• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wario says the video is exclusive to gametrailers, too. lol

Kojima making terrible decisions like casting Kiefer.

PS4 is lacking the power of the cloud. Xbone wins.

71JEn.jpg

Seriously though. WTF?

Look at the ground textures of the PS4 vs Xbox One versions. On the ground, next to that wood/door or whatever is laying on the ground. They don't even look like the same textures. The Xbox One version just has smooth brown dirt. The PS4 version appears to have more detail, more gravel/rocks, more indentations, they do not appear to be the same textures in these comparisons. And I know the images aren't exactly matched up where snake is in the exact same spot, but you can still see it. Maybe its just the capture.

RoKKeR

^^^ Think I just threw up a little bit.

Unimpressed with 360/One comparisons. PS4 version looks great. Still waiting for bargain bin price, maybe I'll pick it up over the summer.

dmr87

Oh god, hearing Kiefer Sutherland do the VO for Snake is awful. It's really hitting me now.

I'll be seeing Jack Bauer in my head while playing Metal Gear.

Hope you have a lot of time waiting for that "Uncompressed video" - whilst you wait, google video codecs and how they work.

You know what I mean.

Wario says the video is exclusive to gametrailers, too. lol

Kojima making terrible decisions like casting Kiefer.

smh.

GavinUK86

Theres an 187mb mp4 file to download under the GT video incase anyone missed it. Its 1080p and 60fps. Better than using their player.

Better look:

JOyZxoN.png

CrUGVa8.png

alr1ght

Seriously these terrible video players do way more harm to next gen games compared to last. All texture detail is destroyed, framerate is chopped. It's quite sad that quality video is so hard to come by.

There's a link to a higher quality .mp4 right below the video player.

PS4 version looks great. After seeing this video I'll probably get the digital version.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can't tell much from the crappy compression, but it's still clear the PS4 version looks fantastic.

360 and PS3 look respectable for their age.

What's up with the PS4 sky, though? All blue, no clouds.

It could be related to the dynamic weather/time system. Even though time/weather doesn't change in GZ, the system could still be in there (just "paused"). The PS3/360/Bone version may use a less hardware intensive solution.

alr1ght

High Quality Video Download via Gametrailers (10mb/sec): http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

That isn't the same processed vid.

Code:
Format                         : AVC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                 : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames      : 3 frames
Codec ID                       : avc1
Codec ID/Info                  : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                       : 2mn 45s
Source duration                : 2mn 45s
Bit rate mode                  : Variable
Bit rate                       : 8 970 Kbps
Maximum bit rate               : 10.0 Mbps
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Height                         : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate mode                : Constant
Frame rate                     : 59.940 fps

better

The X1 version looks closer to the PS3 than than the PS4. That's just crazy, I realize this isn't the best quality video but damn.

Something funny is going on with the lighting on the ps4 version.

Ether it was captured at a different time of day / conditions, its missing effects or its using a different technique for lighting.

High Quality Video Download via Gametrailers (10mb/sec): http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

That isn't the same processed vid.

edit: 60fps too!

Wow, thanks for sharing Chubs! That is the way to watch this video. The game looks pretty cool. I guess Best Buy's Gamer Unlocked will help stomach the cost, cause I really want to play around with this game. That is the best part about MG games, you can just play around with them, trying different things, like a stealth sandbox.

I know I can at least squeeze another hour or 2 out of the Main Mission, just screwing around.

Top Bottom