• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Update 1.21 and Definitive Edition Update 1.10 Details

Wait does the game have a next gen update or is it just itsfuckingnothing.gif?

Been wanting to play MGS5 for a long, long time and a next gen update would definitely push me to buy.
It's regularly on sale for $5. I don't know what else I need to say.

Also, it plays in 1440p60 on PS5. It got a next gen patch over a year ago.

Nothing else is coming, but the SIZE of this patch is absolute lunacy.

SJRB

Gold Member
A6C807DF483521DDDB462DAD2D91C99FF6956FDA

Kamina

Golden Boy
I did!

It's 1440p and 60 frames per second on PS5.

That's not a full 4K, but it's the same resolution as that Unreal Demo they made for the "future of graphics" on the next gen systems.
That‘s the same res and fps as PS4 Pro, so they didnt do anything.

Last edited:

matty3092

While I get peoples grievances with MGSV it makes me curious if eventually much like MGS2 people will look back more fondly on it in the future.

Mikey Jr.

Somewhat off topic but can someone explain to me (who’s about 4 hours in) how the opening segment in the hospital is one of the sickest openers ever, then you’re just doing boring missions in the dessert Afghanistan for hours straight

Seriously.

That opening felt like an mgs game.

And then.....nothing.

Open world killed MGSV.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I love the game, but it's not my favorite in the series. I much would have preferred an experience more akin to Ground Zeroes or the previous games, but at the same time, it's cool having a unique MGS sandbox game like this. No other game in the series can do what this one can, and I love it for the times the missions really come together.

Last edited:
While I did enjoy my time with it, addicting gameplay and all I cant put it above the rest because it has zero replay value. I tried real hard, but playing it for the second time, knowing how bare the world is, having to spend hours to upgrade your motherbase...I deleted it after 3 hours. The opening scene is still boss, but its because its the closest thing to old MGS style.

Dream-Knife

Banned
MGSV is easily my favorite MGS game. The story is dumb, but then again all the MGS stories are dumb and make no sense. Sneaking around Afghanistan and Africa doing missions was such a great experience. Definitely top 5 of last gen. I will replay it on my "next gen" patched PC.

Soodanim

MGSV is easily my favorite MGS game. The story is dumb, but then again all the MGS stories are dumb and make no sense. Sneaking around Afghanistan and Africa doing missions was such a great experience. Definitely top 5 of last gen. I will replay it on my "next gen" patched PC.
When that day comes, 120fps is as easy as editing an ini setting.

Gp1

It's a "I did a 100% run, two times" good game. Even being butchered story wise, it's easily one the best games of the generation.

#releasethekojimacut.

Last edited:

Gp1

80 hours longer and farting man subplot fully explored to conclude that he’s still irrelevant and ruins scenes.

Nah, Mgs 5 just need some gameplay rework on the chapter 2, include the 51 mission and explore some of the important audio tapes as cutscenes.

The game wasn't finished but pushed out the door anyway. Konami was done with Kojima, and vice versa.

You'll notice way more bizarre narrative structures, missing elements, lazy filler missions in the rest of the game. It's a proper Frankenstein of a game miraculously held together by decent to good moment to moment gameplay.

Kojima managed to set up a new studio and make Death Stranding in 3 years.

Top Bottom