• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 3 announced for Steam

SparkTR

I just noticed that this has both "Partial Controller Support" and "Full Controller Support". First time I've seen that, what's up with that?

Are there any significant issues with the port? because otherwise I'll probably get it today.

The online wasn't that great, it has severe connection issues. I'm not sure if it was because my internet isn't all that great, but I had issues.

alienmonkey

Neo Member
The game is as fun as i remember it, impossibly hard to beat without continues but so much fun :)

One note though, there is no way to adjust audio in the game...

Roshin

Anyone else get the impression that the soundtrack is sped up in-game, or am I just remembering it incorrectly?

The whole game (including the music) does seem to be running a bit faster than it should. I get the annoying bug/glitch where it doesn't go fullscreen and shows my taskbar the whole time. I hope they fix that soonish.

Also, there's a remarkable lack of options in general.

Blinck

Is anybody getting severe stuterring playing this game?
Ive got an i7 2600 & a GTX580.

This game requires 8GB DDR5, a GTX580 ain't gonna cut it!

Seriously though, try to fiddle with V-Sync. Maybe try to enable Adaptable-Vsync on the Nvidia panel - this sometimes resolves stuttering issues!

Is anybody getting severe stuterring playing this game?
Ive got an i7 2600 & a GTX580.
No stuttering for me, but the game generally feels a little sped up. Hoping they get around to fixing the framerate issues soon enough (not talking about the slowdowns), because I can't unhear the faster soundtrack.

Disabling V-sync and messing around with active processors did nothing for me in attempts to bring it back to its original speed, by the way.

TnK

Worst port I have ever tried. The game stutters like mad, and I can't try to 1CC the game. What the hell were they thinking?

On the other hand, it has the best CRT scanlines filter I saw in a game.

ksan

So, first time playing Metal Slug 3, so no nostalgia here, and really it holds up to the words I've heard about it, what a great game. Wish there wasn't any slow downs though (ones that shouldn't be in that is)
Trying to get as far I can with 1cc, and managed to beat the first two levels doing the normal path.

What are your guys feeling on auto-fire? It really hurts my hand to play without it on, especially considering I'm using a 360 controller. But maybe it is too easy?

Worst port I have ever tried. The game stutters like mad, and I can't try to 1CC the game. What the hell were they thinking?

On the other hand, it has the best CRT scanlines filter I saw in a game.

I find the scanlines too dark.. Wish there were more options concerning it. I like scanlines, but it really kills the color.

What are your guys feeling on auto-fire? It really hurts my hand to play without it on, especially considering I'm using a 360 controller. But maybe it is too easy?

There's auto-fire? I've been jamming that fucking A button for days.

Patch that came out today fixed the sped up audio for me. Can't confirm whether they did other sound-related tweaks, since the patch notes are rather blunt.

Top Bottom