• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

My favourite games of the 3D generations but not sure I can stomach SD on my 55". Seriously tempted though....

Have you tried playing Wii games on the Wii U? Output is a bit cleaner through HDMI than with the Wii's component cables. I recently played Galaxy 2 on my 50'' 1080p TV and thought it looked alright.

javac

Prime 1 and 3 together will still give you 25+ hours of AAA A++ 9.5+/10 gameplay by themselves. For $10, definitely bite.

I don't think I should skip the 2nd game or not complete it before moving on...its in my nature to do everything in order to its entirety! 25 hours isn't too much I guess, I hate super long games lol. I've never played a Metroid game, but I own quite a few of them. Hopefully I end up enjoying this if I get it but I'm not sure yet.

I don't think I should skip the 2nd game or not complete it before moving on...its in my nature to do everything in order to its entirety! 25 hours isn't too much I guess, I hate super long games lol. I've never played a Metroid game, but I own quite a few of them. Hopefully I end up enjoying this if I get it but I'm not sure yet.

I meant 1 and 3 together will likely give you over 25 hours. Each individual game will probably take you 12-20 hours for a blind playthrough, though Echoes will be the longest due to it's difficulty.

Pila

These games are so good that I'm not even mad thinking about the fact that I bought them already, paying big monies ^^ they were worth it.

You have to play them, I don't give a shit if you don't like the wiimote, try these and tell me they don't play good with that thing. Best wiimote usage of all times, best 3D level design I can think of, total masterpieces.

Robin64

1. Rename downloaded save to "data.bin"

2. Paste the save into this folder on the SD Card (create these folders if you don't have them)
private/wii/title/r3me ["r3me" is for the NTSC version, not sure what the game ID is for other regions]

3. On the Wii U, transfer from the SD Card to the Wii memory

Sucks about the friend vouchers but this is pretty smart.

It's r3mp for Europe.

Soodanim

If it helps anyone, I found that I liked the controls of 1 and 2 better once I made them more like the Gamecube versions by locking the aiming when you lock on. I think I changed something else too, but I don't remember what that was so you all read this sentence for nothing.

Garcian

1. Rename downloaded save to "data.bin"

2. Paste the save into this folder on the SD Card (create these folders if you don't have them)
private/wii/title/r3me ["r3me" is for the NTSC version, not sure what the game ID is for other regions]

3. On the Wii U, transfer from the SD Card to the Wii memory

Sucks about the friend vouchers but this is pretty smart.

It's r3mp for Europe.

Many thanks to both of you, very helpful :)

Caayn

Will buy it, again.

Does anyone know if the games are now displayed full screen? When playing the disc version the edges of my screen remain black.

Galileo

Neo Member
Going to buy this as soon as I get back home, I wish i could start playing it immediately but I don't like going through multiple games at the same time so it'll have to wait until i finish ZombiU :(

KaneU

I wanna buy this even though I still don't own a Wii U yet.

Is there an online web store in Europe like the one in US?

Kouriozan

This game at 10€ is just crazy value, I hope more people who missed it on Gamecube/Wii will have the chance to play it now.

I will buy this but it's a bit disappointing bad that you can't play it on the gamepad with gamepad controls. It's probably going to look hideous on a 1080p TV :/

Madao

Better load times, that's about it.

they edited out a swear by the admiral and changed some cutscenes.

they also removed most of the sequence breaks.

Will buy it, again.

Does anyone know if the games are now displayed full screen? When playing the disc version the edges of my screen remain black.

that's how the game is rendered. it will be the same here.

Robin64

Will buy it, again.

That's just because you have your Wii U set to a HD resolution and 480 doesn't quite go into those nicely so you get small black bars at the top and bottom. If you set your U to 480p first, which is a bit of a pain, it'll fill the screen.

Seiniyta

Come on NOE, get it on the Store already. Sigh, it's really going to be around 15/16 CET it's going to be on it, no?

*sighs

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I must have missed something, did they only just announce this? Metroid Prime is one of the most special games I have ever played, is this version any upgrade from the Gamecube original?

I would genuinely consider getting a Wii-U for this.

Doczu

Gold Member
Come on NOE, get it on the Store already. Sigh, it's really going to be around 15/16 CET it's going to be on it, no?

*sighs

I don't know what's more important. Pumping iron after work, or wasting space pirates after work? :(

-Horizon-

I must have missed something, did they only just announce this? Metroid Prime is one of the most special games I have ever played, is this version any upgrade from the Gamecube original?

I would genuinely consider getting a Wii-U for this.
This was announced in the last direct.

And some of the changes in the Trilogy from the wiki page
The updated Wii versions of Prime and Echoes, which were released separately in Japan as part of the New Play Control! series, utilize the same Wii Remote control scheme introduced in Corruption. Other updates include shorter load times, upgraded textures, bloom lighting, altered visual effects, and 16:9 widescreen capabilities;however, the heads-up display is always displayed at the original aspect ratio, causing it to be stretched horizontally when in widescreen mode.
Definitely worth it imo. All 3 games bundled for $10.

Gambit

This re-release has pushed me to finally start Corruption again. I only ever played about two hours of it before moving on (even though I enjoyed it a lot).

It's always been a shame of mine that I never finished it, despite LOVING Prime 1 and 2. I think it's because what draws me to Metroid are the alien environments and the space station populated with humans, same as the first planet, never really gave me that thrill. But of course these are just the starting areas.

Anyway, just started Corruption again and fought a Berserkerer. I think I will stick with it this time.

Robin64

This game a wii remote and nunchuck will be £64 total though So not overly sure is worth if.

A Wiimote and a nunchuck are sensible things to have as a Wii U owner anyway, mind. Might as well!

(And yes, £64 is worth it for three of the best games ever made)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This was announced in the last direct.

And some of the changes in the Trilogy from the wiki page

Definitely worth it imo. All 3 games bundled for $10.

Damn, and I traded in my Wii-remote and Nunchuck a few weeks ago.

walnuts

I own the trilogy for Wii physically, and still have to play Corruption.

For those who couldn't get it, buy it now, for 10 dollars/euros is a great bargain. It's worth having it. Even if I haven't played all the games, the first Prime is a masterpiece and one of my favorite games of all times.

The only inconvenient I would give the game, is the compulsory use of the Wiimote + Nunchuck, no chance of using the pro or classic controller. I think they had to give the chance to the user to choose which controller to choose.

jimi_dini

Can anyone please tell me if buying those on top of the physical release will give you 250 stars in Europe? That would be a reason for me to double dip :p

For the people who keep saying they're tempted to buy it. I mean come on, it's 10 freaking dollars for three metroid games, what do you have to lose? Not being able to buy an indie game instead?* Dispel your hesitation.

*Support indie games AFTER buying the trilogy.

Risgroo

This re-release has pushed me to finally start Corruption again. I only ever played about two hours of it before moving on (even though I enjoyed it a lot).

It's always been a shame of mine that I never finished it, despite LOVING Prime 1 and 2. I think it's because what draws me to Metroid are the alien environments and the space station populated with humans, same as the first planet, never really gave me that thrill. But of course these are just the starting areas.

Anyway, just started Corruption again and fought a Berserkerer. I think I will stick with it this time.

Corruption has some fantastic areas to explore once you clear the first planet, which shouldn't take too long.

Hasney

For the people who keep saying they're tempted to buy it. I mean come on, it's 10 freaking dollars for three metroid games, what do you have to lose? Not being able to buy an indie game instead?* Dispel your hesitation.

*Support indie games AFTER buying the trilogy.

The only thing stopping me is the fact that I put down Metroid Prime 3 after a couple of hours because I hate using that bloody pointer in anything. But still, for £10, I might anyway just to support Metroid getting good sales.

Robin64

The HUD is stretched in widescreen? That doesn't sound good.

6.jpg

Woffls

Definitely buying this even though I have Prime 1, 2 and 3 on their original platforms... and I replayed them all about a month ago :| Shame I didn't wait, but oh well.

Gambit

Corruption has some fantastic areas to explore once you clear the first planet, which shouldn't take too long.

Good. Glad to hear it. Though it was to be expected. I think another 30 mins and I will be as fas as I had been last time.

BTW how long is Corruption for a regular playthrough, not 100%?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I even considering triple dipping... Already own the three games standalone and Trilogy.

It's great that people are playing these for the first time though. All three games are fantastic.

Top Bottom