• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

Guys please buy MGR on pc when its released, I want them to bring this on pc and I bet they will use MGR as some type of indicator whether they should bring over future titles!

Trailer is amazing!

Izick

Probably answered already and I didn't see it...but any word if it is being ported over to the PS4 or if they designed the next gen versions around the new hardware? I really want to get this on PS4, and would pick it up at launch if that is the case. I just don't want to do that if its a glorified port.

Yeah, it's coming to PS4.

The Fox Engine was designed with multiplatform development in mind, so I think we're going to see a real difference between the PS4/X1 versions and the PS360 ones. It seem like the engine can squeeze a lot of juice out of the old consoles, but it seems to be on another level for the next.

Looks fantastic gameplay wise but graphically I'm not going to get my hopes up that the game will come close to this given Kojima's record with MGS4.

Ugh. Not even close to the same situation.

Looks fantastic gameplay wise but graphically I'm not going to get my hopes up that the game will come close to this given Kojima's record with MGS4.

That's because the 2005 version of the ps3 was much more powerful than what the original console was. That won't happen this time.

Krisprolls

Banned
Probably answered already and I didn't see it...but any word if it is being ported over to the PS4 or if they designed the next gen versions around the new hardware? I really want to get this on PS4, and would pick it up at launch if that is the case. I just don't want to do that if its a glorified port.

I don't think Kojima would be ok with a "glorified port". PS4 / next gen versions should be clearly on top.

MormaPope

Banned
If anything it's all the realism coming at once. The amount of battles Big Boss has been in, and the most he lost is an eye?

Also, phantom pain. Not feeling pain from what you have, but also from what you've lost. Miller lays it on thick, and it'll probably be core to MGSV.

Notice how ragged and broken most of the characters are in MGS V. Emotionally broken, psychologically broken, physically broken. Technology fixes what's broken for someone physically. Big Boss has an advanced metal arm, Emmerich built himself robotic legs, Quiet has nanomachine tech to repair wounds, Miller will probably get a new body himself.

But how do you heal or fix what's emotionally broken? Or psychologically broken? Can someone make certain choices in live where they feel damned for as long as they live?

PS4 logo at the end of the trailer answers your question.

Looks like Eli has a snake on his leg.

d70ypnI.jpg

Money on him being Liquid.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can anyone gif that small snippet of Snake carrying Miller while the sun sets and the helicopter flies by? That moment looks almost photorealistic.

Erigu

Notice how ragged and broken most of the characters are in MGS V. Emotionally broken, psychologically broken, physically broken. Technology fixes what's broken for someone physically. Big Boss has an advanced metal arm, Emmerich built himself robotic legs, Quiet has nanomachine tech to repair wounds, Miller will probably get a new body himself.

But how do you heal or fix what's emotionally broken? Or psychologically broken? Can someone make certain choices in live where they feel damned for as long as they live?
Might tie in with that bit of shrapnel they didn't remove from Snake's head...
(plus demon/oni imagery, of course)

So, any proof that the girl on the operating table is Paz?
Confirmed by Kojima on his podcast.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
It makes sense that "Eli" is most likely Liquid, especially if you consider the tag line that goes with his name: .."curse fate". This goes in line with MGS1 how Liquid states that he is cursed by genes of his Big Boss.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
From what I recall with his interview with Geoff at GDC Kojima said Ground Zero+Phantom Pain make up MGS:V.
So the way the just released the trailers which include scenes from both and how the term MGS Ground Zeros has not been used since prior to GDC. I think MGS:V will be 1 Disc for PS4/PS3/Xbone and at least 2 Discs for 360.

SkylineRKR

Ofcourse its Miller, look closely; he doesn't even have a right arm when he stands there.

He's rounder, just like Snake is... perhaps its because it takes place some time later. After Miller has been rescued and they decide to exact revenge.

Perhaps the whole Hospital ordeal takes place between the rescue mission and the revenge torture stuff?

kotor22

I said it in the other thread but , I mentioned it was interesting how Kaz's injured almost opposite to snake? like snakes right eye, kaz's left, snakes left arm, kaz's right, maybe I'm just looking too much into it, cause I guess Kaz is also missing part of his left leg? What an amazing trailer! I can't wait for this game!!!

Axial

Interesting cast of characters: blind general, mute sniper, deaf child soldier, amputee commandos, paraplegic scientist and a scarfaced badguy. I have no idea who these people are but I can't wait to find out when this game actually comes out.

Zaetus

Neo Member
I wonder how Miller gets arm and foot back. If I remember correctly, his body had always been in tact in MG2 and at the time of his death prior to the Shadow Moses incident. Or am I missing something here?

i dunno if my interest in MGS or gaming in general has just cooled at this point but that was probably the least interesting MGS trailer ever

nothing on the MGS2 3 or 4 trailers

gameplay looks cool but the actual trailer just didnt have that magic imo

that song is cheesy as fuck

synce

Horrible trailer, I really didn't need to see them doing that to Paz... Huge spoilers, never watching another MGS5 trailer.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Eli is Liquid Snake. 100% its Liquid Snake. “In the middle east we don’t hunt foxes, we hunt jackels”. Kids wearing Jackel teeth necklace. Plus that tag line about cursing his fate. Sounds like Liquid.

ku-xlarge.jpg

So good...

i7BrFPwHjyO08.gif

iODtnrdgqkcs4.gif

Thank you sir.

the bit at the end was a nod to outer heaven and metal gear tx55 wasn't it

they need to retcon the shit out of tx55 after chrysalis and cocoon

nampad

For all the times I give Kojima shit about still doing MGS games I am surprisingly hyped by this trailer.
That intestines scene was gut wrenching.

Decado

Interesting that this series essentially has gone from exclusive (timed or otherwise) titles to being released on 4 (hopefully 5 - PC) platforms simultaneously. Hopefully Konami can handle it and we don't see the slip in quality displayed by the PES franchise.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That was awesome.

Getting a strong feeling that this may be Kojima's "Unforgiven" chapter of MGS, he really seems to be engaging with the uglier realities of warfare.

The Paz bomb/beacon thing is soon after he rescues Chico right? Snake's still in his Peace Walker outfit.

so do we know what ground zeroes is yet?

No, well not how it's distributed.
It is like the tanker chapter but sounds like it'll be available before the main game.

Apparently in terms of story it's everything until Snake wakes up from his coma, but we don't know how he gets that yet.

Top Bottom