• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Starfield PC's New Patch: Massive CPU/GPU Perf Boosts, Official DLSS Support

Fredrik

I still see minor stutter but it’s much better now. Hoping the next update is the official modding tools.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Starfield patch???

Let's check it out!

"Performance impr...."

200.gif

twilo99

Games are software, software can ALWAYS be improved and optimized, which is why I have always found all of these game benchmarks, etc. a waste of time because really you are looking at a specific version of the software which will be continuously updated for at least a year or two…

Just look at Cyberpunk… all that rage at launch was for nothing since the game is now in a much better state. Still the same game tho..

Expecting complex software to launch with perfect optimization is not possible.. gotta be realistic about these things

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Starfield still better than Bloodborne
It's not a fight worth dying for son.

Btw Starfield has the best Npcs I've ever seen, especially main ones. The facial expressions, graphics, and lip sync are very successful. As long as you don't stop and stare into the eyes of a random NPC passing by, there's no issue.

About the patch... It's too late for the main game but the goty(xbox) edition will benefit from it.

phant0m

Too little too late, I uninstalled this long ago and my gamepass lapsed. Gg
Just cancelled mine yesterday. I may actually pickup Starfield on sale (I assume it will be next month) because I do have high hopes for the modding scene.

I mean, FO4 is basically unplayable without mods (imo)

Top Bottom