS3 is coming. Oh my gawdness is MGS V looking spectacular. I knew Kojima would portray war torn third world countries realistically, I speculated child soldiers would play a part in the story in a big way and was right.

SkylineRKR

Eli could be Liquid. He fought in Afghanistan I believe. Or was it Lebanon?

But I think its more open worlds, every level is perhaps a sandbox to do your shit in. There is the GZ level, then there is the desert to rescue miller.

People complain about Japanese game development, and then stuff like this happens.

Makes me giggle. Fucking amazing.

fucking 24 plays snake?? lmao

they should have stuck with hayter

gameplay looks like a blatant ripoff of red dead redemption

Hahahahah.

I know opinions are just opinions and they're never wrong and all, but yours is.

SJRB

Gold Member
Amazing trailer. And quite possibly the most shocking videogame trailer ever, this is super gritty.

I love this game so much.

feel

Damn, Kojima is a god. Promised myself I wouldn't get hyped for another MGS after what he did to the entire series' story with MGS4, but this is looking too awesome to not get hyped about. Hopefully he keeps it relatively grounded and self-contained like with MGS3, so I can just treat it like its own thing and pretend the shit that is told in MGS2 and 4 doesn't exist.

MormaPope

Banned
fucking 24 plays snake?? lmao

they should have stuck with hayter

gameplay looks like a blatant ripoff of red dead redemption

This might be the worst observation or assertion I've seen in a while.

Yeah, because Red Dead Redemption had a huge stealth component right? I guess stealth games should stick to small grids with three passages. And Hayter guilting is still a thing? Kiefer sounds fantastic as Bigboss, he doesn't need to force his voice to sound gritty and worn.

I feel like there will be just different "levels" with just large, large areas. It won't all take place in a seamless place. The settings will change for objectives. What we saw was him trying to recover Kaz probably.

I'm fine with that. The large areas with some multiple options were the best part of MG4.

Top Bottom