• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Oct. 6 Patch Detailed

Revven

Insurance for FOBs is just crazy though. They are out of their goddamn minds to think anyone with a brain would buy such a thing.

Kuldar

Is it a Joke? Time reduction and insurance for real momey and a safe invasion mode? Realy? And exclamation marks as if it wad cool and exciting?

Fuck you Konami!

malfcn

A patch to fix resources? Hopefully it improves.
Having an online mission last 2 days to get barely anything blows.

And I can't process unrefined without building, but I can't build without resources..

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is it a Joke? Time reduction and insurannce fir real momey and a safe invasion mode? Realy? And exclamation marks as if it wad cool and exciting?

Fucok you Konami!

That insult was cool and exciting!

RootCause

Lol same. Though, any minute now. Shit could be going down. :0

Lol needs no insurance cause I've never been raided.

please don't raid me

What about the dlc outfits?
Also, my MGO dlc should unlock soon after the patch?
pls, HF Blade, and real Gray Fox. :3

rrs

who would insure such illegal operations, some creepy uncle who talks in a thick accent?

heeey it's your uncle robert and I insure all your valuables at deep discount

nuclear bombs? no problemo
best pointman? no problemo
crystal dragon figures? no problemo

only costs the low low price of
YOUR SOUL

Ridley327

I imagine that it's because I'm not super big into min-maxing like some of the power players do for FOB, but my own FOB has been invaded so few times that I can't even imagine how it would be of any benefit to me to use the insurance. I suspect that most people are in the same shoes as me, too.

Sorting into the Security Team is a godsend, though. There's still a lot of people who aren't aware of it basically being a second Combat Unit and is staffed as such in terms of what you need to look for in recruits.

rexor0717

#TeamNeverMakeAnFOBSoICantMakeAnyCoolEquipmentCauseImParanoidAboutLosingMyStuff

Luckily there's insurance for that.

I made one, then never let the game connect online again so that even if I've been invaded a bunch, it'll never know.

I've been raided four times in the last couple days, only one person made it past my the initial starting point, they all failed. Three of those were in response to my raiding and a couple actively defended and it wasn't pretty, I got murdered/fultoned. >_<

KingBroly

Banned
I wish there was a way to avoid this shit while still being able to do online connectivity. I'm tired of the game trying to force me to do this shit. It's a fucking scam of the highest degree. The whole thing is also just plain horseshit.

Demoskinos

Good lord. Y'all are having some real hyperbolic reactions to this. The insurance thing is eyeroll worthy for sure but it hardly "taints" the game. Like c'mon...

fritzo

the only thing that got me excited was Level 7 weapons. everything else is meh. Regarding the microtransactions, don't need em, won't buy em. Kinda surprised they weren't there at launch (except the extra FOBs of course).

No patch to make Fuel Resources easier to obtain?

Pretty geeked about the new Rank 7 weapons. Wonder what else they have? I'm still researching Rank 5 stuff, so this is pretty cool.

sakuori

All those exclamations in the update notes and the players are like

fhNeryf.jpg

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
You need PS+ to invade / be invaded right? I don't think I've ever been invaded but what's weird is I see the option to invade some people sometimes after it tells me I need ps+ to invade.

No patch to make Fuel Resources easier to obtain?

Pretty geeked about the new Rank 7 weapons. Wonder what else they have? I'm still researching Rank 5 stuff, so this is pretty cool.

You mean processed, right? Because unprocessed you can get to the cap in minutes.

No. Just ashamed that I bought this game.

Is there a way to absolve myself?

I wish I could trade games on steam :(

Oh I wish that too.

--

On topic, I wonder if they patched the unprocessed resource farming.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Remember when you're involved in an FOB invasion with another person, exchange personal information and file a police report.

jackal27

Banned
I am dying over here hahaha. Was genuinely excited for what lied within this thread, but Konami can dive off a cliff.

I'm really glad I didn't spend my own money on this game...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
"Insurance"

Don't tell me they're charging people real world money to insure their FOB?
Don't blame them, they just want to join the insurance business since it's been good for Sony! Except no one told them it was real life insurance and not imaginative ones.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You need PS+ to invade / be invaded right? I don't think I've ever been invaded but what's weird is I see the option to invade some people sometimes after it tells me I need ps+ to invade.

Online play requires it, so yeah!

Carroway

The only thing that I am slightly excited by is the Special Event FOBs. A nice idea of giving FOB training with actual rewards.

Top Bottom