• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer isn't as epic as the Red Band ones which btw it's one of my favorite trailer of all time but fuck man, I want to play MGS V like now :(

Downsampled from 1080p to save space and keep the audio quality relativity high, but here it is. Remember to unmute!
http://a.pomf.se/gqcieu.webm
EDIT: If it is messed up, it may need time to load. I am reuploading.
Right clicking and saving it works if streaming does not!

chinto20

Banned
VzgOUwh.png

I think we can cross mistimed "wooo"... that shit happens like eight hundred times during e3 conferences.

Thought is was awesome and I enjoyed the song choice. I get a chuckle out of Big Boss getting a sweet robot hand and all Kaz gets is a crutch.
They played him like a damn fiddle!

JayEH

And that fucking 1984 release date makes me think this game isn't coming out for a while... like 2016 while. I hope I'm wrong.

One question - how spoilery does it look?

Quick edit - just to be clear, I'm kinda scared of red-band-like trailers for MGS, since they show too much. But, if it's like last year's E3 trailer without that red-band story content (so, mostly gameplay), I could take a look.

sub_o

Holy hell this looks dark. I'm loving it. How did they carelessly let it leak before E3?

Konami. This is like the only two good games left (the other one might be PES). And people wonder why there's no more Suikoden.

PS: That vulture at the beginning looks comically cute though.

screenshot2014-06-09a85std.png

Vulture.jpg

I want this game to be the one to buck traditions. I don't want a supernatural group of bosses that you fight as the game goes on, along with a clever name for them (Sons of Big Boss, Dead Cell/Sons of Liberty, Cobra Unit, Beauty and the Beast Unit). Do something fresh. By the time I got to MGS4 the progression felt like a retreat, this is Kojima's big chance to not do that.

Mengetsu

I should really should be asleep right now it's 3:10am and I need my sleep for the long day tomorrow. Why you keep me up Kojima?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I have high doubts that's Big Boss.

They go to extreme lengths to keep his face hidden, teasing the side of the face that now features his horn and not showing any scars.

I've been trying to do frame by frame breakdowns, but the face is too dark to get any clear scars visible.

They are hiding something.

Well, the BB with Skull also happens to have the brace above his elbow (for his Robot arm), and I believe I see a sliver of red.

but then...it's the right arm instead of his left. Now see other instances of swapped arms. Now I'm confused. Either a mirrored version, or Kojima flipped the camera randomly.

R-User!

Never Be Game Over is what I see.

Also, Skullface appears to either have an Eye Patch, blindfold, or dark goggles on his eyes.

Well, up until now, I don't think they ever mentioned BB having a missing arm either.

Plus, Miller in MGS has that "thing" going on.

I see "NEVER BE" as well now that I'm looking at the screenshot on my laptop: was watching the video through my Wii U Browser, and on my phone was too small to tell...

Dam i was gonna see if the original metal gear came out in 1984 to see if that was a tease to which month the game would come out. But metal gear came out in 87.

alllen

Neo Member
coming 1984?

9/8/14?

8/9/14?

or just Kojima being playful with the game's timeline?

where's my tinfoil hat

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep. It was a good trailer but in terms of setting mood and scene but hopefully there's something with gameplay coming as well. For what it is I thought it was really great but hopefully there's some other materials coming as well.
Nuuuuuucccllleeeeaaarrrrrrrrrrrr

This is the most interesting MGS game since MGS1 for me.... but the trailer didn't add to that for me... it's still the open world design I look forward to.

ref

I have no idea what is going on, I'm currently playing through the series for the first time ever and I've completed MGS1, 2, 3 and currently on 4. I'm finding it a slog to get through. Phantom Pain looks much better than 4, so that's all I'm asking for.

doofy102

Yep. Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep. It was a good trailer but in terms of setting mood and scene but hopefully there's something with gameplay coming as well. For what it is I thought it was really great but hopefully there's some other materials coming as well.
Nuuuuuucccllleeeeaaarrrrrrrrrrrr

When they do eventually show gameplay, people will be disappointed it looks just like Ground Zeroes.

Unless you can interact with the world more than in Ground Zeroes, by like going to a town or driving that small metal gear shown in an older trailer or something.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Pretty trailer but boring as well. Nice to hear Otsuka back againthough. My favorite. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom