• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns previews and New 3DS XL edition revealed

Samus Edition New Nintendo #3DS XL hardware arrives 9/15 at select retailers, just in time for #Metroid: Samus Returns!

DGtKoaVXcAAVxcl.jpg

DGtKowdXsAA3oMS.jpg

DGtKpOFXkAU39Lt.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Seeing metroid get so much attention (2 games, amiibo, limited edition and ow the exclusivey 3ds) is really good

Maximo

The Kinda Funny video is hard to watch at the start nothing but amiibo talk with the person telling what each amiibo does and how excited they are.

blueredandgold

Neo Member
The amount of Metroid fans fainting from the sight of this is going to be off-set by the ones waking up from their comas after waiting for a new game where you play as Samus for so long and then hearing this news read to them aloud by family members

Balb

The last time Nintendo/NoA gave this kind of treatment to one of their less popular franchises was with Fire Emblem Awakening and it turned into an "A"-level franchise for them. Wonder if the same thing will happen with Metroid.

LAA

I think even if I really liked the design I couldn't get it at this stage, I at least like it and appreciate they did it, but not as good as a zelda design would be, should have kept it more simplistic, just orange on the front and yellow at the back. Maybe a screw attack symbol on it or a morph ball.

Nbz

So the Giant Bomb Unfinished shows them loading before the Metroid fight implying that this game uses checkpoints and not save rooms. Didn't expect Nintendo to allow that change since they are so mired in tradition when it comes to games like this, but its a welcome change for sure

KingBroly

Banned
So the Giant Bomb Unfinished shows them loading before the Metroid fight implying that this game uses checkpoints and not save rooms. Didn't expect Nintendo to allow that change since they are so mired in tradition when it comes to games like this, but its a welcome change for sure

They did that in Prime 3 for the final boss, and in Other M. But in reality, they're just throwing stuff against the wall.

Plum

Both the game and console look amazing. Feels surreal to see Metroid being given such great treatment from modern day Nintendo.

Could be a mixture of both. Save rooms/points for general gameplay then a checkpoint before every boss battle.

Top Bottom