• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread Trailer | Nintendo E3 2021

kunonabi

The worst thing about Fusion is the level design. There are just way too many bomb this specific wall or area to progress moments. It feels like every time you start to get moving it throws another one of those at you to arbitrarily hinder your progress. Overall, I think Zero Mission is the most fun and Super is the most interesting and iconic.
Nothing about Fusion works really. I'd still take it over Zero Mission but I cant stand either in all honesty.

killatopak

Come October and November and we feasting.

QYgkwXV.jpg

Porcile

Come at me boys

1. Super Metroid
2. Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime
4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
5. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6. Metroid: Samus Returns
7. Metroid: Fusion
8. Metroid: Other M
9. Metroid
10. Metroid Prime Pinball
11. Metroid II: Return of Samus
12. Metroid Prime: Federation Force
13. Metroid Prime: Hunters

I am hoping Dread sits below Super but I don't have much expectation for Prime. Probably above or below Samus Returns. Should be a solid Top 10 when all is said and done.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Come at me boys

1. Super Metroid
2. Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime
9. Metroid

I am hoping Dread sits below Super but I don't have much expectation for Prime. Probably above or below Samus Returns. Should be a solid Top 10 when all is said and done.
I place Fusion higher, other than that though that's pretty spot on.

Andyliini

Mine:

1. Zero Mission
2. Fusion
3. Prime
4. Other M
5. Corruption
6. Samus Returns
7. Echoes
8. Super
9. Federation Force
10. Hunters
11. Return of Samus
12. Metroid
13. Pinball

kunonabi

1. Super Metroid
2. Other M
3. Prime
4. Metroid
5. Return of Samus

Huge drop

6. Pinball
7. Echoes
8. Fusion
9. Zero Mission
10. Corruption
11. Samus Returns
12. Hunters
13. Federation Force

Jeeves

1. Super Metroid
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. Metroid Fusion
  4. Metroid Prime
  5. Metroid: Samus Returns
  6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  7. Metroid: Zero Mission
  9. Metroid
  10. Metroid Prime Hunters
I never played the spinoffs and barely played Metroid II, so I didn't include them. The top three are in a class of their own, and then there's another big gap gap below 7.

mcjmetroid

Come at me boys

1. Super Metroid
2. Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime
9. Metroid

I'm very close to you.

I never took to fusion as much as other people did, thought zero mission was wayyyy better.

I didn't play pinball or federation force or samus returns but I wouldn't say they'd sent my list much

carlosrox

Banned
So clearly the Chozo have always been an allusion to the Annunaki from Sumeria and/or Space Jockeys (before they were known as the Engineers in Prometheus).

The Engineers from Prometheus are pretty much the same as well. Based on the Annunaki. The Heiroglyphs shown in Dread also festure some Gold, something the Annunaki were apparently interested in because it helped with space travel.

I hope Dread gets into more Ancient Alien type story stuff. We know the Chozo created the Metroids, would be cool if like Star Gate and Prometheus that the Chozo were also responsible for mankind. And now they want to destroy them.

Look familiar?
annunaki_by_funaaba_d3eg4lg-fullview.jpg

I'd love if the Chozo in Dread was all Ra/Engineer.

Good God this scene is so good. Love how it goes into abandonment issues as well. "Why do you hate us??" Man met their creators, and they were disappointed. So good.

I also get the feeling that Dread gets some of its visual identity from this movie. I feel like it has a similar color tone with the grayish blues.

Fucking do it Nintendo. You know you want to. I just love when Metroid goes full Alien. Other M had total James Horner music in it and it was wonderful.

ALWAYS GO FULL ALIEN! 🥰 I love how they were like "fuck it, just go full Aliens with this track".

SOUND FAMILIAR?? 🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:

kunonabi

So I've been playing Metroid Prime and it's cool and controls well on the Wii, but it feels really repetetive. Think I'm going to jump to the sequel without completing it.

I think Dread looks fine and it feels good to get a proper 2D version on a home console.
Prime has pacing issues to be sure but the sequel is a way bigger slog.

Kerotan

Wait was metroid always a 2d side scroller like oddworld or is this just a spin off? I always thought it was a proper 3d game for some reason.

carlosrox

Banned
Ps. EMMI and the way it behaves is clearly an homage to Alien Isolation and not the newer RE games.

I don't need to tell you why ALIEN was the influence and not RE do I? Obvious series influence aside, the EMMI just behaves a lot more like the Alien from Isolation than it does Mr X or the Nemesis.

Let's give Alien Isolation a little more credit for really starting the stalking enemy trend.

Porcile

So I've been playing Metroid Prime and it's cool and controls well on the Wii, but it feels really repetetive. Think I'm going to jump to the sequel without completing it.

I think Dread looks fine and it feels good to get a proper 2D version on a home console.

Prime 3 is the most enjoyable and balanced of the Prime games. I think people love Prime 1 more for what it achieved at the time and the incredibly high standards it set for the series right out of the gates. Also the atmosphere at times is just incredible and better than Prime 3 in that regard.

The Skull

The worst thing about Fusion is the level design. There are just way too many bomb this specific wall or area to progress moments. It feels like every time you start to get moving it throws another one of those at you to arbitrarily hinder your progress. Overall, I think Zero Mission is the most fun and Super is the most interesting and iconic.
Same. While I love fusion, it's way too hand holdy. Super is GOAT followed by zero mission.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Metroid Dread is finally coming out this October after over 15 years of rumors and speculation! With an E3 trailer, Nintendo Treehouse Stream, and Development History video, we're going to analyze it all! Going through Samus's new suit, maps, locations, creatures, ruins, the Central Units, the E.M.M.I. robots, Samu's new gear, abilities, and finally the story and the Chozo's involvement in it.

0:00 Intro
0:55 Samu's New Suit
2:10 Map & Locations
6:34 Creatures & Ruins
7:50 Central Units
9:17 E.M.M.I.
12:53 Gear & Abilities
16:09 Story & Chozo
19:51 Wrap-Up

Top Bottom