• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia DLSS and HDR controls coming to Starfield next week

Draugoth

Gold Member
We've been hard at work on @StarfieldGame updates and will be putting our next one into Steam Beta next week.

This update will feature Nvidia DLSS support with frame generation, display and HDR controls for supported systems, and other optimizations and improvements. You'll be able to opt-in to try it via the Steam Beta options. We’d love your feedback before it goes live for all PC and Xbox players after that.Stay tuned for the specifics soon, and thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Spyxos

I am already over this game.

what took you so long seinfeld GIF

Wow so fast /s

I had time to clock 98h in the game to finish it, never reinstalling, most likely.

How did peoples mod DLSS in within 5 minutes, it'll have taken them 2 months since game's release now?
It's really strange. It's not same Bethesda that did Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind anymore? I wonder what even happening with Starfield. And you can't say that whole dev team is awful - graphics, assets are just incredible as well as music and some other things. I mean - what is even happened here? Unrealistic deadline? Also are they used fucking Chatgpt to generate story and dialogues? I just don't understand...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Good news! The DLSS FG mod would cause all sorts of issues like graphical glitches and crashing. I have about 50hrs into the game and really enjoyed it. This will be nice for when I get back into it and finish it up later this year.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Has the performance of NVIDIA GPUs improved? Their AMD counterparts outperformed them by over 30% last I checked.

acm2000

first playthrough took me 85 hours or so but wont be going back for new game+ any time soon, will wait for meaningful updates and content.

Forth

This is not the update I wanted to hear.
My biggest issue with this game is that early on I went to a large cave structure when landing on planets and loved it, it started off with a small structure that led me down through a cave and some enemies.
But a few storyline missions in I have to go look for Andreja, well guess what? She was in a cave that was EXACTLY like that earlier cave right down to enemy positions.
I'm done with this game until they add more POI's.

Sleepwalker

I decided to wait on this patch to start my playthrough but I'm no longer interested in the game at this point. Oh well

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

MMaRsu

Banned
This is not the update I wanted to hear.
My biggest issue with this game is that early on I went to a large cave structure when landing on planets and loved it, it started off with a small structure that led me down through a cave and some enemies.
But a few storyline missions in I have to go look for Andreja, well guess what? She was in a cave that was EXACTLY like that earlier cave right down to enemy positions.
I'm done with this game until they add more POI's.

The random points of interests are like the radiant quests in Oblivion.

They are NOT the main content. They are NOT the main draw of the game.

Feel free to not bother with any of the meaningful content, and scrounge around in the samey dungeons over and over, just like Oblivion.

Just play the damn game and enjoy the content that is there. There are four huge cities in the game, and several minor interesting settlements, with interesting sidequests.

Also.
I love how every Starfield thread, we got whiners coming in as if they can't get enough of shitting on the game. Go play a game yourself.
Do people come into threads about Spiderman or whatever other big game, and constantly shit on it? I'd hope you people have better things to do with your time.

Last edited:

Stafford

That's good news, because I was starting to think we'd go into 2024 without the game having at least proper HDR and/or brightness settings. You'd think any game nowadays has simple standard brightness controls, but I guess not. I remember another BGS game not having it at launch, or if at all ever. Was that Skyrim?

As for HDR, there really should have been someone on the team making sure they'd have proper HDR. You are Xbox now, do better. Most Xbox first party games have proper HDR. I'm not gonna rejoice yet, just watch them finally dropping HDR settings and it's still not proper HDR. Wouldn't be the first time for a game.

damidu

lol its going to steam beta next week, so a month to gamepass i guess. for bunch of fricking standard settings.
day90 is new day1 i suppose.

winjer

Gold Member
Why are you shitting on Dying Light 2 tho

Because it's not a particularly good game. Especially when compared to the first one.
And with the recent introduction of mxt, it got even worse.
Why, do you have some special affinity to this game, that you can't accept people who don't care for it.

winjer

Gold Member
NVIDIA definitely has duds but AMD has TLOU, Callisto Protocol, Forspoken, and Jedi Survivor, 3 of them are some of the worst PC versions of 2023.

TLOU now runs very well. And Jedi Survivor also improved, though it still has issues.
Callisto Protocol is just bad. And we better not speak of Forspoken or we shall awake Rofif.
Nvidia also had some dubs, like Gollum, Derliver us Mars, Darktide, Steelrising, etc.

But the thing is, neither nvidia, nor AMD makes these games. They just sponsor some tech, or buy some copies for bundles.
No one really knows which will be the duds, until they release.

Topher

Gold Member
Not sure what your crying about really. Plenty of games dont have dlss.

There is no good reason for Starfield, a major MS first party game, to not have DLSS at launch. The game's user rating on Steam has steadily fallen and shitty performance on PC is a major reason for that. Sheer incompetence from both Microsoft and Bethesda, imo.

ebevan91

There is no good reason for Starfield, a major MS first party game, to not have DLSS at launch. The game's user rating on Steam has steadily fallen and shitty performance on PC is a major reason for that. Sheer incompetence from both Microsoft and Bethesda, imo.

Yeah the PC performance is why I've pretty much quit playing the game outside of just dicking around on random planets. The cities like New Atlantis and Akila City tank my FPS. I do plan on upgrading my PC during tax season next year so maybe that'll help.

Top Bottom