• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Superflat

So many shots of gleaming knives in this video, it was nearing ridiculous levels lol

Made for a really nice music video trailer, as usual for Kojima.

Hope the game lives up to it.

damn wish i knew more about metal gear awesome trailer

is that Solid Snake or is that his dad im so confused ...cause they look so similar can someone clarify?

I can't remember anything for sure, but what I believe, is that the end of GZ, where the helicopter goes down, leads into BB going into that long coma, and Kaz/Miller has to carry on with his life, and at some point, a few years later is captured, tortured, and carved up. Thats about when BB wakes up. So, it could be possible for Miller to still do those things during his coma.

But yeah, alot of GZ/TPP and Peace Walker feel like retcons to me (coming off of the older games).

Yeah, it's possible since Miller's backstory in the older games was just a few lines or so. But still, it's weird to think he went through so much when all I knew about him was what I learned in MGS. Solid Snake never said anything like "even though you had a fake arm, you were a great instructor."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Interesting Eli shirt, anyone translate?
i0vID0iFchdAa.png

Never Be Game Over is what I see.

Also, Skullface appears to either have an Eye Patch, blindfold, or dark goggles on his eyes.

Yeah, it's possible since Miller's backstory in the older games was just a few lines or so. But still, it's weird to think he went through so much when all I knew about him was what I learned in MGS. Solid Snake never said anything like "even though you had a fake arm, you were a great instructor."

Well, up until now, I don't think they ever mentioned BB having a missing arm either.

Plus, Miller in MGS has that "thing" going on.

Nemecyst

Kojima can't edit or direct for shit.

After all these years, you'd think he'd have improved. I hope apathy wasn't an emotion he wanted to elicit from watching that trailer. But one badly-edited trailer won't turn that into a bad game, so it's all good.

sub_o

The amount of knives in this trailer somehow reminded me of Vamp.

If you watch it carefully, there's always lens flare when the knife is involved. And it seems that they are using the same knife over and over again.

Chico is the knife.

Is that a Skullface and Big Boss team up at the end?

I have high doubts that's Big Boss.

They go to extreme lengths to keep his face hidden, teasing the side of the face that now features his horn and not showing any scars.

I've been trying to do frame by frame breakdowns, but the face is too dark to get any clear scars visible.

They are hiding something.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I thought it was ZEKE, but yeah that's definitely REX. Otacon's a Plagiarist!

Also kind of known since MGS3, when that other Russian scientist (not Sokolov) had a mini REX on his shelf, as it was his design instead of Sokolov's version.

I will be buying this :)
Hope it has a prologue so I can catch up since mgs 1

Don't worry, not alot's happened since MGS1. Story can be summed up in a quick novel......or 4.....

I'm trying to think of a logical reason why Big Boss would ever willingly be near Skullface. I hope it's not the cliche "We have a bigger enemy so we better team up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom