• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched the english trailer. don't really have a problem with kiefer voicing big boss. (it would be sacrilege for me if they got him on solid snake though)

anyways...it's alright. god damn i hate mgs4 so much. it diminished my hype for this series from must-play down to "i'll get to it eventually"

child soldiers..oh. please leave the nanomachines and other gobbledigook out of that sub-plot.

Solidino

Yep, that was my guess, too. Showing off her sniping skills in disguise.
like Meryl in MGS. :)

01dGjH1.jpg

dc89

The comrades they just cremated

Yep, that was my guess, too. Showing off her sniping skills in disguise.

The soldiers they've lost. He doesn't want their ashes scattered at sea, so he's having them turned into diamonds that he can keep with him on the battlefield.

probably quiet, i dunno. maybe another moment of being upset about the boss.

his dead comrades, instead of throwing their ashes into the sea he's going to turn them into diamond........dogs

I gathered that much but I'm thinking he loses someone who is actually pretty close to him.

Damn it, MGS trailers always do this to me.

Jawmuncher

just watched the english trailer. don't really have a problem with kiefer voicing big boss. (it would be sacrilege for me if they got him on solid snake though)

anyways...it's alright. god damn i hate mgs4 so much. it diminished my hype for this series from must-play down to "i'll get to it eventually"

child soldiers..oh. please leave the nanomachines and other gobbledigook out of that sub-plot.

MGS4 bit me in the same way, but the tonal shift alone had me crawling back with the original reveal.
Since it seems like fir this entry hes going to take a more MGS3 style where the story was more focused.
Since I dont think PEACE WALKER will play much aside from ground zeroes and the beginning.

I like you. I think we will be good friends.

Body armor probably has changed in the past 30 years wouldn't you say?

Of course Big Boss and his team could've developed armor like that in the early 80's, MGS has always been like that. From the looks of it, he plunges the knife into his breast though.

I don't think he is wearing any kind of body armor in that scene TBH.

Yen

Is there anywhere to download this? My download speed is horrendously slow and I only made it about 8 secs into the video before it completely stopped, so you know, I'd like to DL it in the background

jet1911

It's an ok trailer. I hope the final game will be a lot more interactive than what we got in Ground Zeroes though. Too bad that nothing like that is shown here.

Didn't like the trailer at all. Endless short cuts of cutscenes that don't make any sense out of context, with a song over the top like it's a messed up music video... it doesn't tell me anything other than 'this game has cutscenes'. Hopefully there will be an on-stage demo to accompany this.

Mumford

Wait, where is the English trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom