• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia DLSS and HDR controls coming to Starfield next week

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah the PC performance is why I've pretty much quit playing the game outside of just dicking around on random planets. The cities like New Atlantis and Akila City tank my FPS. I do plan on upgrading my PC during tax season next year so maybe that'll help.

What does your current rig have?

Sleepwalker

The random points of interests are like the radiant quests in Oblivion.

They are NOT the main content. They are NOT the main draw of the game.

Feel free to not bother with any of the meaningful content, and scrounge around in the samey dungeons over and over, just like Oblivion.

Just play the damn game and enjoy the content that is there. There are four huge cities in the game, and several minor interesting settlements, with interesting sidequests.

Also.
I love how every Starfield thread, we got whiners coming in as if they can't get enough of shitting on the game. Go play a game yourself.
Do people come into threads about Spiderman or whatever other big game, and constantly shit on it? I'd hope you people have better things to do with your time.

Oh yes they do.

Topher

Gold Member
Oh yes they do.

Hilarious that you have to point that out to a guy who has been here since 2006.

Kill Me Smh GIF

with interesting sidequests.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

I'm done with this game until they add more POI's.

They will never do that. Only OK thing in the entire game are the faction quests. Do those, rush the main quest and delete the trash because there will be NOTHING, in all those 1000 planets that will wow you, or amaze you, or anything like that. Anyone saying otherwise is lying to you or Starfield is their first game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Rtx 3070ti, 9700k, 32gb ram

The game is on an m2 drive

You gotta be doing something wrong.

I have similar specs except its a 3070 and a 5700x, runs at 60+ all the time.

I guess I am using a DLSS mod.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't enjoy the sidequest where you have to find a new spot for the generational ship?

Or the sidequests where an AI had turned sentient and you decide what to do with it?

Or any of the faction stuff?

Get a grip bro.

All of the side content in Starfield is magnitudes above Fallout 4.

No, they were all fucking bad. Only decent ones are the crimson one and the copy-pasted deathclaw one which had some good twists. But yeah wow, amazing 2-3 quests in a game with 1000 planets. Play better games, or more games.

hlm666

Wait, is this shit going to have official nvidia frame gen before amd fg? Incredible, amd may aswell piss away the money spent sponsoring this like the other train wrecks.

edit: in case people can't work out what made me come to that conclusion.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

i hate how disrespected HDR is by game devs... i already finished the game so dont really give a shit they finally bothered to fix it

Punished Miku

Gold Member
the dude your opinion GIF

"Play better games, or more games."

I play a shitload of games. I don't even have time to play them all.

F946W-1XcAAiW4h

And those are also just a few quests. I havent finished the game.

Stop being such a sourpuss and find a new game to shit on man, it's boring and tiresome.
It's easily got the best side quests in any game I've ever played. But I try real hard to not waste my time arguing about it with people who disagree. No other game is even close. Numerous side quests have been fantastic.

I guess releasing a patch in beta is one way to cover their asses when it introduces a plethora of new bugs... and I bet it won't even fix the broken quest I have in my game.

Bojji

I played it for 500 hours. Hated it. HDR is the least of its problems…

I played it for 80 hours and it was ok game. But of course I expected 9/10 goty contender and didn't get it. At least I had game for free, friend had code from AMD GPU.

It's hilarious that we have frame generation from Nvidia before FSR3.

Last edited:
Sweet! Hopefully the HDR will look killer in this game.

Even though the sun model is still like Fallout 4 quality with fake light.

Topher

Gold Member
I've got 140 hours in Starfield and had a blast playing the game. Been waiting for this update to jump back in. Hopefully it will fix a lot of the performance issues.

Top Bottom