• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

scitek

Can practically smell that shit:

metro_2014_08_26_12_283stw.png

Newboi

For whatever reason I can't get physx to run on the GPU when I run Metro 2033 Redux. I tried uninstalling my current version of physx then installing the latest version, but I'm still having the same issue.

Does anyone else know a fix for this?

RedAssedApe

Banned
sad panda. i never played the originals but i prefer 2033 to redux. screenshots above don't give me the impression of a "dead city"...just looks like a good old fashioned snow level.

yeah i've never played the games so i don't know the context haha

Redux's wasteland is way better. The brighter, literally nuclear winter visuals are such a stark contrast from the underground metro sections, but it's just as grimy and desolate on top of being even more dangerous. It was a good change.

SparkTR

Do we know the differences between Last Light Redux and the original PC version? All I'm hearing about is 2033. Is the difference worth $12 for LL, considering they're both on the same engine?

RoKKeR

Well this thing isn't exactly tearing up the charts on the Xbone store yet. Wonder if this will be a slow burner/word of mouth type ordeal when it comes to sales on consoles. If I remember LL did fairly well in it's first month or so, I'll be interested to see how Redux does.

TK Turk

Banned
Can anybody explain what the red things I find around the maps are? When I pick them up, I get no symbol telling me what they are. Are they the safe keys? For instance, I've found them on dead soldiers, and one on a telephone.

Also, I've picked up ammo that appears to be an arrow, but I don't have a bow. Do I get a bow later?

x3sphere

Do we know the differences between Last Light Redux and the original PC version? All I'm hearing about is 2033. Is the difference worth $12 for LL, considering they're both on the same engine?

From what I gather no, it's not worth buying Last Light Redux if you already own the original.

How are you guys even playing the PC version? I've been trying all day just to get to the main menu. It crashes to desktop after the intro video.

x3sphere

How are you guys even playing the PC version? I've been trying all day just to get to the main menu. It crashes to desktop after the intro video.

I ran into this with both of my monitors connected. Had to turn one of them off. Not sure if that's your issue, but just throwing that out there.

DOWN

Banned
california/los angeles lmao

lot of the screens just look too clean compared to the original. i mean other than the toppled over stuff...that snow scene looks kind of pretty to me haha

ah, of course you wouldn't recognize that snow shouldn't look like that irl unless it's in a DEAD CITY

Good ol' LA

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Wanna change my fov, what's a good number for a 1080p resolution? Seems like it would be 60 in the actual config. Would really appreciate any fov comparison shots

Also, 2033 seems to have stuttering issues when loading/going into new areas. Goes away after like 2 minutes or so.

xBladeM6x

Wanna change my fov, what's a good number for a 1080p resolution? Seems like it would be 60 in the actual config. Would really appreciate any fov comparison shots

Also, 2033 seems to have stuttering issues when loading/going into new areas. Goes away after like 2 minutes or so.

Mine's 55. Seems to be pretty good. I know 59 is the equivalent to 90 in most other games.

Just played like 2 hours of 2033 Redux, game is super fun, I'm actually having a lot better time now then when I played 2033 originally on 360 and PC, it's looks fantastic too, the tessalation on everything is just insane.

Newboi

Besides the Physx in this game being relegated to the CPU regardless of setting, I have incredibly weird micro-stuttering/frame pacing issues while playing this game unless I set SSAA to 0.5. If SSAA is off or set higher than 0.5, I get frequent micro-stuttering. If I set SSAA to 0.5, I get a perfect 60fps. I have absolutely no idea why this is?

eshwaaz

Can anybody explain what the red things I find around the maps are? When I pick them up, I get no symbol telling me what they are. Are they the safe keys? For instance, I've found them on dead soldiers, and one on a telephone.

Also, I've picked up ammo that appears to be an arrow, but I don't have a bow. Do I get a bow later?
Yes, the red things are safe keys. Didn't realize that at first either.

Sober

Are the safe keys new/LL addition? I played like up to the railcar segment in the original and I don't remember even stumbling across a safe or keys.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Best Buy is killing me. They didn't have this and their entire PS4 and New Release sections are fucking empty as usual.

My PS4 copy is waiting for me at the game shop. Everyone enjoying this so far?

Also, which should I play first and how do they differ?

I played roughly a third of Last Light on PS3 when it was a free PS+ game and loved what I played...but I'm not sure if I should start with that or go for 2033?

Decisions! HELP!

Just played 2033 for a couple hours and I'm loving it so far! The game looks great, and I always get easily immersed in games with post apocalyptic settings; I really love exploring those types of worlds. I can't wait to play more tomorrow

MattyG

Banned
Someone needs to help me verify something: I have the PC version of 2033 Redux. When I uploaded screens for the first time, it said that the "application was still private" and that my screens wouldn't be public until a creator or admin made the app public. And when I go to my profile, the game is not listed in my owned games. Even when I go to a friends profile who I know owns it, it's not in THEIR list either.

Can anyone else on PC see it in their profile? I don't think it's just me, because even when I sign out and go to my friends profile, it's not there.

Edit: just checked on the mobile app and now I can see it. Weird.

Edit 2: aaaaaaand nevermind. It shows up in one place, but nowhere else. I have a feeling that it's still recognized as a prerelease game or something weird on the Steam database.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The image quality is very impressive on PS4. High res textures everywhere with good AF and one of the best post process AA solutions I've seen so far.

HiiiLife

Damn I can't decide between this or Diablo.

Its a damn shame most of my games (and I'm anticipating the Halo Collection) on current gen are remasters.

For those who are familiar with 2033, what weapons would you recommend using? I just made it to the
Market
and have been mainly using the
Duplet
. I also found the
Tihar
, but haven't adjusted to having to pump it all the time.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
For those who are familiar with 2033, what weapons would you recommend using? I just made it to the
Market
and have been mainly using the
Duplet
. I also found the
Tihar
, but haven't adjusted to having to pump it all the time.

I don't like em cause of the pumping, but usually stuck with a stealthed out weapon(mostly pistol), shotty, then a machine gun.

Top Bottom