• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3: Subsistence release date?

Mikey 2x4

pick up your hentai tomorrow
I tried to do a forum search to see if this has already been discussed, but no luck. So yeah, GameStop says March 1 of next year. Yet, Gamespot and GameFAQS say next Tuesday. If anyone knows when this is actually going to happen, it would be greatly appreciated.

Johnas

It has been delayed until March.

Not sure of the exact date, though.

I'm surprised GameStop has it right, the other day they still had Okami down for November.

Mikey 2x4

Damn! I was looking forward to some MSX MGS (well, cellphone, but still).

Oh well.

:waits until March:

Johnas

You can play through the original one more time so you'll be able to appreciate the new camera even more.

Although I had no problems with the camera in the first place.

Mikey 2x4

Neither did I. So that will be more of a neat feature. I really just want it because 1.) it's MGS. And 2.) The MSX games.

Gamedude

I don't care about the metal gear games, I have them both in my collection.. Metal Gear hasn't aged well but Metal Gear 2 is just superb, even in 2005

I really hope they put progressive scan and 16:9 in it, but I doubt it if you look at Kojima's other PS2 games.. (ZOE 2, MGS2 Substance, MGS3)

Amir0x

Banned
Gamedude said:
I don't care about the metal gear games, I have them both in my collection.. Metal Gear hasn't aged well but Metal Gear 2 is just superb, even in 2005

I really hope they put progressive scan and 16:9 in it, but I doubt it if you look at Kojima's other PS2 games.. (ZOE 2, MGS2 Substance, MGS3)

Your avatar is too big at 450kb. Its gotta be 150kb or less.

Gamedude said:

Kojima's talked about changing/adding some stuff in the MSX games but he didn't say what or if he'd really do it. I wouldn't mind him adding a mini game of MGRaiden using MG2's engine. :p

eggerland

Both games are probably the best 2 games in MSX2.
I saw something different in the trailer, I think the faces for the codec conversations have been changed, probably they´ll want it to look like "MGSesque". It´s a shame, because the faces in MG2 were really good, they were straight renditions from Hollywood faces.
I read in Kojima´s blog that he was asked to tone down the difficult level of both games and he refused to do that :D Hideo wants to keep them be oldschool, it seems.
Oh and I hope they don´t change the music, the MG2 soundtrack is godly.

Sinn Fein

To say Subsistence has been delayed is incorrect, I think. There was never a North American release announced and there still hasn't been. Sites/People assumed Nov 2005 and that looks to be not happening at this point.

Dec. 22, 2005 is the announced Japanese release. I would expect a late announcement for a similar North American release, or a release by the end of January. March 2006 would be the absolute latest, but I'd be surprised if it was released that much later here unless there's some kind of online logistics or planning that has to be worked out on this end.

eggerland said:
I read in Kojima´s blog that he was asked to tone down the difficult level of both games and he refused to do that :D Hideo wants to keep them be oldschool, it seems.
Oh and I hope they don´t change the music, the MG2 soundtrack is godly.

I think it was Kojima that wanted to tone the difficulty down. He talked about how he was playing and kept getting killed by a tank. Here's the comment

Once more, I am checking the MSX Metal Gear that will be included in Subsistence.
Everytime I want to open a door, I have to select the exact Keycard that will open
that door. For instance, when the player must run through all of the Keycards in
the gas room, he must enter the Equipment subscreen and change the equipped item
from the Gas Mask to one of the Keycards. While I'm testing the Keycard on the door
Snake's life diminishes because of the poison gas. Also, because of this problem,
when I am at the hallway with the tank that closes down on Snake, I wind up getting
crushed by the tank while I am trying all the different cards on a door.

And, just now, I got crushed by the tank.

ghibli99

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but for the US, will all 3 discs (Subsistence/Persistence/Existence) be included, and with all content intact? Just don't want Konami pulling another VR Missions thing or something like that. :) Thanks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ghibli99 said:
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but for the US, will all 3 discs (Subsistence/Persistence/Existence) be included, and with all content intact? Just don't want Konami pulling another VR Missions thing or something like that. :) Thanks.

They've recorded English voices for the 3rd disc, so probabbly yes. Unless... Europe...

Top Bottom