• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofy102

The story could be terrible for all I care, I just want the only open world that can potentially compete with Rockstar's.

one is a saturday and the other is a monday. I think games usually release in Japan on thursdays. I think it is something else...
Not sure what :/
Well the 19th of August, 2004 was a Thursday. Perhaps this game will require a time machine we get from 2084?

Could I maybe just read up on Peace Walker and the go into Ground Zeros?
Is Peace Walker a sequel to MGS3?

Yes, Peace Walker is a direct sequel to MGS3.

You could read up on Peace Walker instead, but we're talking about direct tie overs with Peace Walker and The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeros.

But, maybe you can save yourself from the tonal shift. So my advice, go read up mainly on Kaz, Chico, Paz and Mother Base. The actual story is garbage and doesn't seem to be important, the characters are what matters from Peace Walker.

valkyre

pls don't try and read release dates into it, it's just Kojima kraziness.

Why do you say that? I dont think that 1984 is thrown there for no reason at all or just to troll gamers. I know kojima is a troll but i really think he is not up to this now. Not after such a dark and serious trailer.

deim0s

AAAAAAAWWWW YEAAAAH!!!

I don't know if I'm thankful or be pissed watching this earlier than intended.

Spazznid

The story could be terrible for all I care, I just want the only open world that can potentially compete with Rockstar's.

First off, it's impossible at this point for the story to be terrible. It will either be REALLY campy, or REALLY good. and either one will result in faces melting.

Lernaean

Banned
one is a saturday and the other is a monday. I think games usually release in Japan on thursdays. I think it is something else...
Not sure what :/

Then August 4 2019 is a Sunday and April 8 2019 is a Monday so you can still hope it's being released relatively soon :p

I thought this was current gen only? And that Ground Zeroes was the only cross gen mgs5. Why is the ps3 logo still at the end? Is this cross gen?

Looks great. Would love to not have to upgrade to a ps4 for this.

Why do you say that? I dont think that 1984 is thrown there for no reason at all or just to troll gamers. I know kojima is a troll but i really think he is not up to this now. Not after such a dark and serious trailer.

Was just advaice but if you want to dedicate your life to discovering the secret code behind those 4 numbers, don't let me stop you.

So that shrapnel horn thing is symbolic of Snake's descent into madness and depravity, in that the horn mimics an evil/demonic devil horn?

Gasian

Well the 19th of August, 2004 was a Thursday. Perhaps this game will require a time machine we get from 2084?

That would be insane...
Seems like something kojima would do ;)

Then August 4 2019 is a Sunday and April 8 2019 is a Monday so you can still hope it's being released relatively soon :p

Sooner than the last guardian...
Okay low blow sorry,I actually hope and dream for it everyday :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Japan's day started a few hours ago. Konami uploaded it.
Oh, that makes sense.

BB taking people's ashes and rubbing them on his face is pretty messed up. And as for the date, the game takes place in 1984...

no its coming to ps3 and xbox 360 as well.. however I think it will play badly. or the graphics will be reduced.
Phantom Pain isn't going to be cross gen.

~~Hasan~~

I thought this was current gen only? And that Ground Zeroes was the only cross gen mgs5. Why is the ps3 logo still at the end? Is this cross gen?

Looks great. Would love to not have to upgrade to a ps4 for this.

no its coming to ps3 and xbox 360 as well.. however I think it will play badly. or the graphics will be reduced.

also. sorry for asking this as its not my business. but why on earth you do not want to upgrade to ps4 or xbox one ? money issues ?

. like, you can always sell you ps3 + games you have and get a ps4. I mean sooner or later you are going to buy one as long as you love gaming, so why not enjoy it now ?

Vally

That bit at the end when Big Boss kills 3 soldiers and then another one just randomly walks by and gets shot point blank in the head... what's going on there? lol

So that shrapnel horn thing is symbolic of Snake's descent into madness and depravity, in that the horn mimics an evil/demonic devil horn?

Yes.

That bit at the end when Big Boss kills 3 soldiers and then another one just randomly walks by and gets shot point blank in the head... what's going on there? lol

Nanomachine zombies Zombies. Seriously though they are in some sort of trance or something? the three of them all just kind of looking down.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

"Lead Composer: Ludvig Forssell" What?

Where the fuck is Harry Gregson-Williams??

From a medical point of view it's actually slowly going into his frontal lobe, which could explain his increased insanity and decent into madness. Turns out all of this could have been prevented if he farmed some S ranks for the medical bay.

Gekidami

Banned
People_af6c15_1079281.jpg

Juniors gotta learn how to hide DL links in email tags so lurkers can't get to them.
The webm has pretty resilient outside of them.

From a medical point of view it's actually slowly going into his frontal lobe, which could explain his increased insanity and decent into madness. Turns out all of this could have been prevented if he farmed some S ranks for the medical bay.

You'd think his subordianates would know better than to follow orders from a guy with a freakin' foreign object lodged to his brain!

Not 100% accurate, but

水葬をしない? それで...
[Are we] not doing the water burial? That...

仲間の灰でダイヤモンドを創れ
Turn our comrades' ashes into diamonds

それを俺達は抱いて 戦場へ行く
and we bring them into the battlefield

死してなおも 輝き続ける
Even with death, it will still shines brilliantly

仲間の元で...
The foundation of our comrades

俺達はダイヤモンドドグスだ
We are Diamond Dogs

お前達の無念を海の藻屑にはしない
I won't let your (referring to comrades) regrets drown in the sea