• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metalocalypse Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's a billion dollar idea. Cleaning your teeth with tits.

Edit:

:lol
What a crazy ending.

They're still keeping with the tradition of killing off the guest characters and whatever gets close to Toki.

Chris R

Such a great episode. I'm guessing that watching the final video on any amount of some kind of drugs might be a bad idea :lol :lol :lol So many gifs in there though.

Sergeant Hatred having a more prominent role on The Venture Bros. occasionally causes me to hear some major overlap between him and Nathan, but it kind of adds to the humor.

Glad the show's back. The first three episodes have been really great.

IamMattFox said:
Sergeant Hatred having a more prominent role on The Venture Bros. occasionally causes me to hear some major overlap between him and Nathan, but it kind of adds to the humor.

I only ever hear him in Action Johnny.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I only ever hear him in Action Johnny.

That's kind of in there too, but there's one line in the first episode of this season where Nathan is kind of doing a strained whiny voice about the contract and it sound just like his Hatred voice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Their island holiday is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in the show. So much gold.

Ridley327

IamMattFox said:

Glad the show's back. The first three episodes have been really great.

Brendon Small hasn't voiced Sgt. Hatred since season 2. Jackson Publick (who does Hank and the Monarch, as well) voices him these days.

Loving the new half hour format, it really gives each member a chance at part of the storyline. Skwisgaar got left by the wayside this week though, i figured they'd at least tell him he had every STD in there is plus a few new ones.

Gotta love Toki's crazy delusional videos, even if they ARE totally non-Dethkloky (like Takin' it Easy)

Wrekt

I'm terrible at this type of thing but I just had to do it.

Toki.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This thread is disappointing...:(

I know Metalocalypse is no Venture Bros., but it's still damn good. I don't understand why there isn't more discussion about it here.

=/

Ridley327

"Murderface, your grandma needs a doctor!"

"Can't you just just let me enjoy this moment?"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seraphis Cain said:

I know Metalocalypse is no Venture Bros., but it's still damn good. I don't understand why there isn't more discussion about it here.

=/
I agree. I think Metalocolyspe is every bit as good and high quality as The Venture Brothers, but it's just playing to a smaller audience.

Aaron

Seraphis Cain said:

=/
It's just as good, but it's a lot harder to get into, and plays to a much more niche audience. Not everyone can stand this level of gore and metal.

Aaron said:
It's just as good, but it's a lot harder to get into, and plays to a much more niche audience. Not everyone can stand this level of gore and metal.
pussies!

Personally, after seeing his stand-up, then Home Movies, then Metalocalypse and seeing DethoKlok on tour, I'm convinced Brenndon Small is a fucking Genius.

Tamanon

Banned
I am so tempted to bust out the Rockso "I'm c-c-c, I'm c-c-c-cumming" on my girl just to see if she slugs me.:lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Just watched, Murder Face watching the upskirt in the opening had me laughin. Good ep, we need some more mental Toki tearing shit up though :D also thought Toki would have some how managed to get himself crucified when the cross fell on him :( that woulda be awesome.

Seraphis Cain said:

=/

In addition to the smaller audience, it's probably worth noting that there's less to talk about when it comes to Metalocalypse. VB's been spending its time creating a huge list of characters and constantly fleshing them out and making them deeper, and Metalocalypse doesn't really do that on the same level. Not that I'm trying to knock either show, they're both excellent in my book.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Had it's moments but I thought the episode was a bit weak overall.

Actually, I've felt S3 is hit and miss so far. First and third episode were fantastic, but the second and this (fourth) were a bit flat.

I didn't really like this past episode. It seems like there were so many things that should have happened. There was no new song, Toki should have beat up Rockso, and the ending seemed rushed. Now that the episodes are a half hour they definitely shouldn't feel rushed at the end.

EatChildren

Rewatching the episode and it shows to be very weak. So much so I'd have to say it's one of the weakest episodes of all. Has its moments but they're too few and far between, and ultimately just has too many ideas that went to waste and way too many rushed jokes and moments.

Which is a shame, as with 20minute long episodes like I'm cheated out of two episodes rather than one.

EatChildren said:
Rewatching the episode and it shows to be very weak. So much so I'd have to say it's one of the weakest episodes of all. Has its moments but they're too few and far between, and ultimately just has too many ideas that went to waste and way too many rushed jokes and moments.

Which is a shame, as with 20minute long episodes like I'm cheated out of two episodes rather than one.
I think you're crazy; Murderface and Nibbler in a bad christmas special is fucking hilarious. I also thought them joining their own cover band and it nearly killing them was better ideas they have had. So far, I think this season is much better because of the longer format. The best parts of the show are just the band dicking around having meetings, and you get much more of that now.

EatChildren

BobTheFork said:
I think you're crazy; Murderface and Nibbler in a bad christmas special is fucking hilarious. I also thought them joining their own cover band and it nearly killing them was better ideas they have had. So far, I think this season is much better because of the longer format. The best parts of the show are just the band dicking around having meetings, and you get much more of that now.

I agree. I love the first episode and the third episode the most as they have one simple theme to drive the whole episode, and is mostly them dicking around. The second episode I felt was a little weak, but only by comparison, and itself was still great.

This didn't impress me. When it was good it was, as usual, very good and hillarious. As I said it had its moments. But overall it was wasted potential. Rockso felt forced and cliche for most part, the mothers were totally underutalised especially their Christmas drinking, and Toki's flip-out was pretty much guarentied for the entire episode
(emphisis on his love of Christmas and secret Santa, his new-found regection of Rockso, and Rockso pinching the gifts)
yet fell flat in an event that wasn't even funny, outside of Murderface's call.

I still enjoyed it. It's Metalocalypse, how could I not? I just feel it was a pretty bland episode overall.

EatChildren said:
I agree. I love the first episode and the third episode the most as they have one simple theme to drive the whole episode, and is mostly them dicking around. The second episode I felt was a little weak, but only by comparison, and itself was still great.

This didn't impress me. When it was good it was, as usual, very good and hillarious. As I said it had its moments. But overall it was wasted potential. Rockso felt forced and cliche for most part, the mothers were totally underutalised especially their Christmas drinking, and Toki's flip-out was pretty much guarentied for the entire episode
(emphisis on his love of Christmas and secret Santa, his new-found regection of Rockso, and Rockso pinching the gifts)
yet fell flat in an event that wasn't even funny, outside of Murderface's call.

I still enjoyed it. It's Metalocalypse, how could I not? I just feel it was a pretty bland episode overall.
To each their own, I thought it was pretty diverse. I will point out that my favorite bit from the whole season was Toki and Squishgar playing each other in the cover band from ep 2.

Daigoro

EatChildren said:
Had it's moments but I thought the episode was a bit weak overall.

Actually, I've felt S3 is hit and miss so far. First and third episode were fantastic, but the second and this (fourth) were a bit flat.

i agree, but i thought Ep1 of this season was a big miss. the Toki cat episode was solid gold though, and the cover band Ep. didnt get to see all of the most recent Ep because of the stupid infomercial bullshit screwing up the DVR timers.

still a fantastic show. love it, and its superior to Venture Bros for me (i still love VB though).

Tamanon

Banned
I thought it was a good episode, but I'm not really a big Murderface fan in any large quantity. Sparingly he's alright to me, but Rockso saved it.

Wrekt

How do any of you actually find Dr. Rockso entertaining? They could have killed off his character in Birthday Dethday and he still would have been on my TV for far too long. Metalocalypse is probably my favorite show currently running but I can barely finish episodes that he is in.

Tamanon said:
I thought it was a good episode, but I'm not really a big Murderface fan in any large quantity. Sparingly he's alright to me, but Rockso saved it.

That's the problem, a little of him goes a long way which is why it feels like he's gotten the most focus this season. If there had been less Murderface in the previous episodes I would've enjoyed Dethmas a lot more, it was actually pretty fun to watch him morph from being...well, Murderface to going along with everything and really trying to make his special successful.T

The same overload problem applies to Toki, albiet to a much lesser degree. As I've been saying, 22 minutes of any one or two of them is just too much, but 5 minutes of each would be perfect.

Also, I'm freaking sick of Rockso too, although I can appreciate it when they pull a joke on he viewer by taunting us with Toki beating his ass only to get crushed by a crucifix.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Can you watch episodes of this online? I think I forgot to set my DVR for the ep last Sunday but I'm behind a web filter and can't check for myself.

Aaron

Wrekt said:
How do any of you actually find Dr. Rockso entertaining? They could have killed off his character in Birthday Dethday and he still would have been on my TV for far too long. Metalocalypse is probably my favorite show currently running but I can barely finish episodes that he is in.
I feel exactly the same. He's basically the only character I hate. Give me a full ep of Toki or Murderface or any of the band, but that clown has to go.

EatChildren

Latest episode was good and makes up for the weak Christmas episode.

I'm still not feeling Season 3 though. What the fuck is Small and co doing with the music? The Christmas special had nothing new and this only had Skwisgaar's song. It's essentially 4 'old' episodes without a song, when pretty much every single one of those did something. Really bummed in that regard.

Wrekt

Toki and Pickles beating the crap out of Murderface was just perfect. I don't know why but I can't stop laughing every time Toki talks to Pickles. He takes the S off of Pickles and adds it to every other word.

"Whys donts we says it Pickle?"

Fonds

This season is really shaping up to be very non-metal.
If I'm not mistaking i've heard 3-4 original songs... of which 1 was was metal.

EatChildren

Fonds said:
This season is really shaping up to be very non-metal.
If I'm not mistaking i've heard 3-4 original songs... of which 1 was was metal.

There's been three 'Dethklok' songs, the "Tonight we're going to watch money commit suicide" song from the first episode, the song they play when they're in their own cover band in the second episode, and the "Castration is cool" song from the third episode.

They were good, and I like the silly songs thrown in (Toki usually has one), but considering each episode is two old episodes long I feel we're being a bit cheated. Especially since it's been two full episodes now without a single Dethklok performance.

Wrekt said:
Toki and Pickles beating the crap out of Murderface was just perfect. I don't know why but I can't stop laughing every time Toki talks to Pickles. He takes the S off of Pickles and adds it to every other word.

"Whys donts we says it Pickle?"
That's literally my favorite thing about the show. I lose it when he calls him PICKLE.

Daigoro

hells yes. havent seen the show in what seems like forever.

was the last bit a mini season, or did my DVR just decide to stop recording them?

looking forward to new Metalocalypse. been feeling like its time to go back and watch all of the old eps too. great show.

NGAMER9

This episode's been alright so far. It's missing the funniest characters imo (Nathan mainly) and it just feels different for some reason.

Edit: Just ended, pretty underwhelming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
NGAMER9 said:
This episode's been alright so far. It's missing the funniest characters imo (Nathan mainly) and it just feels different for some reason.

You know what's different?

Nobody died in a horribly violent fashion.

Lame.

(Good episode though. Not great, but it had it's moments.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom