• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV costumes DLC now available!

Vlaphor

The facial models of characters in MGSV look so undefined compared to their character profiles. Main reason I stick to Big Boss when deploying. It's disappointing, really.

I think that one of the tricks behind the engine is that they have lower quality models that they can kind of pretty up to look nice. It's why the engine runs so well. On the downside, sometimes that prettying up doesn't work as well as it should.

marzlapin

I don't know why they didn't put this out earlier. I probably would've shelled out to dress like The Boss when I was actually playing the game, but I've finished it and don't really have any desire to keep going.

SlickVic

When they say "unzip for tactical advantage" for the outfits in the description I was curious if it actually altered the way guards react to you when they spot you with the unzipped outfit. Like if it startled or put them off guard for a brief moment before triggering the reflex. Doesn't seem it actually makes any difference though so I guess it's just marketing nonsense.

last night I spent most of the night trying out all the new Costume DLC outfits in actual gameplay... ended up being good footage of all the new DLC in action for anyone curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6lxL30hLvQ

super fun to wear The Boss sneaking suit and go to town with CQC on the Skulls or Eli haha

Tuxedo and Soviet sneaking suit are good too but the Naked Snake fatigues are probably the one I will use the most.

I want to replay all the Missions wearing:
the new Snake Eater Tiger Stripe camo
AM .45 modded to look like a M1911A1 (the custom pistol Snake describes to Sigint at the start of MGS)
either a base MRS or a MRS modded to look like a Patriot
and then nothing else... Subsistence style, everything else 'Procure on Site'
S rank guards, no Markers no HUD...

since the game doesn't offer a NewGame+ Subsistence or European Extreme mode, guess playing the game with your own artificial ruleset is the next best thing

Yeah, wow, fuck that guy for spending his money how he wants. Sigh. Sigh. Wow. Sigh. Sigh. Huff.
I think he's upset because he feels the guy with leftover PSN points is supporting a practice that he feels will only encourage publishers to do more of and will personally effect him more often in the future and possibly further ruin the industry.

Just my guess.

I wish you could remove the horn. Ruins the bandana look with the fatigue camo. Just want to replicate mgs3 snake.
i can't even really enjoy the new camo currently haha because my Venom is currently a demon =p can't really appreciate the new outfits when covered completely in blood lol

mostly just playing as Diamond Dogs with the new costume DLC until do enough good deeds for a few days hehehe

last night I spent most of the night trying out all the new Costume DLC outfits in actual gameplay... ended up being good footage of all the new DLC in action for anyone curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6lxL30hLvQ

super fun to wear The Boss sneaking suit and go to town with CQC on the Skulls or Eli haha

Tuxedo and Soviet sneaking suit are good too but the Naked Snake fatigues are probably the one I will use the most.

I want to replay all the Missions wearing:
the new Snake Eater Tiger Stripe camo
AM .45 modded to look like a M1911A1 (the custom pistol Snake describes to Sigint at the start of MGS)
either a base MRS or a MRS modded to look like a Patriot
and then nothing else... Subsistence style, everything else 'Procure on Site'
S rank guards, no Markers no HUD...

since the game doesn't offer a NewGame+ Subsistence or European Extreme mode, guess playing the game with your own artificial ruleset is the next best thing

Or, if you have the PC version, the mod that lets you use Subsistence on every mission.

i can't even really enjoy the new camo currently haha because my Venom is currently a demon =p can't really appreciate the new outfits when covered completely in blood lol

mostly just playing as Diamond Dogs with the new costume DLC until do enough good deeds for a few days hehehe

Is it much of a grind to reverse the full demon? To be honest I use diamond dogs on most events myself.

^not sure.... the first time it happen to me was actually perfectly and fittingly right after Mission 43

I didn't even realize it was a separate system, I thought it was related to the Mission story ;p

it only lasted for about... 2 days of regular Missions, I think. that said, I would Fulton evac guards pretty often yet. but I suspect it won't take long because most of the increases/decreases are very marginal... unless you do something like build a nuke, I'd probably only a demon by a small handful of 'points' ... so i could probably reverse it in a few hours if I really tried.

that said, I'm trying to avoid 'gaming' it... e.g. not read the FAQ and not force myself to do X to get Y points. Instead, I'm just 'going with it' and trying to 'be nicer' in general, and when it changes, it changes :D

Megatron

So the fact that you chose an 8 slice Pizza but were charged extra for the 8 slice that should have originally been there is acceptable? Why would you defend such a move?

Your attitude to Microtansactions that are already on the disc is that "they can do whatever they want" is sick.

Lmao, I want this to happen.

What kind of pizza? Cheese pizza? Pepponni Pizza? Meat lovers pizza? Do you realize those greedy bastards charge you for each topping?! I mean, the food is already sitting there in their bins, they didn't have to go out and grow entirely new ingredients for you. That is unacceptable!

Coreda

dVbKsgI.png

yeah, they're not a head option though, so there's no 'wearing them' in the sense that you can equip Head items in SP or also Eye items in MP. they're just a default part of his character model. your point still stands in that sense that, it's too bad a lot of MGO type wearable items cannot be used in SP... would add some cool replay value to let us wear our MGO unlocked stuff on our SP characters, and graphically (in terms of assets) I'd think it wouldn't be that hard.

also, little bug I found is that both glasses are bugged with the new DLC Soviet sneaking suit... if Finger or Silent Harrier wear it, the temples still appear but the entire rims and lenses disappear.

kinda cool in a sort of Deus Ex HR Adam Jensen's retracted aug glasses sort-of-way...but a glitch nonetheless

O.DOGG

You can use the DLC sneaking suit (Naked Snake) now on Steam by selecting Betas/ver_1.0.4.3 - fixed: Sneaking Suit (Naked Snake) from the game properties. Just tried it. It works and it is awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying the new outfits. Definitely got my money's worth.

I think i fired him
I think if you just re-download your GZ data it automatically re-hires him... I haven't tried it because I never fired him, but I read that, for example, if you previously used GZ data that never had X recruited (Finger, Hideo, Silent Basilisk, etc), and then later you go back to GZ and recruit someone new, and then go back to MGS5 at any point later in the story, re-apply the GZ data, that new GZ just auto-adds into your army. So... that may also work if Finger was fired... just re-apply the data. Game should recognize he's gone (the game has this capability for other characters, like the S+ and S++ characters rewarded for finishing each Chapter) and maybe he'll re-add.
Is it possible to re-import bonus staff with better stats?
Dunno about the GZ guys... maybe not because when you first recruit them, their stats seem to suggest they weren't based on your progress then (getting A+ guys when everyone else are Cs and Bs) so that seems to suggest it wouldn't later in the story either.

That said, most story characters (mission objectives) can be recruited again (or multiple times) with better stats. E.g. the Mission 5 bionic engineer.. if you go back later and recruit him after everyone is S rank, you can get him with much higher stats. His name will be different unless you delete the original one (Silent Harrier) and then when you recruit him his name will be the default again. Should be the same for any unique characters from mission objectives (usually ones that have a face unique to their Mission description information tab).

Top Bottom