• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So who is the dude in the beret and glasses?

Kazuhira Miller

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2013-Character-with-Baret.jpg

MormaPope

Banned
It fits better to be Sniper Wolf itself. Quiet is quite young, and the game should happen on 1984. MGS1 happens on 2005, and Sniper Wolf seems to be in their 40's.

I see on the wiki that she learns sniping after 1988, but that can be changed easily. Also, having brown hair fits better with her kurd origin, and she simply can dye her hair on MGS1.

Sniper Wolf was born in the mid 70's or early 80's though.

Also there is this bit of info:

During the 1988 Al-Anfal Campaign in the Iran-Iraq War, Wolf witnessed the gassing of her friends and family at the hands of Iraqi soldiers. Wolf would later be trained by Gurkhas who taught her all they knew about sniping. Wolf eventually met Big Boss, who saw great potential and talent within her. Big Boss brought the young Wolf to the United States. Wolf eventually came to look up to Big Boss, whom she called "Saladin."

Sniper Wolf never had acrobatic abilities either, or camo shifting skin or whatever Quiet did last year.

deleted

That was great! This marks the only game atm that would get me to buy a new console. How was the PS3 versions of Ground Zero?

Qvoth

quoted from /v/
>Coming 1984
>Nineteen eighty-four, a dystopian novel released on the 8th of June
>David Bowie releases his hit song 'Diamond Dogs' based on the dystopian Novel Nineteen eighty-four"
>Trailer "leaked" on June 8th
KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BASED KOJ

MormaPope

Banned
A bit of restraint in musical form to juxtapose the already melodramatic content of the trailer would've been nice. Instead we get embarrassingly earnest lyrics sung in such an overwrought way that it makes the skin crawl. It's just overkill through and through. Someone needs to tell Kojima that a little nuance can go a long way.

Well, I'll be the first to admit MGS as a franchise is melodramtic as fuck, always has been, always will be. I love the melodrama, the spectacle.

The melodrama doesn't deter from the themes of the games, to me anyways.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Am I missing something with the fact that they look to be on
Big Shell?
I didn't that was outer haven. Did I miss the link in MGS 2 or something?

Aggelos

I didn't see any men descending into madness in this trailer.
Everything looks nice and normal. I don't see any surprising elements in this trailer. There is considerable violence floating around in the atmosphere of the trailer, but if you consider that that we live in the digital age and uncensored & shocking videos can be access very easily around the web, I don't see anything extreme in this trailer.
I mean real violence is much more shocking and brutal than fictional and fictitious violence (in video games, motion pictures, et al)

So many kudos to Kojima and his team for taking MGS into this path and making/having it exploring/explore themes that are new to the series.

Music choice is all over the place, first Garbage, now that NUUUUKLEAAAA guy. PFFF. Harry-Gregson Williams scores were times better. I don't know which feels this is supposed to invoke.

MormaPope

Banned
Am I missing something with the fact that they look to be on
Big Shell?
I didn't that was outer haven. Did I miss the link in MGS 2 or something?

I mean, The Patriots thought Shadow Moses was the perfect scenario to test the S3 plan. They sorta forge anything they want (even ideas or scenarios) and use it to their benefit.

I didn't see any men descending into madness in this trailer.
Everything looks nice and normal. I don't see any surprising elements in this trailer. There is considerable violence floating around in the atmosphere of the trailer, but if you consider that that we live in the digital age and uncensored & shocking videos can be access very easily around the web, I don't see anything extreme in this trailer.
I mean real violence is much more shocking and brutal than fictional and fictitious violence (in video games, motion pictures, et al)

So many kudos to Kojima and his team for taking MGS into this path and making/having it exploring/explore themes that are new to the series.

This. If you are following what is happening in the middle east especially in Syria, this is a walk in the park.

Rising_Hei

This doesn't look old gen at all, even if it is. It looks gorgeous but not because of RAW power but because the talent behind this game.

About the story, i think that quiet started off as an enemy.

The sonds? they are just like the vocals of Snake Eater...

Sniper Wolf was born in the mid 70's or early 80's though.

Also there is this bit of info:

Sniper Wolf never had acrobatic abilities either, or camo shifting skin or whatever Quiet did last year.

Well, they can simply make the same as with Gray Fox and fit it in Portable Ops even if they have to modify a little the background.

co1onel

I'm getting the feeling though Quiet isn't a new character completely, that she has some ties to a character or two. The easiest answer is Quiet being Sniper Wolf's mother, but that's too easy.

I think the idea that she's related to the End is more likely.

I can't even understand what he says at the very end. That said, Kaz's lines sound way too bland here, not liking it. Kiefer sounds like Kiefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom