• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns previews and New 3DS XL edition revealed

nubbe

wRBsSdk.png

emb

Aw, was really hoping for a special 2DSXL to go along with the game, already have a n3DS XL. This special edition does look really nice though.

Hopefully the previews are good. Probably won't watch since I'll be playing the game soon anyway, but I'm not seeing any overwhelmingly negative opinions quoted, so that's probably a good sign.

Toxi

Banned
Aw, was really hoping for a special 2DSXL to go along with the game, already have a n3DS XL. This special edition does look really nice though.

Hopefully the previews are good. Probably won't watch since I'll be playing the game soon anyway, but I'm not seeing any overwhelmingly negative opinions quoted, so that's probably a good sign.
Previews are very good so far. Mirror of Fate this isn't.

KodaRuss

I watched a video from UrAvgConsumer and his was not impressed with the 2DS XL. Kinda turned me off of it. I think I might bite on this one if I can find it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What I find curious in the previews so far is that everyone seems to be loving the 3D, even those who generally don't use it. Such odd timing with the release of the N2DSXL.

As much as I'd love it, I still have the $99 black friday 3ds. Well, that and besides Metroid all I use mine for is Picross. Looks cool though.

yuoke

Banned
My best guess is the $249.99 - $279.99, only cuz Metroid will be a download code within it, 3DS is outta production, and people will gobble this up easily because of the Metroid design.

Game doesn't come with it, it would say on the box.

So it will be $199.99

Newboi

For folks with 3DS or 2DS systems, is there a prefered SD card brand and type for the system? Are the new models compatible with 64GB and 128GB SD cards, or would I need to format cards that large? Lastly, are games large enough to necessitate cards larger than 32GB?

RootCause

My best guess is the $249.99 - $279.99, only cuz Metroid will be a download code within it, 3DS is outta production, and people will gobble this up easily because of the Metroid design.

Game doesn't come with it, it would say on the box.

So it will be $199.99
Hmmm... think I'm going to pass on this. Even though I love Metroid. It's just so late in the game, and I already own two LE. :/

This won't be retail exclusive, right?

TheGrue

I am conflicted. I haven't touched my new 3DS (Monster Hunter edition) since I got my Switch, but damn I want that sexy Metroid 3DS.

Dranakin

I've switched my 3DS twice now (launch 3DS > Pokémon XY 3DS XL > New 3DS XL). I'm very tempted to do a third time for this model.

Jeff-DSA

Looks great. I'll grab it and hand down my 3DS XL to my kids. Should be the last 3DS model I own.

Samus Returns is looking solid. I'm really excited for it.

Top Bottom