• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

RaikuHebi

Banned
Kojima is trying to make it easy for me to skip MGS5 huh?

Snakkke.jpg

for the PS version or Im staying out.

What is this from?

Nutter

I think it's because, when you look at sales, Metal Gear fans are mostly on PlayStation. Even when XBox got Substance, PS2 for it later with more content. Just don't be shocked when people want to get this on PS consoles and aren't getting all the content and complain. The whole reveal has been a little bit grating to people in how it's been handled in some cases - from Moby Dick Studios (what happened to that thing?), to Sutherland/Hayter Switcheroo, to the complete misunderstanding of the games being split, but not split, but split, to the gameplay that is shown, to the sheer confusion over the product.

I'm more offended at two sets of different exclusive content, if I'm honest. Make the content available to all.

The vast majority of the Bungie fans are on 'Xbox' and yet Playstation is getting extra content for Destiny. Both cases are where the developer wants to create a new fanbase on the other platform.

jbug617

Banned
Since there is more info to come out this week. I expect a brand new look of the PS exclusive mission from the PS Blog tomorrow.

Who says young Snake (MGS1 high-poly Snake) isn't already unlockable, much like he was in MGS4? Having that option for the rest of the game would make the Playstation exclusive mission much more bearable.

Fuck all this nonsense. I think I'll just wait for MGS5: GOTY edition.
My thoughts exactly.

vg260

Hopefully they make this a retailer exclusive as well to alienate customers even more.

Also, I have no idea what's going on with this game. Is this THE MGS5, or some sort of multi-player thing to tide people over until the full game comes out.

Amir0x

Banned
Heh PS4 got fucked on this exclusive content battle

God exclusive content shit needs to stop already, no matter the platform. Only alienates the fans across the board. I am sure some MS fans would like to play as lo-fi Snake, and some Sony fans would like to play as Raiden. Just give everyone the love!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why can't they add in these skins? Who doesn't want to play as Nextgen Solid Snake?

They said in the 15 minutes video you can unlock bonus stuff if you play without reflex mode and marking system.

Sobriquet

*blushes* Fine, will buy one and rent the other.

Isn't this a download-only title?

God exclusive content shit needs to stop already, no matter the platform. Only alienates the fans across the board. I am sure some MS fans would like to play as lo-fi Snake, and some Sony fans would like to play as Raiden. Just give everyone the love!

I'm pretty sure everyone will get everything. Eventually.

Not thread-worthy, but pretty cool bonus for those interested in importing a physical copy!

kstyle_ps4_puma_pic1.jpg

kstyle_detail_puma_pic1.jpg

kstyle_detail_puma_pic2.jpg

(A physical copy of Ground Zeroes will be available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 in Japan. No word on Xbox One release.)

Pwn

Surprisingly Kojima is trolling the Playstation consoles with this exclusive shit.

Will it end well ?

Damn, really wish it'd leak how much MS paid for this. Can't say I'm surprised at all; we crossed the point of lunacy when demos (RE5 and RE6) were totted as timed-exclusives, IMO.

Sucks, but no choice but to purchase on both.

Barzul

PS guys get Bungie now, why all the hate because Xbox scores some choice MGS content. It's not the end of the world.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Since they got the extra money from MS for this exclusive I don't think they need mine anymore. I will buy this game used for PS4.

Okay he's trolling me now. Kojima got me to buy a PS3 for MGS4 for $500. So I go back to Sony with PS4 and the exclusive content is a PS1 Snake skin and the Xbox One exclusive content looks like Metal Gear Rising and there are Snatcher references. Really, really? Because, you know, Xbox has always been the home of Metal Gear fans. Fine, you are going to make me buy an Xbox One. This is like a Kojima thing right? Like Snatcher is one of my favorite games of all time, but I only played it on the Sega CD. Is this a meta thing? Like is this like a we are going to give out the coolest stuff to platforms with the least install base?

Where is that Konami community manager guy that has a GAF account? Explain this shit. Seriously.

Damn, really wish it'd leak how much MS paid for this. Can't say I'm surprised at all; we crossed the point of lunacy when demos (RE5 and RE6) were totted as timed-exclusives, IMO.

Sucks, but no choice but to purchase on both.

So ms clearly paid for this but Sony got their content exclusive out of the goodness of Kojimas heart?

zhao3gold

Banned
Jesus Christ. So many hates from Sony fans. Don't you remember you still have MGS4 exclusive for PS platform? Aren't Xbox fans deserve some exclusive contents?

zhao3gold

Banned
Too many "MS money hats" talk.

So whatever MS did to have exclusives is money hats and whatever Sony did to have exclusives is good cooperation, nice funding projects, great support to 3rd parties.

So sick of this....

mrklaw

MrArseFace

What do MS/Sony think is going to happen? People aren't going to buy a different console just because of this, and most people won't own both so they can't even choose to buy one version over another. All you're doing is punishing people that bought the other platform - and because the other guys did the same, people that own your console are getting screwed too.

driver116

Seeing as I never play exclusive content/missions or pay for DLC this means nothing to me - I'll still buy for PS4. It's nice Xbox fans get some good content, although it will still probably sell like shit on Xbox :/

Top Bottom