• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 GC 2006 trailer in high def

BigBoss

Verboten said:
Not chaos, it'd be controlled... balanced.

Yeah I remember Liquid mentioning that Big Boss knew what kind of balance was best in MGS1 but I don't think Liquid's vision of Outer Heaven is the same as Big Boss'.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SolidSnakex said:
Well it depends on how you look at it. Since you've played MGS3 you know why he wants soldiers to be respected. By creating Outer Heaven it'll force people to have more respect for soldiers instead of just sending them on suicide missions and such. But also he wanted the world to be in an endless war essentially. So that's not so good. ;)

This endless war thing....

Was this explained in MGS3 in someway? I never played 1 or 2 much.

BigBoss

mckmas8808 said:
This endless war thing....

Was this explained in MGS3 in someway? I never played 1 or 2 much.

It was explained by Liquid towards the end of MGS1. Thats when he reveals the truth about their origins, the genome soldiers, and how much he hates Big Boss.

Looks awesome but I think Kojima should use sandy orange colour instead of green in the middle eastern area. I was watching Path to 9/11 today and the middle eastern streets had an orange tinge to it, due to dust.

mckmas8808

mrklaw said:
I think this looks bad *and* good.

Bad because it seems to be like a souped up PS2 game. Mostly simple textures and relatively simple geometry. Nothing technically outstanding. Some good use of shadowing and DOF effects though. The section after the pissing cows is clearly technically superior

Aesthetically though, its *very* nice. Beautifully framed and directed, and amazing animation. That really brings the world to life.

Snake salutes you
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20060509075616415.jpg

Not so souped up huh?

Famitsu is either going to be having an unveiling of a new KojiPro game or some new info on Kojima's current games. Which going by last years TGS would mean...
Screens of the new build.

BigBoss

SolidSnakex said:
Famitsu is either going to be having an unveiling of a new KojiPro game or some new info on Kojima's current games. Which going by last years TGS would mean...
Screens of the new build.

I'd prefer if the team focused solely on MGS4 rather than starting up another project so I hope its more info on MGS4 or MGPO.

mckmas8808

BigBoss said:
I'd prefer if the team focused solely on MGS4 rather than starting up another project so I hope its more info on MGS4 or MGPO.

MGS4 please. When does this magazine come out?

JB1981

Finally saw this in high-def at Gametrailers and wanted to say that this footage makes $600 seem like a bargain.

mckmas8808

BigBoss said:
I can't believe I didn't "get" the joke until now. :lol

EDIT: I guess I'm not the only one who is a little slow.

:lol

WOW guys you actually did get it? What time is it there? 2 in the morning?:lol

Warhol would be proud. And BigBoss, Liquid's vision of Outer Heaven is almost exactly as the one Big Boss has laid out decades before. I really, truly hope Big Boss returns in some way. I mean, that constant war, all the government lies... it's nothing The Boss would have wanted. As bad as they labelled his actions, I think he (Big Boss, maybe not liquid) believes the end justifies the means. He just wants to restore power from the Patriots/Wisemen's Committee and allow the people to have true control. It's the same thing Solid, Liquid, and Solidus want, but they all use different means to get that done. In the end, I believe Solid Snake'll realize how close it is to happening and he'll fulfill what his 'father' didn't. He may not have known who The Boss is, but having heard the true story... somehow, I think he'd still be man enough to honor her memory. After all, he is a clone of Big Boss. He could have loved or had that same relationship with her. Soldiers don't go to The Wall and just think that it's in honor of fallen soldiers. Those are their brothers whom shared an underlying belief of honor. I think that's how they'll play out the relation between The Boss and Solid Snake. Ah, there we go. Maybe a very weak Big Boss will convey the story to Snake.

Verboten said:
Maybe a very weak Big Boss will convey the story to Snake.

If he is in the game there's no way we're finding out until its released. That initial E3 2005 concept drawing was about as close to a confirmation as we'll probably get until then. Kojima's even shot that down by saying he had nothing to do with it and it was just Shinkawa's idea to do (which no one really buys).

The E3 trailer made things interesting with Snake at the Boss grave right before he goes off to the Middle East. Now if that happens at the start of the game it'd mean alot (obviously) has went down since MGS2, although that might not even be where the game starts at and we just see that sequence somewhere during the game.

The story seems like it spans over several years given that its a world war and Snake is going to b e going to several different countries/locations. So maybe people will get their wish for a young Snake also in the earlier portion of the game.

And next issue Famitsu will be having their MGS4 update like they did last year before TGS.

ahh yes that makes so much more sense now... i totally forgot about mgs2 events

thanks for the correction

i guess i was reading too much into it... thanks for giving me a good kick in the arse

Top Bottom