• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metalocalypse Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

It's good to see I won't only have to look forward to just Venture Bros for now, we have the new Metalocalypse season premiering tonight!

Comes on 12:30 AM EST / 11:30 PM CST (not sure about the PST/MST though, I forget how they handle it)

Episode is called Renovationklok and is about
Dethklok attempting to renegotiate their contract

While the promo for the episode talks about how
Charles Ofdenson was murdered, I hope he somehow comes back or some weird dark magic brings him back, he's such a great character and a badass.

I'm also looking forward to the full length episodes now, instead of the 15 minute ones in the previous seasons.

Watching the new season is totally metal, GAF!

damn, no cable means I have to wait another day. I really, really hope
offdenson isn't dead, and he shouldn't be. The metal faced guy said he wanted him alive just before he was saved. He is also a great character and the band is doomed without him.
The longer episodes mean more screwing around and time wasting with the band which I am all for. I just saw them live a few weeks ago and damn was it a great show!

LaneDS

Nice. Didn't know (a) it was on tonight and (b) it was switching to a 30 minute format. How many episodes will this season be? Curious how the longer format will play out.

Enosh

mondays just got better, dexter+metalocalypse

Volcynika said:
While the promo for the episode talks about how
Charles Ofdenson was murdered, I hope he somehow comes back or some weird dark magic brings him back, he's such a great character and a badass.
what the?
why would they do that? Is he going to be dead dead, or just tv dead?

LaneDS said:
Nice. Didn't know (a) it was on tonight and (b) it was switching to a 30 minute format. How many episodes will this season be? Curious how the longer format will play out.
before, twenty 11 minute episodes
now. 13 22 minute episodes
We get a little bit more this season.
I was going through my dvd of the show again, and they have some of the best extras ever. I used to be annoyed that they didn't at least do a commentary for 1 or two episodes, but holy crap at what they put in. If you have season 2, play the 20 minute clip of Nathan Explosion reading Titus Andronicus, it's insanely funny.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm, I wonder if the situation with Toki (constantly being made fun of/given the shitty jobs within the band) is a parody of the whole Jason Newsted/Metallica situation. Original rhythm guitarist (Not-Toki) dies, is replaced with Toki, and everyone treats Toki like shit 'cause he's the new guy.

Just a theory of course. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Oh you know Charles is coming back right at the end of the concert.:lol

Goddamn Metalocalypse has some great artists.

Tamanon

Banned
Bad-ass manager is bad-ass.

Almost as good as the episode where he fences.:lol

Good lord that's a big overarcing plot!

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
Bad-ass manager is bad-ass.

Almost as good as the episode where he fences.:lol

Good lord that's a big overarcing plot!

I'm betting that he
was brought back by Seltacia or something
. Incredibly bad-ass, agreed!

Grecco

Tamanon said:
Oh you know Charles is coming back right at the end of the concert.:lol

Goddamn Metalocalypse has some great artists.

Isnt it the same studio that makes the cut scenes in Guitar Hero?

wRATH2x

Banned
Jesus that was an awesome episode!!

I bet that guy with young Dethklok was not Toki, I remember reading that Toki was their newest member or something.

Q8D3vil

pleease give me another clown episode
the episode were he became addict again was my favourite

i do cocaine :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"Look at this long haired monkey! What kinda music do yooouuu play?"
"DEATHMETAL"
*SMACK*

Awesome episode!

Wrekt

I hope they stay clear of Dr Rockso personally. I think they've done all the can do with him. Hearing "I do cocaine" 50 times an episode has driven all the humor out of it.

Volcynika

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Bamp, good ep. Skwisgaar and Toki trading places :lol

:lol Yeah. And the reason why they were on a crappy sleeping schedule :lol

Pretty good, though I always prefer the eps that drive the main overarching plot. Can't wait to see what happens next week!

thefit

The music references are a plenty this season. Crystal Mountain records, Immortal records, Carcass hardware. Good stuff.

thefit

Seraphis Cain said:
Don't forget Necrophagist General Hospital from this week. :lol

Don't spoil it for me I have yet to see it. Busy cooking tamales for a pot luck tomorrow. Now thats fucking brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom