• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

Jb

rsz_metroxfuu6.jpg

Gameplay demo from MS' presser (High Quality version from Gamersyde).
Confirmed for PC (Steam & Win 10), Xbox One and PS4.

Fantastic news for anyone who enjoys a good moody single player FPS or Fallout fans looking for something new :)
This is the 3rd entry in the Metro franchise after 2033 and Last Light.

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

I'm just ferrying our producer over to Twitch for an interview where we can share more detail, but just to be clear - we're a Metro game with some huge, open, non linear levels. But we're not one big open world. We think we have the best of both :)

Toa Axis

I read that as "Metroid" and my heart skipped a beat.

Still, the Metro series is very good, and I'm glad to see another.

Cels

sick.

i think the lady on the train shouted ARTYOM to the player character at the end of the trailer too

Breakaway

Definitely on board with this. Last Light ended up being one of my favorite shooters from last gen, primarily due to the stealth gameplay. I'm actually replaying it right now.

PnCIa

Keep your Stalker 2 pants on a little longer. This sounds and looks more like a Crysis approach to level design imo.

HKA6A7

THE HYPE.
CANT CONTROL IT!!

I hope they go full circle and make Exodus closer to Stalker than Far Cry.

Keep your Stalker 2 pants on a little longer. This sounds and looks more like a Crysis approach to level design imo.

Not a bad idea, if that's the case.

AJ_Wings

So judging from the trailer & description they provided, we're gonna get a mix of linear levels of dungeons & metro stations with multiple hub worlds depicting different weather conditions? I'm interested.

It's a Metro game so I'll buy it anyway but I'm curious how they'll tackle mission & level design once they go open world.

StereoVsn

So when they say Windows 10, does that mean UWP instead of Steam/GoG/Origin/Whatever? If so that will be unfortunate.

ghostjoke

Banned
Please be STALKER open world, not Fallout 4 or Ubi open world. This series deserves the chance to take up STALKER's mantle.

wamberz1

Kinda disappointing at open world to be honest, I'd rather keep my stalker and metro separate, but hyped nontheless cause ITS FUCKING METRO

Top Bottom