• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: Ground Zeroes Console Quality Comparison Video

Something funny is going on with the lighting on the ps4 version.

Ether it was captured at a different time of day / conditions, its missing effects or its using a different technique for lighting.

Yeah, its different. The other 3 versions appear to have a very similar lighting technique. What the PS4 appears to be doing could just have something to do with the higher resolution, is the same as the Xbox One version, or is completely unique.

Right now, they are touting the next gen version as having a different lighting system, so both of them are supposed to be better than the last gen versions.

pixlexic

Banned
The X1 version looks closer to the PS3 than than the PS4. That's just crazy, I realize this isn't the best quality video but damn.

did you even watch the video? being 720 p doesn't make it the same. There is a clear texture, lighting, and framerate advantage.

did you even watch the video? being 720 p doesn't make it the same. The is clear texture, lighting, and framerate advantage.

Yes I did, and the high quality one too, the X1 absolutely looks closer to the last gen consoles than to the PS4 (at least, in this comparison). At least it runs 60FPS.

The comparison from PS3 to PS4 was big, from 360 to X1, not so much.

Anyways, looks I'm buying this day 1.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There is something off about the XB1 lighting...it looks like the PS4 is using the lighting technique where light bounces off objects (forget what you call that).

edit: looking at it more maybe that's not quite the case.

OT7VJ8Q.png

PS4 version looks fucking bananas. Wow.

Thankfully PS3 version looks pretty good all things considered as well, so I'm not too sad to be stuck with it for a few months.

chadskin

There is something off about the XB1 lighting...it looks like the PS4 is using the lighting technique where light bounces off objects (forget what you call that).

OT7VJ8Q.png

I CAN SEE LITTLE CLOUDS!!

Thanks for these pictures, by the way, Xbone version looks outright horrible. I'm actually shocked the difference is that big.

Sipheren

Banned
I'll probably get flamed for this but it does seem like they have gone out of their way to make the Xbone version look the same as the 2 last gen systems. The PS4 version seems to use different higher res textures and better lighting, both things the Xbone should be capable of doing, it's not that much less powerful...

Just doesn't seem to make sense...

Kanokare

PS4 definitely has the edge from these clips (other than the missing clouds). Xbox One is definitely not as low as last gen, but those last gen clips are really good for what it's worth.

Contrary to some people in here, I think Kiefer Sutherland will be a great replacement for David Hayter who just hasn't felt the same since MGS1 or even 2.

Zeppeli

Banned
They all look pretty similar in motion... Was hoping for more of a difference. Suffering as a gross gen game, I think. Imagine how good it would look as a PS4 exclusive, or at least current gen exclusive rather than a last/current.

Demon Ice

Banned
After downloading the HQ video..yeah, XB1 version looks like it's using the same lighting as the PS360 versions, PS4 is using a different lighting system.

Tommy DJ

Scoot away from your monitor about 10 feet, they all look the nearly the same.

On a larger screen with an actual 1920x1080 image, I'd probably be able to tell the difference easier since its not on a tiny screen with tight pixel pitch.

I'm joking brother, that is a silly meme about how you cannot really tell the difference in resolution if you are sitting further from your TV. There is a chart about optimum seating distances for different resolutions that has been posted in many of the resolution war threads. Some users have argued that resolution doesn't matter as much because of the size of their displays or the distances they sit from them.

Yeah, too many people unironically argued this so I actually think people are being serious here.

Is this a joke post? I can't tell.

But in case it's not, objects further from your position look less detailed. I wonder why....

I'm joking brother, that is a silly meme about how you cannot really tell the difference in resolution if you are sitting further from your TV. There is a chart about optimum seating distances for different resolutions that has been posted in many of the resolution war threads. Some users have argued that resolution doesn't matter as much because of the size of their displays or the distances they sit from them.

NCell

I'll probably get flamed for this but it does seem like they have gone out of their way to make the Xbone version look the same as the 2 last gen systems. The PS4 version seems to use different higher res textures and better lighting, both things the Xbone should be capable of doing, it's not that much less powerful...

Just doesn't seem to make sense...

They probably focused on the PS4 (probable reason: Japan) and they can say that it's harder to programme on the xbox

N.Domixis

Banned
Holy Damn! The xbox one looks current gen. The xbox one seems like its just a new revision of the 360 rather than a next gen console.

Salex_

Damn, even on my shitty laptop this looks great. Give me more 1080p/60 FPS games if an open world game can look this good. I can't wait to see what Tekken or the next 3d fighter will look like since it's on a much smaller scale.

good golly those are bigger differences than the other thread lead me to believe. looks very nice in motion too. PS4 >> Xbox One.

Top Bottom