• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hopefully it has enough content to justify the price tag and we get a physical PS4 release. I'm looking forward to trying this and seeing if the new changes work. I'm a bit more apprehensive than I was originally after some of the gameplay footage but I can't say no to more MGS. It would be cool if they take some feedback from GZ and put it into PP.

Is it me or is that expensive as fuck?

I was under the impression that the scope of Ground Zeroes is something like Peace Walker-- maybe a little light on story but has a ton of replayability due to the way it breaks out missions and how you have to build up your team and base. Whereas Phantom Pain is going to be MGS1/2/3 esque with a much heavier focus on story.

So no, I don't think its expensive if its going to be up to the level of Peace Walker.

This is an ealier release than I had expected, may just grab the PS3 boxed copy for Ground Zeroes and wait for MGS5 to release to grab it and a PS4.

V_Ben

Banned
There's something really gross about pricing the next gen version at £10 more, just because they can. They know people will buy it, so they do it anyway. Eew.

More than I thought it would be, and later.

But it should have a decent amount of bonus missions and repayability. Any word on multi player?

Apocryphon

I'm guessing it'll provide about 6 - 8 hours of gameplay so I'll take the PS4 version. $30 seems a tad steep but y'know... next gen...

Still, from what we've seen this looks amazing. If it has the same kind of replay value that the Tanker mission did then I'll be one happy boy!

Tasty Next Gen Price Hike...(Bums on Seats I Guess).

So does this mean Next Gen will ONLY get a Digital Version and no Retail or Digital is same price as Retail (For than Next Genyness!!)?

Via VG247

mgsvgz_ss_game_005.jpg

Surprise buttsecks!!

Images look way to clean for current gen. THey're not, right?

Salz01

Not really sure why they just don't wait and release the whole thing at once. Plus it all sounds confusing on what this actually is. Just get me the full game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch Spring 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360 as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while PS4 and Xbox One digital versions come in at £29.99.

iAu3FhQyuKUjD.gif

Digital only on next gen so it's not like you can just wait for the price drop. This is lame.

Glorified demo? I hope not, and they are charging me 10$ more for 30 frames per second more.

Edit: Digital only for PS4/XBONE, Kojima game? brace yourselves for a 200GB game.

Hopefully it's not just a single mission demo. That coupled with the actual game releasing in 2015 makes this very disappointing.

Ricky_R

So the prologue will be sold separately after all... What a sad way to cash in.

I will get it though, so fuck me for whining. ;)

Need to know how long it is before I decide on whether it's value for money but I'll probably get it. Not read the full article yet but will get boxed on XBO if there is one

Hydrargyrus

Wait wait wait

So, but what I've read, this is not the entire game. This is not MGS5, it's only a part of it, isn't it?

Top Bottom