• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is getting DLSS support

darrylgorn

When everyone that got the game day 1 stopped or finished playing

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

StueyDuck

Lol duuuuuurrrrrr Bethesda durrrr

Good to see they are at least trying to fix the hot shit they released on PC. Hoping it won't be long till the game runs properly 🙏

xVodevil

At least AMD wasn't too far off when they said they aren't stopping anyone to implement DLSS.. :D
Anyway kinda curious now to see how long does it take from announcement to implementing.. still should have been there from day1

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ultrawide 21:9 that I've been playing in has been glorious. I can only imagine 32:9 looks even better!

Housh

Damn. Now I gotta figure out how to unmod everything when the official patches drop. The two things I modded day one was DLSS and changed the FOV.

sendit

Glad such a high profile game got quite a bit of backlash by not including DLSS, this should put a statement on future releases.

With that said, I am guilty of purchasing PureDark's DLSS mod.

A multi-trillion dollar megacorp backing a major AAA dev with some of the most successful games in the past 2 decades has no business playing second fiddle to what essentially amounts to a super indie dev. I barely touched Starfield and am 130 hours into Baldur's Gate III now, but Starfield should have been a lot better than this. I just don't see where this massive budget went.
I have Starfield installed on my PC but didn't even start playing because I can't stop thinking about Baldur's Gate 3. I'm over 90h now.

Knightime_X

Man why is everyone so negative towards this game? It seems like a cool game to me so far.
I'd assume the hate is strongly dependent on the platform the end user has, or doesn't have.
This goes all the way back to the 90s.

I remember a time I hated on Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time when I didn't have a N64.
But loved OOT after getting one. *shrugs* lol

Last edited:
BG3 an indie? By the 2 people dev team Larian Studios?
I'm always baffled by the inside knowledge that some people have. Truly baffled!
Indie means independent, no publisher
It can be a Triple A game
Hell, Witcher 3 can be considered indie 😂
And of course, Bethesda is bigger than Larian and Microsoft is a trillionaire company

Indie means independent, no publisher
It can be a Triple A game
Hell, Witcher 3 can be considered indie 😂
And of course, Bethesda is bigger than Larian and Microsoft is a trillionaire company
The original definition of indie has lost its meaning for quite some time. Most people seem to use it for anything that they don't consider AAA.
And I'd say the the team sizes are comparable.
Bethesda dev team for Starfield 500+
Larian dev team BG3 400+

Pretty much sounds like stereo for me. Not sure what’s going on.
Might be only stereo if your playing on Windows 10. My windows 10 has a tendency to default to stereo for everything unless I go in and set it to surrround in the windows audio menu.
I hear that Windows 11 fixes this issue, but I'm stuck on 10 till I buy a new computer.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Lol duuuuuurrrrrr Bethesda durrrr

Good to see they are at least trying to fix the hot shit they released on PC. Hoping it won't be long till the game runs properly 🙏
Skyrim still has unpatched bugs from 2011...that modders patched years ago. These bugs show up on latest Anniversary Edition releases on app platforms.

So yeah, YMMV on those fixes. Modders will fix things bit it will take years.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Skyrim still has unpatched bugs from 2011...that modders patched years ago. These bugs show up on latest Anniversary Edition releases on app platforms.

So yeah, YMMV on those fixes. Modders will fix things bit it will take years.
look bugs and bethesda are basically synonyms and i never expect the game to be bug free, especially when they call them fun whoopsies or whatever that Exec said. But Starfield is an absolute hot mess on PC and it's really not acceptable (but it seems in 2023 it is, looking at all these AAA releases), the game needs to at least get to a point where it runs semi decently.

again struggling to get 60fps at 1080p on 3080 and an I9 is just shocking performance and thats without the DLSS nonsense that they sound like they are trying to fix. So hopefully they are actually gonna put effort into this and not just say "git nu PC breh" I spent stupid money on this PC 2 years ago, i should at least be getting 1080p 60 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Man why is everyone so negative towards this game? It seems like a cool game to me so far.
Because it wasn't the exact space game people expecting. Granted, Bethesda Game Studios were a bit honest that Star Field wasn't going be similar to other space games in how you interact with the world.

StereoVsn

look bugs and bethesda are basically synonyms and i never expect the game to be bug free, especially when they call them fun whoopsies or whatever that Exec said. But Starfield is an absolute hot mess on PC and it's really not acceptable (but it seems in 2023 it is looking at all these AAA releases), the game needs to at least get to a point where it runs at least semi decently.

again struggling to get 60fps at 1080p on 3080 and an I9 is just shocking performance and thats without the DLSS nonsense that they sound like they are trying to fix. So hopefully they are actually gonna put effort into this and not just say "git nu PC breh" I spent stupid money on this PC 2 years ago, i should at least be getting 1080p 60 :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I mean it's clearly acceptable to Todd. You just haven't given in and bought that new PC yet! 😉

violence

Might be only stereo if your playing on Windows 10. My windows 10 has a tendency to default to stereo for everything unless I go in and set it to surrround in the windows audio menu.
I hear that Windows 11 fixes this issue, but I'm stuck on 10 till I buy a new computer.
I'm on windows 11. 5.1 works fine in other games and my favorite testing website.

shamoomoo

That’s not how it works in corporate world… money disappears in all sorts of ways and the bigger the project becomes, the harder it is to manage and keep quality control in check.

A big budget DOES NOT guarantee success.

Starfield was a huge undertaking and I wouldn’t judge it’s level of success just yet.
Is it? Star Field seems like Fallout or Elder Scrolls in space

DeaDPo0L84

Damn. Now I gotta figure out how to unmod everything when the official patches drop. The two things I modded day one was DLSS and changed the FOV.
Removing a mod is just like installing a mod but backwards. So if you placed a file or two from either mod into your SF directory, just find those and delete them, it's legit that simple. Your game will be none the wiser.

DeaDPo0L84

Is it? Star Field seems like Fallout or Elder Scrolls in space
I wish it was either of these, sadly it is not, it's easily outside of FO76 their worst game yet. I have hundreds of hours in all their major releases, I am already having to force myself to play SF after 50 hours.

skneogaf

I wrote in a different thread that I stopped playing as soon as I reached the bottom of the elevator at the very beginning of the game as the brightness is completely messed up on pc, looks like I was right to.

I'm looking forward to playing it once these patches drop.

Topher

Gold Member
Hmmm, wonder what this was...

cVBwTFm.png

Launched the game and I'm seeing same "building shaders" progress bar you had, M1chl M1chl

Last edited:

Eotheod

A multi-trillion dollar megacorp backing a major AAA dev with some of the most successful games in the past 2 decades has no business playing second fiddle to what essentially amounts to a super indie dev. I barely touched Starfield and am 130 hours into Baldur's Gate III now, but Starfield should have been a lot better than this. I just don't see where this massive budget went.
But, they are not even the same game genre? One is a CRPG and the other is a staright space RPG. BG3 has the DnD backbone to allow "unlimited" possibilities, whereas Starfield is to a point procedural but very much has a limit on possibilities.

Neither should be compared to each other, yet everyone keeps doing and whinging that one doesn't exceed the other. That just sounds like ignorance for the sake of a narrative.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Is this the first time Bethesda have committed to patching in new tech and improvements to one of their games? I kinda figured they'd do their usual schtick of abandoning the game save for bug fixes and move on to DLC, so colour me surprised we're actually getting official HDR and FOV.

Gambit2483

I wish it was either of these, sadly it is not, it's easily outside of FO76 their worst game yet. I have hundreds of hours in all their major releases, I am already having to force myself to play SF after 50 hours.
I remember Fallout 3 had me completely hooked. Everything from the lore of the ghouls, and different factions to T-Dog and the 1930s music just completely vibed with me.

Meanwhile with Starfield I'm finding it very hard to give a shit about Constellation or the lore of any of the factions and the music, while nice just feels like off brand space movie fluff. Sad to see such a talented studio fail to replicate what made them so great before

Jedi survivor got a dlss 3.0 update actually.
OK damn wow, as of the Sep 5th patch ("Patch 7"), DLSS support is added to Jedi Survivor 🤯

Someone tell Capcom that they no longer have any excuses left not to patch DLSS support into RE4R and Village

AMD's fortress of bullshit is crumbling before our eyes but there is still much to do

HzbSFyb.png

Top Bottom