• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Have the physical copy, but for $10 it's very tempting to double dip. Only thing is I'd probably be buying it "just to have" as opposed to I want to replay this right now.

If I knew these digital games would transfer right over to Nintendo's next system I'd jump on it.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
6.jpg
Huh, that does look stretched.

Piccoro

I didn't read any of the thread because I've never played any game of the Prime series! and I want zero spoilers.
Oh, I'm so happy! I just wish that I could download the game through a webstore so the game would already be installed when I get home...
Oh well, never mind, because tonight after work, for just 9 € I'll be playing the freaking Prime trilogy!!!!!

So, once again, I'll be playing this for the first time in my life, and most of you don't so...
YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
tumblr_monk0kmp0o1s6cc90o1_500.gif

Phoenixus

Have the physical copy, but for $10 it's very tempting to double dip. Only thing is I'd probably be buying it "just to have" as opposed to I want to replay this right now.

If I knew these digital games would transfer right over to Nintendo's next system I'd jump on it.

Nintendo have the best track record of bringing older digital purchases to new hardware, so they probably will.

Axass

After replaying Prime and playing for the first time Prime 2 last year, I'm going to start Prime 3 soon (I've got the physical collection though). Can't wait!

This has me excited, but no Pro controller support and stretched visuals? Eh.

Might hunt down a GameCube.

You won't find Metroid Prime 3 on the GC.

Besides this is the best use of motion controls in the history of motion controls*.

*together with Pikmin, Pikmin 2 & Pikmin 3.

Sanjuro

Only the HUD is stretched. The rest of the game is properly formatted.

Oh? I've been hearing conflicting things I guess then.

After replaying Prime and playing for the first time Prime 2 last year, I'm going to start Prime 3 soon (I've got the physical collection though). Can't wait!

You won't find Metroid Prime 3 on the GC.

Besides this is the best use of motion controls in the history of motion controls*.

*together with Pikmin, Pikmin 2 & Pikmin 3.

I absolutely despised Metroid Prime 3. I remember getting it from the Nintendo rep early at my old job, and just being disappointed at everything at a rapid pace. Loved LOVED the quiet ambiance of Prime.

Feel like enough time has passed to give it another go.

Chuckpebble

I don't know if bookmarking rooms on the map was a feature added to all 3 games on the trilogy, but I used that feature for Echoes and finished the game on Wii when I never could on GameCube. True story.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Finished prime for the first time on my physical trilogy last year. About an hour into echoes. I'm excited to start playing again with you all as you grab the digital. Then maybe another hiatus before I play corruption again.

I'm gonna try to pick this up today or tomorrow. Loved Super Metroid when I played it last year, and although I didn't get far in it, my brief playtime with Corruption when it came out was memorable.

Sporad

Neo Member
Prime is in my top five of all time but for some reason back in the day, I could never get on with Echoes and never completed it. Looking forward to giving it another go, does it hold up as well as the first?

Sanjuro

Prime is in my top five of all time but for some reason back in the day, I could never get on with Echoes and never completed it. Looking forward to giving it another go, does it hold up as well as the first?

It's like an average sequel in comparison to the original. I always liked it to a degree.

andthebeatgoeson

Might punk out and do easy mode to plow thru quickly. I'm building up too much of a Wii u back log.

I can't find this game on the e shop. Still gives me punch out at 9.99. Screw that game.

Axass

Yes and no. The gameplay is still mostly the same, so it holds up. The level design is a step back from Prime though, I didn't really like the two worlds mechanic (this is quite a personal observation though) and the brownish graphics are kind of a turn off after the wonderful glacial landscapes, lush forests and fiery lava pits of Prime.

Shahadan

Are we gonna endure again a hundred of posts asking about the gamepad? Use your brain and/or read the op.

I'd rather whine about the lack of space on my Wii U ;_;
I need to buy a hdd, especially since half my 32gb is taken by the OS and the various game updates.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
IMO Metroid Prime is close to perfection and being the most atmospheric game ever created, and it's insane you can pick it up with its sequels for that price.

I know Corruption got a lot of flak here but it really has some quite memorable sequences and the score has its moments. It's not a perfect 10 like MP1 but really is quite good.

Africanus

I want everyone to give a big thanks to the Nintendo DDP which just brought my e-shop credit to:
$10.01
Getting this game finally!

For everyone curious about Prime 3, it's a solid game. Not as great as the first two, but if you love the series, it'll definitely give you plenty of that metroid feeling you crave. The first couple hours are weak, but it definitely picks up and comes into its own after the intro is over. Another bummer is that the game's divided into cordoned off sections, so instead of one giant interlocking jigsaw puzzle, you get a handful of tinier ones. Despite the downsides, at the end of the day, it's still a Metroid Prime title, and the last worthy installment we received in the whole franchise to date.

nordique

This is perfect. I haven't played through the troilogy since each of the titles came out in their respective years....so it will be fresh for me. Can't believe I haven't touched Prime since '02

Ashler

We need a freaking web based EU Nintendo e-Shop, STAT!

The WiiU can already download recently pushed software updates, so this would be very appreciated.

Top Bottom