• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Will this game have multiplayer?

Yes. New Metal Gear Online is in the works at their second Kojima Prodcutions studio in LA.

Quiet?
ibjaVeVTBwwdnR.gif

I managed to save the 1080p version, ill upload in a sec

Woah, yeah that's definitely Quiet.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going all in here... Quiet will be playable.

Oh I would love to play
with
Quiet

1508lqzmg.gif

On a sidenote: I'm quite sure she will be playable in Metal Gear Online like the previous special characters

MormaPope

Banned
Not fully understanding what's happening is intended, 100%. Fans figuring the game out plot wise way before release would be a gigantic blunder on Kojima and his team.

Also, Big Boss getting in a physical fight with Liquid is almost heartbreaking, dude can't even talk to his young son without some sort of combat. Which is pretty telling actually, awesome foreshadowing for what Solid Snake does to him.

Not fully understanding what's happening is intended, 100%. Fans figuring the game out plot wise way before release would be a gigantic blunder on Kojima and his team.

Also, Big Boss getting in a physical fight with Liquid is almost heartbreaking, dude can't even talk to his young son without some sort of combat. Which is pretty telling actually, awesome foreshadowing for what Solid Snake does to him.

Well, Big Boss didn't exactly like his bastard clones, so I think the feeling is mutual.

MormaPope

Banned
Quiet may not be Chico, but could it be his sister?

Amanda doesn't speak at all during Ground Zeroes, her fate is unknown. Was she labeled a traitor and brutally tortured and maimed by the Diamond Dogs?

Well, Big Boss didn't exactly like his bastard clones, so I think the feeling is mutual.

He can also be so broken mentally and spiritually that the hate he has for them is based on him not being able to be a father.

Amanda doesn't speak at all during Ground Zeroes, her fate is unknown. Was she labeled a traitor and brutally tortured and maimed by the Diamond Dogs?

His sister would have aged nine years, being in her thirties.

Quiet is not someone I would pin to be in their thirties, and Quiet doesn't remotely resemble Amanda.

Psoelberg

In game-design terms, tufts of grass and little rocks and things mean nothing in a GTA game. In Metal Gear, it means everything. Every little bush can be crucial to the gameplay. Even in Ground Zeroes I found that returning to like certain squares of 10 metres felt totally different because there were different guards around, changing the context around that space and how I used it, how the puzzle element of figuring out where to sneak sort of looped differently around the same areas. Environment stuff I ignored other times suddenly became important and memorable.

This game won't have the features of a Rockstar world, but the differences balances out when the immediate environment you're in is so much more important and urgent to the gameplay.

In a way, this is open-world design that is better (from the core) than R*'s. No other open world "sandbox" game is quite this flexible.

This is exactly how I feel. Rockstar makes open worlds where the big picture matters; all the small things are there to create something huge. It seems to be the other way around with Phantom Pain's open world. It is the small picture that matters.

fi1ip

This was more like a music video than a video game trailer.

It's ok, but i feel a little bit disappointed...

Liked the song.

MormaPope

Banned
His sister would have aged nine years, being in her thirties.

Quiet is not someone I would pin to be in their thirties, and Quiet doesn't remotely resemble Amanda.

Compared to her original Peace Walker artwork and model, true.

I'm getting the feeling though Quiet isn't a new character completely, that she has some ties to a character or two. The easiest answer is Quiet being Sniper Wolf's mother, but that's too easy.

He can also be so broken mentally and spiritually that the hate he has for them is based on him not being able to be a father.

I don't know, Big Boss never really stuck me as a guy who would ever be into being a father or anything remotely close to that.

His life is on the battlefield, that's where his relationships lie.

Compared to her original Peace Walker artwork and model, true.

I'm getting the feeling though Quiet isn't a new character completely, that she has some ties to a character or two. The easiest answer is Quiet being Sniper Wolf's mother, but that's too easy.

why?

March 2015 release date? It's possible for you?
The game seems to be in advanced state of development...

The earliest we will get MGS5 is April 2015, which I doubt is happening. Konami has said it's coming next fiscal year and at worst the year after if development slips.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"Coming 1984" means 19-8+4=15.... 2015 comfirmed!
leuhkik4eqoq.gif

MormaPope

Banned
I don't know, Big Boss never really stuck me as a guy who would ever be into being a father or anything remotely close to that.

His life is on the battlefield, that's where his relationships lie.

That's what I'm getting at, that he feels he couldn't possibly be a father due to who he is and what he's done.

Another form of phantom pain, he's the father to his sons physically, but emotionally he isn't. That would be a pretty painful thing to feel. He was never apathetic at his sons existing, he clearly feels something towards them.

Tekku

Beautiful trailer. This truly has the potential to be the greatest game this generation.

Are we gonna see some gameplay during one of the conferences? Anyone know?

MormaPope

Banned

Every character introduced thus far has had ties to other characters or the series in general.

Quiet being a one and done, new character isn't something I'd bet on. Hell, I'd bet Skullface has a rage boner over something having to do with the Philosophers Legacy and how Zero manipulated him.

Love this. Thanks.

Hmm surprised people didn't like the song choice. Fits perfectly for the trailer. Western nuclear epic with the dramatic feels.

The lyrics make it seem like the song is based on the game and vice versa:

Standing on the edge of the crater
Like the prophets once said
and the ashes are all cold now
No more bullets and the embers are dead
Whispers in the air tell the tales
Of the brothers gone
Desolation, devastation
What a miss we made, when it all went wrong

Watching from the edge of the circus
For the games to begin
Gladiators draw their swords
form their ranks for armageddon

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoning child

Standing on the edge of the underworld
Looking at the abyss
and I'm hoping for some miracle
To breakout to escape from all this
Whispers in the air tell the tales
of a life that's gone
Desolation, devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoning child

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoning child

Beautiful trailer. This truly has the potential to be the greatest game this generation.

Are we gonna see some gameplay during one of the conferences? Anyone know?

Kojima made a 30 minute demonstration of TPP open world gameplay but it will be shown behind closed doors at the press only. It might eventually be uploaded online; I sure hope so, it's kinda lame to build hype by not showing it.

GReeeeN

seems like it was uploaded and released early, guess ill wait till the M$ conference to check it out, cannot wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom