• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggelos

This. If you are following what is happening in the middle east especially in Syria, this is a walk in the park.

Yes, I have been following what is happening in the middle East, in Syria, in the Chechen wars..... Thus, I've seen various uncensored atrocities and barbarities....
In other words, nothing shocking in the newest MGS5 trailer....

1168.gif

I'm still sticking by the theory that Chico is Psycho Mantis.

What's the theory behind Hueys torture?

Ground Zeroes spoilers:

Kaz and Big Boss get a call from the UN saying they'd like to send a nuclear inspection team around to Mother Base. Kaz and Big Boss refuse, not wanting to reveal to the world that they have a nuclear-equipped Metal Gear on the base. Huey, however, disregards that and calls the UN inspection team back without telling his superiors. He arranges to have Metal Gear ZEKE hidden on the ocean floor during the inspection.

The UN inspection team is obviously Skullface's men in disguise, so Huey essentially opens the door for Skullface and makes sure that Mother Base's only defence is out of operation for the duration of their attack. Whether Huey is actually a spy or not isn't clear, but he looks super guilty right now.

psychotron

That trailer just sold me so damn hard! I was always day 1 with it, but damn. Love the song too btw. Listening to it on Spotify right now.

1168.gif

I'm still sticking by the theory that Chico is Psycho Mantis.

I can't tell if that's a joke, but on a pure canon level, that's not possible due to age.

And I don't see Manits being retconed considering we see him chilling out maxin, relaxin all cool when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighborhood in The Phantom Pain.

Linkyn

A little bit all over the place for my taste. Then again, I have come to expect a general sense of disbelief and confusion from Kojima trailers.

MormaPope

Banned
Didn't Skull Face lure Snake in to save Chico whilst MSF was massacred? So isn't he supposed to be getting revenge against him?

Big Boss has no idea who Skull Face is.

I mean, you do collect or unlock tapes of what Skullface does, but I don't think that has any relevance on Big Boss's perspective and what he knows.

I can't tell if that's a joke, but on a pure canon level, that's not possible due to age.

And I don't see Manits being retconed considering we see him chilling out maxin, relaxin all cool when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighborhood in The Phantom Pain.

Hey it was a shot in the dark, I'm not really good with theories.

Didn't Skull Face lure Snake in to save Chico whilst MSF was massacred? So isn't he supposed to be getting revenge against him?

IIRC, Skull Face isn't necessarily out to kill Big Boss.
The GZ tapes imply that Skull Face doesn't have any grudge against Big Boss. He's a ruthless motherfucker who doesn't particularly care if BB lives or dies, but Skull Face is out for revenge against Zero. I guess there's potential for a Big Boss/Skull Face teamup, but I can't imagine BB getting over what Skull Face did to him.

Raynes

Big Boss has no idea who Skull Face is.

I mean, you do collect or unlock tapes of what Skullface does, but I don't think that has any relevance on Big Boss's perspective and what he knows.

Big Boss believes he is a friend because he doesn't know that he has attacked Mother Base.

The GZ tapes imply that Skull Face doesn't have any grudge against Big Boss. He's a ruthless motherfucker who doesn't particularly care if BB lives or dies, but Skull Face is out for revenge against Zero. I guess there's potential for a Big Boss/Skull Face teamup, but I can't imagine BB getting over what Skull Face did to him.

Thanks guys!

MormaPope

Banned

What is awesome about this is Zero probably straight up tells Big Boss "I had nothing to do with what happened to Mother Base" towards the end of the game. Big Boss goes crazy and burns a metric shit ton of bridges.

Bet Huey was being blackmailed somehow. Maybe something to do with Strangelove?

The shot of Skullface and BB at the end is mystifying me, but I'm sure there's more going on then meets the eye.

Raynes

Those look like his own men he's killing. Maybe it's some sort of plan, and they're just going with it accepting death. Could explain the possible disdain that one person aiming at bb has. /crazymetalgearspeculationtime

I took it as Mantis controlling them, they're behaving like zombies.

Any indication this is all in-engine?

MGS always has in-engine cutscenes, as far as I know. The only one I know of that isn't is the one at the end of Act 3 in MGS4 (when Liquid Ocelot takes control of SOP and does the finger guns). Ground Zeroes was 100% in-engine, so I imagine TPP will be no different.

UrbanRats

I think i know why there's the Rex at the end:

They will cap off the game making us play MGS1 all over again, but as Big Boss like behind the curtain.
Which will end in the big reveal of
Liquid Snake... being Master Miller all along, in an epic double switcharoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom