• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Trailer is amazing. Man, I'd really wish Kojima would stay away from this supernatural bullshit. His stories would be so much better.

Fuck that was amazing! As always for Kojima trailers great song choice.
Has anyone translated the endings?

Here we go, possibly slightly mistranslated, but seems to get the just of it from what others are saying.

Here's my crappy translations of the dialogue that occurred:

水葬をしない? それで...
[Are we] not doing the water burial? That...

仲間の灰でダイヤモンドを創れ
Turn our comrades' ashes into diamonds

それを俺達は抱いて 戦場へ行く
and we bring them into the battlefield

死してなおも 輝き続ける
Even with death, it will still shines brilliantly

仲間の元で...
The foundation of our comrades

俺達はダイヤモンドドグスだ
We are Diamond Dogs

お前達の無念を海の藻屑にはしない
I won't let your (referring to comrades) regrets drown in the sea

俺は常にお前達とある
I will always be with you all.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
.webm of Quiet jumping and kicking pls.

Wishmaster92 made a gif of that scene.

mgs6_by_raziel1992-d7lmepb.gif

Trailer is amazing. Man, I'd really wish Kojima would stay away from this supernatural bullshit. His stories would be so much better.

I agree to an extent. This seems to be a very heavy game. While I don't hate, or even against having a heavy tone in the Metal Gear universe, I think this type of tone and story would be better suited for a series without the metal gear baggage that is it's canon.

But, we will see how it plays out. After all we have been teased Big Boss's decent into madness for three games now. It's about time we get a meaningful payoff.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kotaku gifs

This scene is so weird, makes no sense to me.
uepoceq7jbokkj3qciom.gif

That was brutal.
loved it.
g4yhqtblcw3gs80spja3.gif

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Kind of crazy to think that this storyline I've been playing for 15+ years is finally going to be complete and end where it began. Would be an even longer time if you played the first Metal Gear games.

What did you want instead.

Seriously, criticism like this is pointless without some sort of elaboration.

A bit of restraint in musical form to juxtapose the already melodramatic content of the trailer would've been nice. Instead we get embarrassingly earnest lyrics sung in such an overwrought way that it makes the skin crawl. It's just overkill through and through. Someone needs to tell Kojima that a little nuance can go a long way.

Oriel

Dammit, I'm in two minds over whether to watch this or not. Ground Zeroes was great but I pretty much knew most of what was going to happen,
like the destruction of Mother Base.

Are spoilers abound in this new trailer?

Dammit, I'm in two minds over whether to watch this or not. Ground Zeroes was great but I pretty much knew most of what was going to happen,
like the destruction of Mother Base.

Are spoilers abound in this new trailer?

Not really, other than finding out what they do with their dead.

MormaPope

Banned
When Big Boss is forcing a comrade to stab him, the knife does go into his left breast or even chest. Don't think body armor stops stab wounds. Is more of his body "prosthetic" than we're lead to believe?

Also the ending involving the CQC disarm and then executions seems incredibly odd. It feels like those dudes are holding Big Boss back from doing something, and wouldn't one of the dudes cap him outright if they wanted him dead? Then there is the guy walking like hes brain dead.

Is Psycho Mantis manipulating that group of men?

good trailer, but I expected it to be darker and more brutal. Last E3 trailer was better in my opinion. I'm liking that events of the game is happening the same year I was born.

Acheteedo

Complaining that a game is going for 60 fps is horrible. Why would you do that?

I value better graphics more than the 30 to 60fps jump.

Please go take a look at last gen consoles, then go look at some Ground Zeros gameplay.

Don't say such silly things.

The lighting, the facial animation, the jaggies, the poly count, it just isn't impressive to me. It's great for people who value 60fps as a first priority I guess.

I'm getting the feeling though Quiet isn't a new character completely, that she has some ties to a character or two. The easiest answer is Quiet being Sniper Wolf's mother, but that's too easy.

It fits better to be Sniper Wolf itself. Quiet is quite young, and the game should happen on 1984. MGS1 happens on 2005, and Sniper Wolf seems to be in their 40's.

I see on the wiki that she learns sniping after 1988, but that can be changed easily. Also, having brown hair fits better with her kurd origin, and she simply can dye her hair on MGS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom