• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor September 5 patch has added official DLSS support on PC | There's several perf improvements on PS5/XBS as well

Patch 7 for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor arrives today for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S.
Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
  • This patch introduces several performance-related improvements* on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S including:
    • Performance mode has been completely reworked to substantially improve player experience.
      • A number of GPU and CPU optimizations – along with disabling Ray Tracing – has resulted in a better player experience, including a solid 60 FPS in Performance mode.
    • Quality Mode has also received optimizations to help reduce FPS fluctuation and introduce other visual improvements.
  • Variable Refresh Rate support added for PS5.
  • Additional performance & optimization improvements for PC, including DLSS support.
  • Save system tweaks to help prevent save game corruption.
  • Fixed issues where players could not retrieve their XP after dying under certain circumstances.
  • Various crash fixes.
  • Various bug fixes & improvements across all platforms, including fixes for cloth, lighting, and UI.

It's not mentioned in the patch notes, but they also added DLSS 3 frame generation. I just found it in the settings!

DF will be taking another look at Jedi Survivor ASAP!

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Does that include Frame Generation? That's what's needed in the CPU limited areas due to raytracing.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

AMD sponsored game randomly adds DLSS 4+ months after release.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Mister Wolf

Reflex + Frame gen in

So late to the party. Ain't no way i'm revisiting that game until a long time after 100% it. Missed opportunity. Now i only have memories of a shit port.

I just relied on the unofficial mod. No way was I gonna go through the game with that unstable framerate without it.

PS5/Series improvements are very welcome. I wonder if the "disabling RT" is permanent or if it's a toggle in the settings. Would rather have the latter for future BC sake.
Just finished WFH and the patch has downloaded. It doesn't look like it has a separate ray-tracing toggle. Just Perf/Quality mode.
*Quality: Highest resolution output with raytracing enabled, targeting 30 FPS.
*Performance: Lower resolution output with raytracing disabled, targeting 60 FPS.

Also, the 60fps performance is very smooth (I've VRR enabled on my TV so if the FPS is lower than that I'm definitely not noticing it), much better than before, but I'm only at the start on Coruscant. Did 2 quick fights and the frame-rate remained rock solid.

Last edited:

Braag

I guess just like Epic exclusivity I gotta wait a year for AMD titles to get a DLSS patch and then buy them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
*Quality: Highest resolution output with raytracing enabled, targeting 30 FPS.
*Performance: Lower resolution output with raytracing disabled, targeting 60 FPS.
well, there you go. We all told them to do this when the game came out. So fucking stupid that it took 6 months to do when they had Series S working day one without RT.

Montauk

So this is yet another data point for not buying games at release.

When did this come out? The 28th of April. So it’s taken over 4 months to get the game in the shape it should have released in.

I’m glad I had the sense to wait. Not paying full price for unifinished games.

Now the game has an appropriate level of performance and will be significantly cheaper to buy. My plan worked out, as it usually does.

Last edited:
smh I beat the game 2 days ago…

It preformed well for most of the game until the final act. I had like 4 crashes on PC in the last 1 hour of the game. But I might 100% the game now that this patch is out.

Also for those on PC and want to know I was playing at 4K, with raytracing with everything set to epic. I had to turn off ray tracing just to finish the final act in the game.

Last edited:
I'm currently stuck on a boss battle about 2/3 of the way through the game, but now that Starfield has grabbed me I won't be coming back to this for a few weeks at least. I've played exclusively on XSX in quality mode and the stuttering/ frame-drops in the main hub world (can't remember name right now) was pretty awful. Hopefully this patch improves that significantly.

Zuzu

Just finished this a few days ago on Series X. Would've really liked to have had that solid performance mode. That sucks a lot. The performance mode shouldn't have had ray tracing in it from the get go. Also they need to really improve the combat system for the next game. The combat is janky and not top tier imo.

Last edited:
Currently on sale for PlayStation so I'm really tempted to pull the trigger but I'll wait on impressions first.

The game ran like shit on series x even on performance mode. I can’t believe it didn’t get more flack
This game is one of the best Star Wars games ever made and I think it would be in the GOTY conversation if it wasn’t for the bad performance.

The dumb decision to release this game early really hurt this game to the point were it won’t get the positive attention it deserved.

soulbait

I just finished this game a couple of weeks ago. I was holding out for another patch to fix the stuttering this game has, but wanted to finish it before Starfield came out. So of course now they come out with a patch.

Game was overall fun and I enjoyed it. I liked the first one better, but I still would recommend people to play this one.

Montauk

Just finished this a few days ago on Series X. Would've really liked to have had that solid performance mode. That sucks a lot. The performance mode shouldn't have had ray tracing in it from the get go. Also they need to really improve the combat system for the next game. The combat is janky and not top tier imo.

I was really hoping that they make quite serious large changes to the combat system. When I saw that they hadn’t I cooled on it quite a lot.

I enjoyed the first game but it feels like there is a lot more potential there, with better combat.

On a technical level I’ve seen it explained that it has animations you can’t cancel and all that.

F*** me sideways! I was not expecting another patch from Respawn for this game, nevermind one that officially added DLSS2/3 support to the game and with frame generation too. Will be returning to this game to finish it in that case, once I have completed Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield on PC.

Zuzu

I was really hoping that they make quite serious large changes to the combat system. When I saw that they hadn’t I cooled on it quite a lot.

I enjoyed the first game but it feels like there is a lot more potential there, with better combat.

On a technical level I’ve seen it explained that it has animations you can’t cancel and all that.
Yeah, from the best I can remember of Fallen Order, Jedi Survivor's combat has hardly changed fundamentally from that game. And honestly it possibly felt even worse on Series X because of the awful stuttering that's continuous in the game so it feels even more janky. Fallen Order at least ran at a consistent 60fps on Series X.

They've added more stances to the combat - 3 additional ones which is a decent evolution but many of the actual skills you unlock for each stance aren't that interesting or useful and don't make the combat much more fun a lot of the time. There's also hardly any actual lightsaber combo moves you can do which I don't like.

Yeah you can't cancel animations. I understand that they're going for dark souls like combat by using this mechanic but I personally don't prefer it. I want to feel faster, more dynamic and more nimble as a jedi. Combine that with the weird character movement for dodging, the at-times frustrating lock-on system, rubbish unblockable enemy attacks who can hit you during your iframes (I think that's the term - other people online have explained it better) and janky hitboxes (though I don't think I had too much trouble with this though others did) and the combat is not the most pleasant experience quite often.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If the PS5 version now performs well (without looking a generation worse after whatever optimizations they've done) I'll probably pick it up, really liked the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom