• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

BadWolf

Yeah I'm sure there will be enough content, and a ton of replayability and opportunities to mess around, to justify the price.

Just glad we know when its coming out and they are releasing it ahead of MGSV, really needed my MGS fix.

DieH@rd

Banned
that's quite expensive for what kojima has described as a "tutorial."

seppuku, kojima. please.

I think it is a given that we will have a lot of missions in Ground Zeroes, with ability to upgrade motherbase in the sea.

Plasma

Banned
Seems a bit expensive for a demo, I remember paying around that much for the MGS2 demo but at least that came with a copy of ZOE.

Marvel

could never
If its length (and performance compared to PS3 version) warrants the price then that'll be the day I get a PS4.

Perhaps it'll be included with the main game.

Hopefully.

Though I may just cave in and buy it immediately anyway.

I'll get the PS3 digital version and then get the 'Super Deluxe True HD Complete Edition' when MGS5 comes out on PS4 in 2015.

Of course Konami would be the first to add next gen tax (beating EA to the punch). Every fucking cross gen game is the same price! Assholes.
day 1 PS4 =(

I think it is a given that we will have a lot of missions in Ground Zeroes, with ability to upgrade motherbase in the sea.

Ground Zeroes consists of one mission - a Cuban rescue mission - that has been extensively demoed this year, including at Tokyo Game Show in September

BadWolf

Why are people referring to this as a demo? It is its own chapter of the game with its own story that won't be present in Phantom Pain.

Of course Konami would be the first to add next gen tax (beating EA to the punch). Every fucking cross gen game is the same price! Assholes.
day 1 PS4 =(
Yeah and the differences are negligible at best. See both in action before you decide whether the extra 10 is worth it or not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if the next gen tax will be worldwide or just in the UK. No games have gotten a price hike here in the US but I know that's happening in the UK.

Nestunt

I would pay if Platinum did something to it

knowing Koji, will probably be 30 dollars for a 2 hour movie

Do people really not expect there to be a pricing difference between current and next-gen moving forward? It was bound to happen.

PooBone

The way I see it, the game itself is $30. You get 10 bucks off if you but the shittier old gen digital version. Confused why there's no boxed copies for next gen. If those eventually get announced for $40, I will have some hostility towards Konami.

Either way, glad this is coming sooner than later. Can't wait.

Asd202

Why are people referring to this as a demo? Its its own chapter of the game that won't be present in Phantom Pain.

I'm sure it will be a part of Phantom Pain, just like the tanker in MGS 2. It would be stupid not to have it considering that the MGS games rely heavily on story. People that would have not played GZ would be confused even if there's a flashback of some sort in PP and it would be a dick move by Kojima. They could lose sales for PP over this shit.

They have.

The story in GZ sets up the stage for PP, it is the prologue (the Tanker Chapter).

But the tanker chapter is in full MGS2...

cluderi

I'll check again at launch but it sounds like a demo for 30 pounds, no thanks.

Put me down for the inevitable GOTY edition of MGSV with this stuff included.

Buying the boxes PS3 version, just to have it. Will play this bad boy on my PS4.

I am so hyped.

I really did think they were the same game though :/

! Maybe it will also include a beta for MGO3?!?? Anyone agree?

BadWolf

I'm sure it will be a part of Phantom Pain, just like the tanker in MGS 2. It would be stupid not to have it considering that the MGS games rely heavily on story. People that would have not played GZ would be confused even if there's a flashback of some sort in PP and it would be a dick move by Kojima.

So you think they will also include Peace Walker just because some haven't played it?

GZ happens right after Peace Walker ends.

Physical PS4 copy here i come.

138119586212.gif

LiK

No boxed for next-gen is weird. Konami usually sells everything they can under the sun from Kojima boxed.

Here is my major question. Are they going to find a way to balance the tranq. pistol in this game?

It's been quite broken since MGS3, makes it far too easy to tranq everyone you see and not actually sneak.

Here is my major question. Are they going to find a way to balance the tranq. pistol in this game?

It's been quite broken since MGS3, makes it far too easy to tranq everyone you see and not actually sneak.
Should it not knock enemies out in 1-hit? I don't see how else they could go about it.

PS3 and Xbox 360 as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while PS4 and Xbox One digital versions come in at £29.99.

Really? What possible reason could there be for charging £10 more on PS4/X1 for the same damn game.,.

Top Bottom