• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns previews and New 3DS XL edition revealed

Out of curiosity, is there any indication that this game is playable with the D-pad rather than the Circle Pad? I know the new 360-degree free-aiming makes this look like a Circle Pad game, but... the one on my old 3DS XL decided today would be a good day to break off, so I have reason to wonder.

(Just when I was telling myself, "No need to feel tempted by a stylish New 3DS XL when your old workhorse hasn't shown a sign of age...")

Are we sure this isn't exclusive to McDonald's?

M3tVSva.jpg

My God the game sounds amazing and has been my most wanted at every E3 since 2011. That 3DS is hot as well.

Unfortunately, mine was recently stolen (along with my entire library) so that kind of killed my initial hype. . I can't really talk myself into getting the Metroid 3DS since all of my games our gone and I wanna concentrate on saving money for the Switch. I think I've got a friend that's going to loan me his though so I should at least be able to do a few playthroughs.

Fucking thieves.

Servbot24

Banned
Character designs appearing on cases has always seemed really tacky to me tbh

Not to mention the McDonalds color scheme... definite pass for me

Aranjah

Normally not a color scheme I'd use, but it looks pretty good, and if I didn't already have a 3DS I'd get it. Wish there were faceplates. Kinda sucks that Nintendo has basically backed off of those.

I already have a New 3DS XL. I'm fine I don't need it. Perfectly content with my Fates 3DS. I'm fine.

I don't need it...I don't need it...I definitely don't need it...I don't need it...

Novocaine

If this doesn't come out in Australia, can I buy a US one, set it to my region and transfer my current 3DS data on to it?

I actually went to order this via the Gamestop site today and found that they charge shipping no matter what. Hard pass for me. Maybe I'll stop in the store and see about orders there. Honestly not sure I'd want this for $200 vs a (hopefully) $100 2DS XL around Black Friday...

I only really want one for Metroid, Goodbye BoxBoy, and as a bit of a time capsule for my kids someday. Goddamnit... I guess I'll just pass on this.

GameStop is taking pre-orders in store now. I just pre-ordered mine and they mentioned that they were only allowing 3 pre-orders at their store so I assume there is a limit and it probably varies from store to store.

yuoke

Banned
GameStop is taking pre-orders in store now. I just pre-ordered mine and they mentioned that they were only allowing 3 pre-orders at their store so I assume there is a limit and it probably varies from store to store.

Just went to the one by me and they said the same thing, just a few preorders. Glad you said this because I might have not went soon enough.

Shiggy

Just 4000 units for France (assuming they get 30% of the European allocation, that's just 13500 units for Europe. Still better than the Metroid Legacy Edition, where the French market supposedly only got 1500 units.

Agent713

Thanks for the heads up. Got one pre-ordered. Don't know if I will keep it, but it looks good and Samus needs more love out here.

Rayis

The fact that people buy multiple 3DS systems because they each have a different graphic printed on it will never not be crazy for me.

Top Bottom